Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Jul 23rd 2012, 13:23
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMadsonMelo
Hi MadsonMelo,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 15, Posts: 2,296
View Predictions
Quote by Jake
Quote by AdamBeck
Quote by Chris_Beachum
Officially confirmed today...

Mayim Bialik episode is "The Shiny Trinket Maneuver".

Oh, Mayim, you just threw it away when you could have won with "The Isolation Permutation". This isn't a terrible selection, except when compared with what could have been submitted. Dunno

"The Isolation Permutation" would indeed make her a winner. But is her actual submission the one with the tiara moment? If so, then she still shouldn't be discounted. 

Yes, it is, and that's why I'm holding my breath lol
Jul 23rd 2012, 13:23
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTV12
Hi TV12,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

TV12

Total Topics: 54, Posts: 1,971
View Predictions
Quote by Nues20
Quote by FEDEclown
That's not an issue. Because voters that will judge supporting actress aren't the same ones that will judge supporting actor. And they aren't of course the same as writing and directing.

So Bowen/Vergara have 2 episodes and the guys have 4. 

I understand that was just stating who I thought had a good season and who didn't.
I think a good episode submission for Bowen would be the Election episode because I can't think of one at the moment.
Do we agree and if not what good Modern Family submissions are there?
For all cast members 

That wasn't meant for you, I don't think.

...or nah?

Jul 23rd 2012, 13:24
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinechamperdamp
Hi champerdamp,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 46
View Predictions
Quote by FEDEclown
That's not an issue. Because voters that will judge supporting actress aren't the same ones that will judge supporting actor. And they aren't of course the same as writing and directing.

I know that writers judge the writing categories and directors judge directing, but those episodes are still out there, aren't they? Voters know, or at least have the ability to know, which episodes have been nominated, even if they aren't voting in that category.

And is it actually true that only actresses can judge actresses and actors judge actors? I thought all actors, regardless of gender, judge the acting categories?
Jul 23rd 2012, 13:27
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineNues20
Hi Nues20,

Nues20

Total Topics: 19, Posts: 446
View Predictions
Quote by FEDEclown

Didn't see that it was @ champerdamp...Smile 
Jul 23rd 2012, 13:28
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTV12
Hi TV12,

TV12

Total Topics: 54, Posts: 1,971
View Predictions
Quote by champerdamp
Quote by FEDEclown

I know that writers judge the writing categories and directors judge directing, but those episodes are still out there, aren't they? Voters know, or at least have the ability to know, which episodes have been nominated, even if they aren't voting in that category.

And is it actually true that only actresses can judge actresses and actors judge actors? I thought all actors, regardless of gender, judge the acting categories?

But they do not judge those episodes. They sit down at home and watch the episodes provided to them and then sign off that they voted on these episodes and these episodes only. Actors judge actors. The term actress, IMO, is only used in awards classifications. George Clooney is an actor and Meryl Streep is an actor. So, No, it is not true.

...or nah?

Jul 23rd 2012, 13:34
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineNues20
Hi Nues20,

Nues20

Total Topics: 19, Posts: 446
View Predictions
 Chris do you email the actual nominee or the network when you are getting the episode submissions?
Jul 23rd 2012, 13:37
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinechamperdamp
Hi champerdamp,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 46
View Predictions
@TV12 It's true that I have little knowledge of the Emmy voting process. But under the terms you've stated, if I were an Emmy voter, I feel like if I saw 3+ great Julie Bowen episodes out of all the episodes I was watching at home, I'd probably vote for Julie Bowen even if I was told I only have to base it off of her episode. The "signing off" thing is probably the same as "actually reading the terms and conditions of something" to Emmy voters.

But maybe that's just me haha :P
Jul 23rd 2012, 13:51
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBoomer
Hi Boomer,

Boomer

Total Topics: 226, Posts: 2,304
View Predictions
We often get the episode info from the networks, studios, PR reps, and even the nominees themselves.

Many of these people read these forums, so be informative yet nice when making your comments. The other editors and I will also give advice to any of these people when they request it.

http://awardsheaven.angelfire.com/tvhalloffame.htm
Visit my website about the TV Hall of Fame.

