Notification Tool : What Happened to Ellen Page????
Follow what's new with:
What Happened to Ellen Page????
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Aug 8th 2012, 16:00
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

thesmartone

Total Topics: 167, Posts: 2,896
View Predictions
What happened to her? I think she was 3rd to win Best Actress back in 2007 (behind Cotillard and Julie Christie). Since then, I only remember her being in Whip It! and Inception.

What happened to her? Any projects coming up that could put her back in the Oscar race anytime soon? She looked very promising in Juno.
Aug 8th 2012, 16:23
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Boidiva02

Total Topics: 114, Posts: 2,303
View Predictions
She has worked steadily since then; but in a lot of smaller films.

She did Smart People in 2008, Whip It in 2009, a movie called Peacock in 2010 that co-starred Susan Sarandon. She also was in a movie called Super in 2010, as well as Inception.    She has "To Rome with Love" coming out this year as well as a film called The East for next year that co-stars Patricia Clarkson, Alexander Skarsgard and somebodyc alled Brittany Marling.   

I wouldn't say she's vanished or anything, she's just being careful with her choices.  

“In the end, we won’t remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”- Martin Luther King Jr.

Aug 8th 2012, 16:59
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineiskolar
Hi iskolar,

iskolar

Total Topics: 12, Posts: 1,080
View Predictions
I think she's still doing works one after the other, though most projects are just under the radar.
Aug 8th 2012, 17:14
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

Total Topics: 99, Posts: 10,711
View Predictions
This thread looks familiar. I'll say again that Ellen Page hasnt gone anywhere. She's where she wants to be, and I'm confident that we'll be hearing about her this year, and the next.

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White

Aug 8th 2012, 22:27
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineCarbon Based Lifeform
Hi Carbon Based Lifeform,

Carbon Based Lifeform

Total Topics: 14, Posts: 3,101
View Predictions
I promise I won't get started on how much I loathe JUNO. And Page was totally miscast in INCEPTION. And from the trailer, it looks to me like she was also totally miscast in TO ROME WITH LOVE. So there's your answer.

Aug 9th 2012, 01:21
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineVincelette
Hi Vincelette,

Vincelette

Total Topics: 36, Posts: 1,735
View Predictions
She did a good work in her latest movies ("Smart People" "Whip It"), but these movies are almost all independent or to small for the Academy.
In "Inception" the problem mainly was that Marion Cotillard stole the show over her.

Aug 9th 2012, 17:36
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineNovic
Hi Novic,

Novic

Total Topics: 3, Posts: 328
View Predictions
Yeah, Ellen Page did not fit in with the cast of "Inception." She seemed really out of place and it had nothing to do with Marion Cotillard.

She seems to be taking a more alternative route. She's currently the lead for a very buzzy, promising motion capture video game. It's weird how video games have been a viable career path for actors and other crafts people. She has been taking mostly supporting roles. I quite enjoyed her opposite Rainn Wilson in "Super." I really hope she gets more roles like in "Juno" and "Hard Candy," where she created outstanding memorable characters. She has a lot of promise and I hope she gets some good meaty roles in the future.