Home Forums Theater 2015-2016 Season: Complete Broadway Production Listings

2015-2016 Season: Complete Broadway Production Listings

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 149 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
  • adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

So, it’s never too early to start with this.

A Roundabout production of Noises Off will start performances 12/17/15, with two-time Tony winner Andrea Martin in the cast.

adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

There will be yet another revival of Fiddler on the Roof next season, with performances starting Nov. 17, 2015. Danny Burstein (!) will star as Tevye in a production directed by Bartlet Sher, who seems to be trying to outdo Joe Mantello for most productions. No theatre has been announced yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

School of Rock, based on the movie, will start previous at the Winter Garden 11/2/15 and open on 12/6/15. The film soundtrack songs will be supplemented with new songs by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Glenn Slater. Book is by Julian Fellowes. Directed by Laurence Connor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

School of Rock, based on the movie, will start previous at the Winter Garden 11/2/15 and open on 12/6/15. The film soundtrack songs will be supplemented with new songs by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Glenn Slater. Book is by Julian Fellowes. Directed by Laurence Connor.

This must be a joke – Andrew Lloyd Webber, the creator of Phantom of the Opera and some of the most serious musicals, and Julian Fellowes, the creator of Downton Abbey and Gosford Park working on an adaptation of School of Rock – sounds too weird to be true (although I know it is )

ReplyCopy URL
    Actriz
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, Webber (who I’m very cold on) and Fellows are odd choices for a School of Rock musical. This seems more up the alley of Duncan Sheik/Steven Sater or John Cameron Mitchell/Stephen Trask.

It will be interesting to see who lands the lead role. 

ReplyCopy URL
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

Roundabout will do a revival of the wonderful She Loves Me in spring 2016, to star Josh Radnor and Laura Benanti. Glory!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anthony
    Participant
    Topics:

The only critique I have regarding the casting of Laura Benanti as Amalia Balish in She Loves Me is that she is, perhaps, a little too glamorous I just remember her being referenced to as being a little too plain, but I suppose that is just me nitpicking because otherwise I think she can nail this role in every respect.

I cannot express my excitement for this revival and also hate that we have to wait a year for it! It is my favorite musical along with Ragtime.

ReplyCopy URL
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

^^If only we could have Annaleigh Ashford as Ilona as well, then I may just move into the theatre for the run.

ReplyCopy URL
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

In what will undoubtedly by the first production of the new season, Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons will play God in a new comic play, An Act of God, by David Javerbaum, beginning May 5. This is a limited run, playing at Studio 54, but is not a Roundabout production.

ReplyCopy URL
    Actriz
    Participant
    Topics:

Playbill is reporting that Tom Kitt and Brian Yorkey are developing a musical based on the novel/numerous film adaptations of Freaky Friday and that a development lab will be held from March 31st to April 10th. Bridget Carpenter is writing the book and Christopher Ashley is directing.

My guess is this adaptation will be most similar to the 2003 film with Curtis/Lohan as that was the most commercially/critically successful and most recent/appealing. Apparently the Jamie Lee Curtis role has already been cast (still yet to be announced) and the rest of the roles are seeking actors. 

ReplyCopy URL
    SamEckmann
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Holy CRAP! Allegiance is finally coming to Broadway! 

The new musical is opening at a TBA Shubert Theatre with previews starting October 6th, official opening night November 8th. George Takei is attached to star (and its not official but likely that Lea Salonga and Telly Leung will return). Exciting that NYC finally gets to see it.  

ReplyCopy URL
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

To have Lea Salonga grace the Broadway stage again would be a truly wonderful thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    SamEckmann
    Keymaster
    Topics:

ANOTHER holy crap! James Lapine will direct a revival of Falsettos for spring 2016! Jordan Roth made tha announcement (meaning it will likely be at a Jujamcyn theatre…meaning it will likely be at the St. James unless they decide to close Jersey Boys). I don’t know how commercially successful this one can be, but itll be here for Tony noms next year so that’ll help. Here’s hoping for the best! Great day for announcements!

ReplyCopy URL
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

The early front-runner for basically everything, Hamilton will start previews at the Richard Rodgers Theatre on 7/13/15.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rexy Jolly
    Participant
    Topics:

Holy CRAP! Allegiance is finally coming to Broadway! 

The new musical is opening at a TBA Shubert Theatre with previews starting October 6th, official opening night November 8th. George Takei is attached to star (and its not official but likely that Lea Salonga and Telly Leung will return). Exciting that NYC finally gets to see it.  

Finally. Lea Salonga is coming back to Broadway. Yay! 🙂 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.