Never miss important news and predictions on Oscars, Golden Globes, Grammys, Emmys and your fave reality TV shows.
facebookLike twitterFollow
pop up close

Notification Tool : The Voice Season 3
Follow what's new with:
The Voice Season 3
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Sep 6th 2012, 12:32

Rating: 0/5
(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineIrishmovielover4ever
Hi Irishmovielover4ever,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Irishmovielover4ever

Total Topics: 97, Posts: 3,351
View Predictions
My favourite of all the singing reality shows because of how different it is at times. It was so good it knocked out American Idol to the nomination and maybe could win. This is the second season of the year and I'm excited. Is anyone else?
Sep 6th 2012, 13:50

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineCineking
Hi Cineking,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 3, Posts: 68
View Predictions
Yes, I am. I hope it keeps more sucessful than The X-Factor, because I really don't see anything interesting on a show that laughs over untalented people.
Sep 6th 2012, 13:53

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineIrishmovielover4ever
Hi Irishmovielover4ever,

Irishmovielover4ever

Total Topics: 97, Posts: 3,351
View Predictions
Quote by Cineking
Yes, I am. I hope it keeps more sucessful than The X-Factor, because I really don't see anything interesting on a show that laughs over untalented people.

With the emmy nomination and the fact in aired in spring (Also X Factor wasn't that big a hit) as well I think The Voice gets no bad singers making most audiences not cringe.
Sep 6th 2012, 17:45

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineiskolar
Hi iskolar,

iskolar

Total Topics: 12, Posts: 1,080
View Predictions
Simon Cowell is already throwing stones at the Voice because it extended its pilot week with three episodes meaning the third episode will go head to head with X-Factor's season opener. And you know how much Simon brags about his ratings right? So yes, he's worried and he's calling foul.
Sep 10th 2012, 08:19

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

Total Topics: 123, Posts: 8,792
View Predictions
Episode Title: "Blind Auditions Premiere"

Synopsis: Season three opens with the eye-opening blind auditions; Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton return as the celebrity coaches.

Discuss.

Sep 10th 2012, 09:25

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineSpenser Davis
Hi Spenser Davis,

Spenser Davis

Total Topics: 14, Posts: 1,344
View Predictions
The Voice has, in a television landscape full of singing competitions, taken a tired format, injected it with some energy, and somehow sells itself as a fresher concept than it really should be. I love that none of the talent is "bad," per se, and that the Voice judges (and audience) aren't subjected to shrieking old woman or William Hung's little brother. Simon Cowell clearly thought that he could pick up his Idol floorplan, apply it to X Factor, and make bank. He was wrong. Which is why this show has the Emmy nomination, and Simon's doesn't.

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm still skeptical about them having a show in the fall and in the spring (too much of a good thing can be overkill), but for now, I'm really looking forward to it. The series is really finding its footing.
Here lies Spenser Davis. He'll miss bacon most of all.
Sep 10th 2012, 10:53

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
online24Emmy
Hi 24Emmy,

24Emmy

Total Topics: 180, Posts: 5,156
View Predictions
The coaches have great chemistry and the blind auditions and battle rounds are fun, but once the show reaches the elimination rounds I lose interest.

"Thank you. Oh man. This might be the one time I'm speechless." -- Robin Williams (RIP)

Sep 10th 2012, 11:06

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

View Predictions
You lose interest as the winner is being determined? That's odd. That's when I'm most invested in the show's outcome. But I'd agree that on a suspense level alone, the blind auditions top the rest of the show phases. This year they're implementing the coaches' "steal." so that might be fun to see take shape in the battle rounds.

Sep 10th 2012, 13:10

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineoutsider
Hi outsider,

Total Topics: 27, Posts: 1,588
View Predictions
Quote by 24Emmy
The coaches have great chemistry and the blind auditions and battle rounds are fun, but once the show reaches the elimination rounds I lose interest.

That's interesting because the ratings suggest that many people share your feelings. "The Voice" audience declines once the show reaches the elimination rounds. That's when the show becomes just another singing competition, a copy of similar shows currently on the air. It does better in the beginning of the season because its format is different and some aspects (blind auditions, the chairs) set it apart from the competition.
Sep 10th 2012, 17:30

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

View Predictions
Okay, this yodeling girl's kind of awesome. BLIND AUDITIONS!

Sep 10th 2012, 17:52

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBenitoDelicias
Hi BenitoDelicias,

BenitoDelicias

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 2,183
View Predictions
Quote by 24Emmy

I totally agree with this. My problem for both seasons has been that the finalists have been extremely underwhelming and last season's winner and Chris Mann were extremely boring. I was rooting for the girl whose name I already forgot (I want to say Juliet) and Tony Lucca, for Mickey Mouse Club reasons. 

This is a show that has never been about the contestans (they come and go pretty fast during the season) and has been about the judges. Add in the fact that auditions are always the best part of any singing competition, plus the blind factor and you can understand why anybody would loose interest as the season ends.

Horrible as it has become, I still prefer Idol. 
Sep 10th 2012, 18:03

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

View Predictions
Well, for me, getting to the finals is just as exciting as blind audiitions. Maybe it was just the strength of the final four that did that. Only caring about the blind auditions is like only caring about one-third of a movie.

Sep 10th 2012, 18:32

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinest_jimmy
Hi st_jimmy,

Total Topics: 7, Posts: 470
View Predictions
^I get what you're saying, but I'm also one who has never watched until the end of The Voice. There's just too much of an over exposure of singing contestants. I watched Idol every year up until this past one and have caught various singing competitions along the way--America has sat through thousands of auditions and contestants. It simply takes much more now a days to me to be interesting and memorable. It's just more difficult to get invested. 
Sep 10th 2012, 18:36

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinest_jimmy
Hi st_jimmy,

Total Topics: 7, Posts: 470
View Predictions
On a different note, anyone else find the breathing annoying of the guy who just did All American Rejects? 
Sep 10th 2012, 18:58

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

View Predictions
This "Listen" guy! That might have been better than Melanie Amaro's version. Not might, is.