Notification Tool : Y&R News: "The role of Heather Stevens will now be played by . . .
Follow what's new with:
Y&R News: "The role of Heather Stevens will now be played by . . .
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

May 1st 2012, 09:31

Rating: 0/5
(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

eastwest

Total Topics: 104, Posts: 3,172
View Predictions
ATWT alumna and multi-Emmy winner Jennifer Landon! This isn't as blatant stunt casting as they did w/Eden Riegel, but stunt casting none the less. The difference is that she at least looks like she can be Doug Davidson's daughter and that was the sticking point w/Riegel (and other things lol).

And the last time I saw her, she was looking ROGUH. Not gonna lie, I got the same way I do when I see Julie Berman on GH. These young ladies need to stop w/the massacring of their faces. But w/this recent photo it looks like it has settled in.

Hoping for the best w/this casting, but yeah.
May 1st 2012, 10:04

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 33, Posts: 1,130
View Predictions
Wow. And I do not know if I mean that in a good way or not. It amazes me how Y&R can recruit such big names when they have shown repeatedly over the last few years that they do not know what they are doing.  I have no interest in seeing Heather (Y&R needs to get a grip on their core characters and limit the show to them), but I am curious to see how Jennifer Landon does because I had a bit of a love/hate opinion of her work on ATWT.  So I am glad Eden Riegel is not returning, but am not sure if this will be much better.

May 1st 2012, 14:23

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineEmmyLoser
Hi EmmyLoser,

EmmyLoser

Total Topics: 50, Posts: 2,545
View Predictions
I was already rolling my eyes when I saw a link earlier saying that an ATWT alum was joining Y&R, and I thought, "So help me, if they have Martha Byrne or somebody going over there now . . ."  So in comparison to what I was thinking, this barely seems like a stunt at all.  I also think JL is a good fit for Heather, I think.  It seems like a good casting move, but then I never would have imagined Eden Reigel would have been the disaster she was in the role, so I guess we'll see.

Although, I agree, why are they even bothering with Heather?  Soon enough they'll have well more than enough people in that age group without throwing her in, so I don't get it.

Both Christie Clark and Carrie Reed have had their babies. Now bring them back to Salem!

May 1st 2012, 17:05

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,

Boidiva02

Total Topics: 121, Posts: 2,432
View Predictions
This role has just got to be one of the most poorly cast roles in soap history. They really haven't got a grip on who this character should be... Good lord this is the wrong direction to go in...

“In the end, we won’t remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”- Martin Luther King Jr.

May 2nd 2012, 02:37

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

Total Topics: 33, Posts: 1,130
View Predictions
^^  Yeah.  Vail Bloom hit her stride nicely (and I remember thinking she looked hot doing it at the time), but not until the end of her run.  Then Eden Riegel came in with some painfully bad acting while the character was also losing its direction in the writing, then along comes Avery Bailey Clark who is basically Vail Bloom's Heather, and now Heather returns so MAB can announce another big name addition to the cast.  And with Michael, Avery, Christine (soon), and now Heather, how many lawyers does this show need?  My second thought on this news is, I am mildly interested seeing Jennifer Landon again and will force myself to be open-minded, but I am not expecting it to work.