Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Jun 25th 2012, 07:39
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineDaniel Montgomery
Hi Daniel Montgomery,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Daniel Montgomery

Total Topics: 81, Posts: 2,090
View Predictions
One of the heartbreaking aspects of watching the Emmy race as closely as we do is those times when there's an actor who we know could have won an Emmy if only they had been nominated, because we know he or she had the episode to do it.

Of the top of my head, I'm thinking Sarah Michelle Gellar in "The Body" ("Buffy"), Susanna Thompson in "Gardenia" ("Once and Again"), and Elizabeth Mitchell in "One of Us" ("Lost").

What are some other great performances that could have won if only voters had gotten a chance to see them? 
siskel ebert
Jun 25th 2012, 08:30
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBTN
Hi BTN,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

BTN

Total Topics: 6, Posts: 683
View Predictions
Simon Baker Mentalist Strawberries and Cream Part 2
Jun 25th 2012, 08:34
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineadamunc
Hi adamunc,

adamunc

Total Topics: 30, Posts: 1,859
View Predictions
Yunjin Kim, Lost, "House of the Rising Sun" and "...In Translation" (back in the day when supporting players submitted two eps).

Let me be your emergency contact

Your occasional plus-one

Your excuse to take a sick day

When the forecast calls for sun...

Jun 25th 2012, 08:38
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineadamunc
Hi adamunc,

adamunc

Total Topics: 30, Posts: 1,859
View Predictions
From Designing Women:

Season 3, Dixie Carter for Leading Actress, "The Candidate"
Season 2, Jean Smart for Supporting Actress, "I'll Be Seeing You"/"How Great Thou Art"
Season 3, Annie Potts for Supporting Actress, "Big Haas and Little Falsie"/"Stand and Fight"

Let me be your emergency contact

Your occasional plus-one

Your excuse to take a sick day

When the forecast calls for sun...

Jun 25th 2012, 08:46
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

Total Topics: 122, Posts: 8,368
View Predictions
Laurie Metcalf, "Desperate Housewives" ("Bang")

"You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have."

~ Maya Angelou

Jun 25th 2012, 09:29
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJake
Hi Jake,

Total Topics: 33, Posts: 1,069
View Predictions
Quote by Atypical

Yep, a no-brainer. I still feel bad that it wasn't submitted.  
Jun 25th 2012, 09:33
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineDaniel Montgomery
Hi Daniel Montgomery,

Daniel Montgomery

Total Topics: 81, Posts: 2,090
View Predictions
Quote by Atypical

That was a case where an actor was nominated and submitted the wrong episode. I'm thinking specifically of instances where someone had a tape that could have won but wasn't even nominated. 
siskel ebert
Jun 25th 2012, 09:46
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

Total Topics: 122, Posts: 8,368
View Predictions
Quote by Daniel_Montgomery
Quote by Atypical

That was a case where an actor was nominated and submitted the wrong episode. I'm thinking specifically of instances where someone had a tape that could have won but wasn't even nominated. 

Okay then.

Alison Pill, "In Treatment" ("April: Week Four")
Blair Underwood, "In Treatment" ("Alex: Week Six")

"You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have."

~ Maya Angelou

Jun 25th 2012, 11:49
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,

thesmartone

Total Topics: 167, Posts: 2,851
View Predictions
Last year:

Supporting Actress in a Comedy:
WENDIE MALICK - HOT IN CLEVELAND ("Good Luck Faking the Goiter")

Lead Actress in a Comedy:
Eva Longoria - Desperate Housewives ("Farewell Letter")

Guest Actress in a Comedy:
Emily Bergl - Desperate Housewives ("Everything's Different, Nothing's Changed")
Jun 25th 2012, 12:05
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineRenaton
Hi Renaton,

Renaton

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 7,495
View Predictions
Lauren Graham ("Raincoats and Recipes")

Anna Torv ("Olivia" or "Marionette")

Henry Ian Cusick ("Flashes Before Your Eyes" and "The Constant")

Jun 25th 2012, 12:12
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineblueprint
Hi blueprint,

blueprint

Total Topics: 12, Posts: 2,113
View Predictions
Chloe Sevigny "The Greater Good". She runs rings around all 6 nominees of 2010 with this episode.
And if you wanna make sense
Whatcha looking at me for?
Jun 25th 2012, 12:33
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineCarlo
Hi Carlo,

Carlo

Total Topics: 4, Posts: 149
View Predictions
January Jones, Mad Men - "A Night To Remember", 2009

Jennifer Aniston, Friends - "The One With The Fake Party", 1998

Peter Krause, Six Feet Under - "The Last Time", 2002
Peter Krause, SIx Feet Under - "I'm Sorry, I'm Lost", 2003
Jun 25th 2012, 13:24
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineA Person
Hi A Person,

A Person

Total Topics: 12, Posts: 1,556
View Predictions
Walton Goggins, The Shield- " Family Meeting," 2009. 
Jun 25th 2012, 13:39
Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineFNLFan89
Hi FNLFan89,

FNLFan89

Total Topics: 13, Posts: 1,045
View Predictions
Off the top of my head...