Jul 23rd 2012, 13:54
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineadamunc
Hi adamunc,

adamunc

Total Topics: 30, Posts: 1,859
View Predictions
Quote by Jake
Quote by AdamBeck
Quote by Chris_Beachum
Officially confirmed today...

Mayim Bialik episode is "The Shiny Trinket Maneuver".

Oh, Mayim, you just threw it away when you could have won with "The Isolation Permutation". This isn't a terrible selection, except when compared with what could have been submitted. Dunno

"The Isolation Permutation" would indeed make her a winner. But is her actual submission the one with the tiara moment? If so, then she still shouldn't be discounted. 

It is the one with the tiara moment, but I just don't think there's enough screentime there to make her competetive with Bowen's better episodes. But, hey, she came out of nowhere to get the nomination after a good season so I guess the actors' branch likes her. I just can't understand why she would pass over "The Isolation Permutation" which centered on her and had a dozen laugh-out-loud moments plus some pathos.

Let me be your emergency contact

Your occasional plus-one

Your excuse to take a sick day

When the forecast calls for sun...

Jul 23rd 2012, 14:08
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTrent
Hi Trent,

Trent

Total Topics: 151, Posts: 2,521
View Predictions
Mayim (or anybody representing her): Although the tiara scene is brilliant, it is not enough to make you an Emmy winner. Please, change to "The Isolation Permutation" so you can claim your Emmy this September!
2013 Emmys FYC
Amy Poehler, Jane Krakowski, Matthew Perry, Martha Plimpton, Louis CK, Nick Offerman, Adam Scott, Garret Dillahunt
Jul 23rd 2012, 14:14
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineFEDEclown
Hi FEDEclown,

FEDEclown

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 232
View Predictions
Quote by champerdamp
Quote by FEDEclown

I never said that women vote on women and men vote on men. Actors (in general, male and female) vote in the acting categories. But not everybody votes on eberything. That's the nomination process. When they vote for the winners, all actors voters will be divided in groups of about 80 people and every gruop will judge a different categories for acting.
No, non riuscirai mai a capire cosa c'è scritto. Ma non importa.
Jul 23rd 2012, 16:10
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBoomer
Hi Boomer,

Boomer

Total Topics: 226, Posts: 2,304
View Predictions

Some corrections regarding the "Game of Thrones" submissions...

GAME OF THRONES * Season 2 * HBO
Tape A: "What is Dead May Never Die" & "Garden of Bones"
Tape B: "The Old Gods and the New" & "A Man Without Honor"
Tape C: "Blackwater" & "Valar Morghulis"

Peter Dinklage - "Blackwater"    

http://awardsheaven.angelfire.com/tvhalloffame.htm
Visit my website about the TV Hall of Fame.

Jul 23rd 2012, 16:15
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMike_Ladue
Hi Mike_Ladue,

Total Topics: 2, Posts: 47
View Predictions
Complete 180! Love these submissions a lot more. iI you had any hand in this, Boomer, please nudge Lena Dunham to change hers too. Thanks for all of your updates.
Jul 23rd 2012, 16:33
Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineFNLFan89
Hi FNLFan89,

FNLFan89

Total Topics: 13, Posts: 1,045
View Predictions
Quote by Chris_Beachum

Some corrections regarding the "Game of Thrones" submissions...

GAME OF THRONES * Season 2 * HBO
Tape A: "What is Dead May Never Die" & "Garden of Bones"
Tape B: "The Old Gods and the New" & "A Man Without Honor"
Tape C: "Blackwater" & "Valar Morghulis"

Peter Dinklage - "Blackwater"    

Thank god, HBO came to their senses. If you, Boomer, or Tom, or any one of the GoldDerby editors managed to change HBO's minds, I would like to say THANK YOU.

Emmy 2014 FYC: Breaking Bad; Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad; Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones; Anna Gunn, Breaking Bad

Jul 23rd 2012, 17:02
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineFishbiscuit
Hi Fishbiscuit,

Fishbiscuit

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 1,064
View Predictions
As a fan of Christina Hendricks I'm begging her people to convince her to NOT submit "Mystery Date." "The Other Woman" is a much better showcase for Hendricks.

Harris submitted his best epiosode and could be a spoiler.   
China Beach has better episodes than Buffy and the Sopranos