Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Jul 24th 2012, 13:51
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTV12
Hi TV12,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

TV12

Total Topics: 54, Posts: 1,971
View Predictions
Despite the new lawsuit filed by the cast members this week, season 4 of ABC's hit show Modern Family is set to debut this fall Wednesdays at 9PM.

After it reaped 14 nominations on Thursday for it's 3rd season (45 total nominations over 3 seasons), TV Line talked with creators, writer, and executive producers Steve Levitan and Chris Lloyd.

From TV Line:
 The season premiere "is kind of picking up right where we left off, with Gloria's announcement to the audience that she’s pregnant," says Levitan. "Everybody, as you can imagine, has big reactions to this news, and the whole episode is about that."

Gloria, Lloyd elaborated, will be "gaining weight but not wanting to change any of her outfits, which is funny." Jay will be anxious, and Claire a little jealous. Mitch and Cam will be dealing with the contrast between their unsuccessful attempts to adopt a second child during the third season and Gloria's unintended pregnancy. The baby will be born about midway through the season.

In other storylines, Haley will remain involved in the show even though she's in college. "She stays in touch, and she visits home; it's kind of a typical first-year-in-college experience, in that she feels a little bit of loneliness and adjustment," according to Lloyd. She wants her family, but doesn't want her family." Cameron will be returning to teaching elementary school "to kind of fill his void a little bit." Lloyd also promised "another great Halloween episode."

...or nah?

Jul 24th 2012, 16:56
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

thesmartone

Total Topics: 167, Posts: 2,853
View Predictions
The thing that looks like it could really be great is Cam teaching Elementary school. Knowing the character, I think Eric Stonestreet could do wonders with that storyline.
Jul 25th 2012, 11:00
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineDuke Silver
Hi Duke Silver,

Duke Silver

Total Topics: 2, Posts: 519
View Predictions
This season will perhaps be worse then season 3. Going with the pregnancy story line just solidifies the fact that this show is going with the typical sitcom cliches. 

I really hope that this contract dispute both makes the show fall out of favor with the Emmy's, and causes some cast members to leave, thus destroying the show.  
Jul 25th 2012, 13:44
Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineoopschoice
Hi oopschoice,

Total Topics: 4, Posts: 908
View Predictions
The cast is back to work on Thursday.
Jul 25th 2012, 14:00
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTV12
Hi TV12,

TV12

View Predictions
Quote by ParksandRecFan
This season will perhaps be worse then season 3. Going with the pregnancy story line just solidifies the fact that this show is going with the typical sitcom cliches. 

I really hope that this contract dispute both makes the show fall out of favor with the Emmy's, and causes some cast members to leave, thus destroying the show.  

Jealousy that Nick Offerman didn't get nominated, Mr. "Duke Silver?" I think so. So an election arc is original? Wow, I didn't know that.

...or nah?

Jul 26th 2012, 05:14
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineFEDEclown
Hi FEDEclown,

FEDEclown

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 232
View Predictions
Today there will be the first table read of season 4! 
No, non riuscirai mai a capire cosa c'è scritto. Ma non importa.
Jul 27th 2012, 19:36
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineiskolar
Hi iskolar,

iskolar

Total Topics: 12, Posts: 1,080
View Predictions
Reports say Modern Family cast deals are COMPLETE. Lawsuit dropped.
Sep 9th 2012, 02:06
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineFEDEclown
Hi FEDEclown,

FEDEclown

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 232
View Predictions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlVd3iwkqTM&feature

Season 4 promo! With actual footage from the premiere episode!

Julie Bowen had me laughing so hard! "She's gonna get really fat" LOL 
No, non riuscirai mai a capire cosa c'è scritto. Ma non importa.
Sep 9th 2012, 09:19
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMaxwell Grey
Hi Maxwell Grey,

Maxwell Grey

Total Topics: 8, Posts: 408
^! That looks freaking awesome!!!
We found love in a hopeless place... and now we shine like a diamond.
Sep 26th 2012, 08:13
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinePsychadelicboy33
Hi Psychadelicboy33,

Psychadelicboy33

Total Topics: 3, Posts: 1,224
View Predictions

Episode 4x01: "Bringing Up Baby"

It's Jay's birthday and he doesn't want any surprises. Phil decides to take Jay fishing with some of his friends, and Gloria doesn't know how to tell Jay that she's pregnant. Meanwhile, Dylan becomes a temporary member of the Dunphy family by moving in, and Mitch and Cam consider adopting a cat.  
Sep 26th 2012, 08:25
Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineoopschoice
Hi oopschoice,

Total Topics: 4, Posts: 908
View Predictions
In an Entertainment Tonight interview, Eric Stonestreet felt bittersweet about his win since he wanted Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Ed O'Neill to finally win. So will he deliberately screw up his submission next year?