Kyle Chandler, Friday Night Lights (Eyes Wide Open)-Well, he won for the series finale, so perhaps he shouldn't count. But he was excellent in this episode, and managed to show so many different sides of Coach Taylor. And this is only the 2nd episode. 

Connie Britton, Friday Night Lights (I Think We Should Have Sex)-Would have won. Britton's speech is so heartbreaking and geunine, I can't imagine a voter would pass her by. 

Elizabeth Mitchell, Lost (One of Us)-Would have won, bar none. Heigl stole Mitchell's Emmy. Comparing the two is sad. 

Henry Ian Cusick, Lost (The Constant)-The only one who had an episode comparable to Michael Emerson's. And considering his character is more sympathetic than Emerson's, he could well have won based on the empathy factor alone.

Connie Britton, Friday Night Lights (Bad Ideas)-Again would have won. 

Yunjin Kim, Lost (Ji Yeon)-The final scene would have sealed the deal. 

Michael Chiklis, The Shield (Possible Kill Screen or Family Meeting)-The final scenes in either episode could have made him very competitive against Cranston. 

Connie Britton, Friday Night Lights (The Giving Tree)-Again would have won. Seeing a trend here?

Walton Goggins, The Shield (Parracide, Possible Kill Screen, or Family Meeting)-He would been competitive with Emerson and Paul with any one of these episodes.

Annie Wersching, 24 (Day 7 5:00pm-6:00pm)-Considering Jones was able to pull of a win with an excellent but short tape, Wersching could've done the same with an excellent but much longer take. Her final scene is great too. 

Kim Dickens, Friday Night Lights (Hello, Goodbye)-Perhaps a bit subtle. But she is so damn good in the episode that I believe she would have stood a decent shot, especially facing the actual competition. 

Katey Sagal, Sons of Anarchy (Balm)-Would have won easily. That final scene was jawdropping. 

Zach Gilford, Friday Night Lights (The Son)-This one REALLY irks me. Had he gotten in, he would have beaten Lithgow (and I loved Lithgow and with his actual competition, he deserved his win). His episode had everything a voter could possibly ask for. The greatest single episode performance of anyone, male or female, in comedy or drama, that year IMO. 

Sean Bean, Game of Thrones (Baelor)-Although I fully endorse Chandler's win, the final scene could have persuaded voters to go in his direction. 

Katey Sagal, Sons of Anarchy (Home)-Sagal would have stood a decent chance had she gotten in. And it irks that even with a GG win, she still couldn't make it. 

Michael B. Jordan, Friday Night Lights (The Right Hand of the Father)-Now I still support Dinklage's win, but Jordan would have been very competitive with this episode.  

Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones (Fire and Blood)-She was amazing during the season, and she owned the finale. She would have given Margo Martindale (who deserved her win) at least some competition. 

Kaitlyn Dever, Justified (Brother's Keeper)-She was amazing during the season, and particularly in this episode. Certainly better than the winner Loretta Devine, and better than nearly every other nominee. Only Stiles was better, and only slightly.  

Emmy 2014 FYC: Breaking Bad; Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad; Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones; Anna Gunn, Breaking Bad

Jun 25th 2012, 14:14
Hide Post  Hide Post  
Hi ,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 0

Wendie Malick for Hot in Cleveland in 2011. With "Good Luck Faking the Goiter" she would have won in a cakewalk. She had plenty of winning submissions but this one was a slam dunk.

January Jones for Mad Men in 2009. Episode: "A Night to Remember". For me there was no better dramatic performance form any actress that year than her in that particular episode.

Elizabeth Mitchell for Lost in 2007. Episode: "One of Us" & Connie Britton for Friday Night Lights in 2007. Episode: "I Think We Should Have Sex".  It would have been amazing if Britton won in leading (tying with Driver) and Mitchell in supporting but sadly we got instead Sally Field and Katherine Heigl. Honestly, the voters had Minnie Driver with "Pilot" of The Riches and they chose Sally freakin' Field over her!? BS!