December 30, 2014 at 11:26 pm #434503
I am a full time student and singer and I’m starting to build a repetoire for myself by picking songs that I really want to perform and that would be right for my voice. It got me to thinking about songs that I would really like to see my two favorite Broadway performers Kelli O’Hara and Audra McDonald perform, songs that I think they would sound fantastic on. I’m wondering which songs you would most like your favorite broadway stars to perform and why. You can chime in on roles you would like to see them do (I’ll make a separate thread for those though) but try to focus on songs since there are many great songs that a person can do in a concert setting or on an album, but may not necessarily be the right age or the right type to play the role on stage.
1. The Miller’s Son From A Little Night Music: Audra’s starting to perform more Sondheim songs in concert and on her albums and this would sound amazing in her belt and she would act the hell out of it, not to mention its such an incredible song.
2. Back To Before from Ragtime – Another fabulous belt song that she could do perfectly. I actually think she could do a great job playing this role, but color blind casting wouldn’t really work at all with Ragtime. She could still do it in concert though.
3. Losing My Mind from Follies- She could shatter hearts with this song.
1. Come To My Garden/How Could I Ever Know? from The Secret Garden: Really, this part would be a great role for her and these songs would sound gorgeous in her voice.
2. Will You? from Grey Gardens: This is a role she’s obviously too young for, but she could do such a beautiful job with this song.
3. My White Knight from The Music Man: This is a perfect role for her and she says she would absolutuley love to do it. And this is a terrfic song too.December 31, 2014 at 10:16 am #434505
It’s another role that she’s clearly too young for, but I’d love to hear Kelli O’Hara take on “With One Look” and “As If We Never Said Goodbye” from Sunset Boulevard.December 31, 2014 at 6:18 pm #434506
Audra would kill at The Miller’s Son and Losing My Mind!
I would love to hear Laura Benanti sing “Vanilla Ice Cream” from She Loves Me…..she could really pull all of the subtle comedic moments out of it beautifully.
I may hold off until the full role page is created because everything I am thinking of are roles only.January 3, 2015 at 12:55 am #434507
I’ll go ahead and create it then :).
Audra should sing Home from The Wiz- She’d be fabulous at it!