Notification Tool : Silver Linings Playbook Thread (Trailer Inside)
Follow what's new with:
Silver Linings Playbook Thread (Trailer Inside)
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Jun 28th 2012, 11:18

Rating: 0/5
(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinerockstitution
Hi rockstitution,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

rockstitution

Total Topics: 19, Posts: 448
View Predictions
David O. Russell's latest featuring Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro, Jacki Weaver, Chris Tucker and Julia Stiles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Lj5_FhLaaQQ
Jun 28th 2012, 12:01

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

babypook

Total Topics: 101, Posts: 10,942
View Predictions
Hmmm; looks rather tame for a David O Russell film; a quirky romance. Hopefully it's in the same vein as "Spanking the Monkey".

Either I'm going to like it, or I'll want to throw my popcorn at the screen. Guess we'll see.

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White

Jun 29th 2012, 10:05

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMiss Frost
Hi Miss Frost,

Miss Frost

Total Topics: 52, Posts: 4,406
View Predictions
Hope Lawrence gets in Supporting, and wins. Her role looks baity. She possibly could be a double contender with THG.
Jun 29th 2012, 14:29

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTrent
Hi Trent,

Trent

Total Topics: 151, Posts: 2,520
View Predictions
Lawrence looks extremely promising. She will get nomiated for this and PaulHan will go wild.
2013 Emmys FYC
Amy Poehler, Jane Krakowski, Matthew Perry, Martha Plimpton, Louis CK, Nick Offerman, Adam Scott, Garret Dillahunt
Jun 30th 2012, 11:15

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJunk
Hi Junk,

Total Topics: 4, Posts: 1,322
View Predictions
Based just on the trailer, am I the only one thinking she's miscast here? In real life, Bradley Cooper must be double her age.
Jun 30th 2012, 11:20

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineGuest2014
Hi Guest2014,

Guest2014

Total Topics: 92, Posts: 1,930
View Predictions
Quote by kickass
Based just on the trailer, am I the only one thinking she's miscast here? In real life, Bradley Cooper must be double her age.

15 years older, I believe, at minimum.  And folks will see right through any Lawrence nomination for TSLP because IMO a lot of her fans will recognize it instead for what it REALLY would be; a hat tip for her fantastic Hunger Games performance. 
Jun 30th 2012, 11:22

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTrent
Hi Trent,

Trent

View Predictions
Quote by kickass

I think that's what David O. Russell is going for. He is probably trying to incorporate the recent trend of young women "falling in love" with older men. 
2013 Emmys FYC
Amy Poehler, Jane Krakowski, Matthew Perry, Martha Plimpton, Louis CK, Nick Offerman, Adam Scott, Garret Dillahunt
Jun 30th 2012, 11:28

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMysteriousRent
Hi MysteriousRent,

MysteriousRent

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 850
View Predictions
Quote by PaulHanlinJr
Quote by kickass

15 years older, I believe, at minimum.  And folks will see right through any Lawrence nomination for TSLP because IMO a lot of her fans will recognize it instead for what it REALLY would be; a hat tip for her fantastic Hunger Games performance. 

What did you prefer about her performance in Hunger Games compared to the one I assume you have seen in Silver Linings Playbook?  
Jul 3rd 2012, 07:22

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJake
Hi Jake,

Total Topics: 37, Posts: 1,162
View Predictions
I would love to see it especially for Jennifer Lawrence as it's a departure of her earlier roles - strong, gritty girls fighting against the whole world, and for Robert De Niro - legend with nothing exciting in his filmography since "Jackie Brown".
Sep 8th 2012, 22:32

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTrent
Hi Trent,

Trent

View Predictions
STELLAR reviews are coming out of TIFF for this, with many claiming that Lawrence has a nom in the bag.
2013 Emmys FYC
Sep 8th 2012, 22:58

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

Total Topics: 101, Posts: 10,942
View Predictions
I guess we'll see. But I'm really happy for the accolades for Jennifer, and a bit of momentum for the film.

Hahaha Paul!  Fruit

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White

Sep 9th 2012, 07:27

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineSkyLight
Hi SkyLight,

SkyLight

Total Topics: 1, Posts: 410
View Predictions
Is she lead or supporting?

Edit: Nevermind, from what I read, she's lead. I think she just might get her 2nd nom. Any chances of winning?
Sep 9th 2012, 08:03

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineGhostOrchid
Hi GhostOrchid,

GhostOrchid

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 928
View Predictions
With Harvey Weinstein at her back, the chance of winning is quite good.
But he also has "Quarted" with Maggie Smith and that comes out late in the end of the year.
I wonder if it's some kind of Michelle/Meryl reloaded, meaning J-Law winning lots of critic awards, but Smith winning Oscar No. 3.
Just my thoughts at the moment.
"My work is for sale, my life.... not."
Sep 9th 2012, 10:36

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTye-Grr
Hi Tye-Grr,

Tye-Grr

Total Topics: 38, Posts: 4,704
View Predictions
^Right now, the Best Actress category is looking pretty spare and kinda weak. It's really anyone's game (Smith, Lawrence, Knightley, Cotillard, Hunt, Quvenzhane, etc.).
Sep 9th 2012, 13:01

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJunk
Hi Junk,

Total Topics: 4, Posts: 1,322
View Predictions
I would love it if she goes Supporting for this and Lead for THG, and gets double noms! Would be very much deserving.