Notification Tool : 2012 Grammy Nominees CD (Track Listing)
Follow what's new with:
2012 Grammy Nominees CD (Track Listing)
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Jan 6th 2012, 15:05

Rating: 0/5
(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Atypical

Total Topics: 123, Posts: 8,789
View Predictions

2012 Grammy Nominees CD (Track Listing)

No “All of the Lights” is glaring. This compilation usually leans toward the pop and country contenders, as this one does.

1. “Rolling in the Deep” (Adele) 

2. “Grenade” (Bruno Mars) 

3. “Firework” (Katy Perry) 

4. “Moves Like Jagger” (Maroon 5 featuring Christina Aguilera) 

5. “Super Bass” (Nicki Minaj) 

6. “What's My Name?” (Rihanna featuring Drake) 

7. “Work Out” (J. Cole) 

8. “Yoü & I” (Lady Gaga) 

9. “Pumped Up Kicks” (Foster the People) 

10. “Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites” (Skrillex) 

11. “Paradise” (Coldplay) 

12. “Walk” (The Foo Fighters) 

13. “If I Die Young” (The Band Perry) 

14. “The Cave” (Mumford & Sons) 

15. “Holocene” (Bon Iver) 

16. “Just a Kiss” (Lady Antebellum) 

17. “Mean” (Taylor Swift) 

18. “Honey Bee” (Blake Shelton) 

19. “Drink in My Hand” (Eric Church) 

20. “Dearest” (The Black Keys) 

21. “Don’t You Wanna Stay?” (Jason Aldean featuring Kelly Clarkson) 

22. “Body & Soul” (Tony Bennett featuring Amy Winehouse)

Jan 6th 2012, 15:17

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinem.A.A.d
Hi m.A.A.d ,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

m.A.A.d

Total Topics: 13, Posts: 1,850
View Predictions

"Empire State of Mind" didn't make the list last year, and I think that had more to do with the song not getting cleared by the label. In Kanye's case, I think they just went with the categories below:

This list consists of:

Album of the Year nominees: (Adele, Bruno Mars, Lady GaGa, Rihanna, Foo Fighters)

Best New Artist nominees: (Bon Iver, Nicki Minaj, The Band Perry, J. Cole, Skrillex)

Record of the Year nominees: (Adele, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Bon Iver, Mumford & Sons)

Pop Group nominees: (Maroon 5, Coldplay, The Black Keys, Tony Bennett, Foster The People)

Country field/Album nominees: (Taylor Swift, Blake Shelton, Eric Church, Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum)

Last year, no Best New Artist nominee was included on the album.

Jan 6th 2012, 16:33

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

View Predictions
I was counting that as the only SOTY snub. It's probably an issue with song clearance. It should have been included over some of these others.

Jan 7th 2012, 09:56

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineGucci
Hi Gucci,

Gucci

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 9,605
View Predictions
Surprised

"Moves Like Jagger" is included on this set.  Wasn't expecting that.
Jan 7th 2012, 10:51

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTonyKuKo
Hi TonyKuKo,

TonyKuKo

Total Topics: 12, Posts: 345
View Predictions
"All of the Lights" is not listed because the SOTY category was not included in the album as The World Is Yours mentioned.
The problem is that the tracklisting is messy. In previous years the track was ordered according to the category (ROTY nominees first then AOTY and so on...) and since 2009 (i think) the tracklist has been random.
To me they should probably only have singers with multiple nominations and make it like a NOW compilation (if you get what I mean). 7x nominee Kanye and 5x nominee Lil Wayne and Radiohead are not listed simply because their categories were not selected whereas J. Cole and Maroon 5 (with one single nod each) are in.
Visit and follow my blog: thegramophonereporter.wordpress.com/
Jan 7th 2012, 11:46

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

View Predictions
I know that SOTY wasn't included. That wasn't the point I was making. SOTY and ROTY have a 4/5 overlap. When I first saw this list, "All of the Lights" was the first snub that drew my attention. Yes, ROTY does have all the nominees there, but they don't always include the full category of the few categories they choose to feature (like with country album, there's no George Strait). "All of the Lights" could have been included in this list. I think it was an issue with song clearance more than anything, since there is some urban representation on the compilation.

Jan 7th 2012, 11:50

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinem.A.A.d
Hi m.A.A.d ,

m.A.A.d

Total Topics: 13, Posts: 1,850
View Predictions
I get what you're saying perfectly, but the only urban representation on the album are J. Cole and Nicki Minaj, who are both nominated for Best New Artist (it seems that they wanted to include all BNA contenders since they didn't include any last year), and arguably Rihanna, who is nominated for AOTY (all AOTY contenders were included on the list), but "All of the Lights" should have been included. 
Jan 7th 2012, 12:39

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineDD
Hi DD,

DD

Total Topics: 18, Posts: 641
View Predictions

Does it really matter? No one really buys this Grammy albums. I'd argue that the Academy should discontinue them unless all of the proceeds are going to charities.

My Grammy credentials!

Jan 7th 2012, 13:31

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

View Predictions
Quote by TonyKuko
To me they should probably only have singers with multiple nominations and make it like a NOW compilation (if you get what I mean). 7x nominee Kanye and 5x nominee Lil Wayne and Radiohead are not listed simply because their categories were not selected whereas J. Cole and Maroon 5 (with one single nod each) are in.

I hadn't thought of doing it like that before. That could work as a general representation of what the field of contenders were really like that year, but it might exclude some of the low-nod breakouts too.

Jan 7th 2012, 13:32

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

View Predictions
Quote by Darrin_L._Dortch
Does it really matter? No one really buys this Grammy albums. I'd argue that the Academy should discontinue them unless all of the proceeds are going to charities.

I for one get them every year. And the proceeds do go to charity.

Jan 7th 2012, 14:57

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineGucci
Hi Gucci,

Gucci

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 9,605
View Predictions

Who cares if "All Of The Lights" isn't included on this compilation?  I, personally, don't think the song is all that great and should not have even gotten a SOTY nom.

Jan 17th 2012, 02:49

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

View Predictions
The release date is Tuesday, January 24, 2012.

Jan 17th 2012, 23:35

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineUniverse
Hi Universe,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 16
View Predictions
and there's no one from R&B category at all ... R&B is a "left over" category this year that nobody want to touch ...
Jan 18th 2012, 03:13

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinePieman1994
Hi Pieman1994,

Pieman1994

Total Topics: 2, Posts: 1,344
View Predictions
Quote by Gucci

Who cares if "All Of The Lights" isn't included on this compilation?  I, personally, don't think the song is all that great and should not have even gotten a SOTY nom.

Totally. I love MBDTF. It's one of my favorite albums of all time. However, "All of the Lights" is easily one of the weaker tracks. Kanye should have backed something like "Lost in the World" or "Runaway" or even "Monster" instead.  
Here's my signature... just so I have it. That way, I have it. I promise. It's just to have it.
Jan 18th 2012, 08:50

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

View Predictions

For me, “All of the Lights” is one of the best songs on “MBDTF.” So I guess I’m one of those that “cares.” It’s too bad it’s not on here.