Home Forums Theater Most Anticipated Shows of the 2016-17 Broadway Season

Most Anticipated Shows of the 2016-17 Broadway Season

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
  • Jeffrey Kare
    Participant
    Topics:

Now that the 2015-16 Broadway season is over, it’s time to move onto the next one! There may already be a thread covering the listings for next season, but I’d like to hear from you guys on what your most anticipated show(s) of the 2016-17 Broadway season are.

At this point, the ones I’m most interested in are Anastasia, Dear Evan Hansen, Hello, Dolly!, and Miss Saigon.

What are yours?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Jeffrey Kare.
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

I got my ticket the other day for The Front Page. What a cast!

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m a sucker for Cats. I am less enthused with Leona Lewis (snore) is playing Grizabella but my friend has never been to Broadway and that is a show we bond over so I still want to go.

Dear Evan Hansen sounds like our 2017 Tony winner and I love Ben Platt (and I have a soft spot for the Belasco theater with seeing Hedwig and Blackbird there so I’m excited it’ll be there)

Hello Dolly is just everything I want it to be. I saw the movie for the first time last year and fell in love with it and Bette Midler is one of my favorite human beings of all time so I am very excited to seeing that.

The Front Page sounds great and any chance to see Nathan Lane live seems intriguing.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a possibility. Being in Willy Wonka at my community theater may bring back nightmares but I’m all for Christian Borle

But I am thinking about going to The Color Purple. I really just want to experience Cynthia Erivo’s powerhouse voice

ReplyCopy URL
    Jeffrey Kare
    Participant
    Topics:

You definitely should see The Color Purple. I saw the show last Friday night, and Cynthia Erivo absolutely gave one of the best theatrical performances I’ve ever seen! Though please note that she is currently taking a week off, but will be back this Sunday night.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Most Anticipated Shows of the 2016-17 Broadway Season

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.