Anyway, I think one or two guys of Modern Family will be dropped next year. Only Stonestreert and Burrell are safe.
Sep 26th 2012, 19:00
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTV12
Hi TV12,

TV12

View Predictions
Season Premiere: "Bringing Up Baby"
-I thoroughly enjoyed this season's premiere, which I think is their best yet. Last season got off to a slow start but picked up near the end. It is good to see it continue that streak. It is clear that the show is moving into the 'arc' phase of its run, and I think it has lined up a pretty good one. Gloria's pregnancy was announced to the family and we get to see some great physical comedy from Ty and Ed. One of the best scenes was when Cam was talking aimlessly with the cat lady and in the background, Mitch was 'car-dancing' and the stuffed animals were performing a sexual act. It felt good to laugh with Modern Family, instead of at it like has been the case for a good year. I can say for a fact, and you can check with me next September, that Julie Bowen will continue to win the Emmy. She had some of her best material and this could end up being her submission (but she'll probably get even better stuff). When she's making the hangover cure for Haley, her reaction to her dad's reaction to her hair color change, and her fantastic line after learning of Gloria's bun in the oven, "You're gonna get really fat,"  all highlight why this woman is a genius of comedy. Yes, a genius of comedy. Just her facial expressions would push her past her competitors. Sorry, Sofia, you'll just have to live with your figure and your sexy accent, because you won't be getting an Emmy unless Julie moves to lead (which I can see happening).

Grade: A

...or nah?

Sep 26th 2012, 19:27
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

Total Topics: 122, Posts: 8,555
View Predictions
That was a fun premiere. The group's reactions to Gloria's pregnancy ranged about what I'd expect from everyone, from Manny's obsessing to Luke being grossed out to Claire's glee over Gloria getting fat. Jay's reaction was the one that surprised me the most in one of the episode's most moving moments. Loved Sofia Vergara all through the episode tonight. I think this just may be her season finally. The threads with Phil and Jay's friends "kidnapping" Jay was good for all the times Jay fell into the water. Poor homeless Dylan. LoL. It was great how Claire wouldn't budge an inch with letting Dylan stay longer or letting Phil keep his new beard (and a fine beard at that!). I've been wondering how they'll keep Haley and Dylan around and how much we would see of them this season. Mitchell and Cameron's scenes with the cat adoption hit just the right marks, and then the stuffed animals doing the obscene gestures on top of the car. Funny material for the both of them, especially Cam's blow-up at the adoption lady. The time jump at the end was weirdly done though. I expected the show to milk Gloria's pregnancy storyline until May, but with the looks of things, this baby could come around by Christmas. The show needs a little shake-up anyway, so maybe it's better that they're not dwelling on this for too long and will be on to something else by mid-season or so. Nice start to the season, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for them this season.

Grade for "Bringing Up Baby": B+ 

Sep 26th 2012, 19:35
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMaxwell Grey
Hi Maxwell Grey,

Maxwell Grey

Total Topics: 8, Posts: 408
A. Another directing win for Modern Family? And possible writting nomination? I love this cast. There's truly no weak links.
We found love in a hopeless place... and now we shine like a diamond.
Sep 26th 2012, 20:20
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineGraeme O'Neil
Hi Graeme O'Neil,

Graeme O'Neil

Total Topics: 21, Posts: 2,320
View Predictions
Quote by tuckerv
Season Premiere: "Bringing Up Baby"
I can say for a fact, and you can check with me next September, that Julie Bowen will continue to win the Emmy. She had some of her best material and this could end up being her submission (but she'll probably get even better stuff). When she's making the hangover cure for Haley, her reaction to her dad's reaction to her hair color change, and her fantastic line after learning of Gloria's bun in the oven, "You're gonna get really fat,"  all highlight why this woman is a genius of comedy. Yes, a genius of comedy. Just her facial expressions would push her past her competitors.

Best moment of the episode. Yes, very solid beginning to the season, but Bowen's line reading of "you're gonna get fat" had me howling for minutes. It reminds me of all of Kristen Wiig's moments in "Knocked Up". Quoting any of the lines really isn't that funny. It's all about Wiig's delivery of those lines, and the same is true for Bowen here on that line reading. Her facial expression was just killer. She didn't in any way actually smile, but it was all in her eyes and the annunciation she put on the words. Absolutely hilarious.

It's not a submission of her. This isn't a strong submission for O'Neill but for that final moment when he finds out Gloria is pregnant at least puts it on his list of possible submissions.

I love how this show sets up a joke and you just know there's gonna be a payoff eventually, hence Mitchell making the car dance. It was a random moment with Lily and I thought originally that he was going to hit Cam with the car, but when he didn't I thought "what was the point of that?". I should have known. Just wait...just wait. Hilarious.

The jump forward was an interesting device but it didn't work for the main fact of Dylan. We see Claire refusing to let him move in, then we jump forward and apparently he HAS been living in the house, and now Claire is kicking him out? So what was the point of saying that he had moved in if we never see it? I think it's actually stupid writing that Claire would ever cave to have Dylan move in. Really? She would never agree to that. But in reality, in what we see in the show, she never does. She only does offscreen. So I don't get why the writers even decided to put that plot point in that he was living with the Dunphys.

Anyways, a solid premiere. Not a series submission, but a fun beginning. It certainly made its presence known that it's not gonna lay down and not go for a 4th Series win. 
www.graemeoneil.com
Reviews, opinions, latest music videos! Check it out, and follow me on Facebook and Twitter for exclusive giveaways!