Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Sep 11th 2012, 06:46
Hide Post    
offlineTerenceAlfonsoAng
Hi TerenceAlfonsoAng,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 20, Posts: 267
View Predictions
Does network television finally have another chance at the EMMYs?

Just watched the pilot!!! AWESOME!!! ACTION PACKED!!! Braugher for lead actor?? Hmm...

S01E01 - Captain = A- 
Sep 11th 2012, 09:49
Hide Post    
offlineA Person
Hi A Person,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 12, Posts: 1,555
View Predictions
Braugher has a very good chance for Lead Actor, he's an Emmy darling and the role seems great.  Bumping Michael C. Hall out of the lineup shouldn't be too hard.
Sep 11th 2012, 11:05
Hide Post    
offlineRenaton
Hi Renaton,

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 7,450
View Predictions

This pilot was very exciting to watch. It isn't perfect, as there is some clunky exposition, and the elements and characters outside the submarine crew are presented somewhat rushed (if they had the change to do a two part pilot like "Lost", it would've been ideal). But nonetheless, the tension just keeps on building on the episode. From the moment they get the orders they question, the suspense keeps amping up, all leading up to the that speech Andre Braugher gives on the end. This show is all about extreme measures, crazy actions, and people taking a stand. They are so many different power conflicts (US/Paquistan, the crew and people from the island and its Nato Station, internal hierarchy problems), you can't help but to get hooked and want to see where this show goes with them. 

And Captain Chaplin (once again, Andre Braugher) has serious potential to become a significant television character. In the pilot at least, they found the perfect balance between him being a decent guy and do whatever it takes to be in command of the situation. Plus, with all those thrilling sequences and escalating tension with great character right at the start, I have a hard time believing any network pilot will top this, and think this probably the show with most potential I've seen so far this year.

Sep 11th 2012, 18:54
Hide Post    
offlineFishBiscuit
Hi FishBiscuit,

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 1,019
View Predictions
I'm looking forward to seeing this.  I dont see how it will last past a couple seasons but I wont worry about that now. 
Sep 11th 2012, 20:43
Hide Post    
offlineBenitoDelicias
Hi BenitoDelicias,

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 1,975
View Predictions
I find it a bit crazy that Andre Braugher has been the lead on 5 different shows (one with the miniseries fraud) since 1998 when he left Homicide. Gideon's Crossing, Hack, Thief, Men of a Certain Age and now Last Resort. Not everybody gets to do that, and of course he's such a great, beloved actor that he even gets four nominations and an Emmy win out of them.

This was an ok Pilot. While it's true that the tension did build up to a point where it was a tiny bit exciting, I don't know how much into it people will be since it has a lot of those boring, we're already cancelled elements, starting with the cast.

There's a huge "what happened?" element to this show but since it wasn't so amazingly dumb and obvious as every J.J Abrams show after Lost and its wannabes, I'll give it another shot. The minute the misile thing started and that video Chaplin shot at the end (that could've been made to look bit more mad and crazy), I was into it.

That happened in the last 10 minutes, the first 34 are boring as hell, I kept thinking that this is what it must feel to watch NCIS. So we'll see where it goes. 

I already have issues with the hot army guy and the token black rebel that thinks he owns the place. Very cliche... 
Sep 11th 2012, 21:43
Hide Post    
offlineRenaton
Hi Renaton,

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 7,450
View Predictions
I actually agree somewhat, in that I think the pilot does take a bit to get really exciting, but the whole questioning the orders is a nice build up, and from the moment the submarine is hit this becomes really great. I do think it's could either get much worse or much better right away.
Sep 27th 2012, 21:59
Hide Post    
offlineCobalt Blue
Hi Cobalt Blue,

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 287
View Predictions
I thought it was a damn fine pilot.   You do have to muscle your way past some exposition, but there are good thrills and good acting here, especially Braugher (of course).  But, it seems that the pilot will be a tough act to follow.   These guys chillin' on the island can't be as exciting as subs getting shot at, being ordered to launch nukes, mutinies happening, war erupting around you..    We'll see where it goes though.

Sep 28th 2012, 03:38
Hide Post    
offlineIrishmovielover4ever
Hi Irishmovielover4ever,

Total Topics: 94, Posts: 3,119
View Predictions
Here is my review of the pilot. Ok and no where near the best new drama of the year.
Sep 28th 2012, 09:24
Hide Post    
offlinekristie-k
Hi kristie-k,

Total Topics: 2, Posts: 60
View Predictions
Loved Braugher, can't wait until next weekShoot
Sep 28th 2012, 18:42
Hide Post    
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,

Total Topics: 161, Posts: 2,810
View Predictions
I still have to watch The Mob Doctor, but so far this is the best pilot I have seen from a television series in years. I am not usually a fan of Andre Braugher, but he was amazing in this. Scott Speedsman was also amazing. I hope this goes very far, because this was simply fantastic. But I do have a bit of hesitation. ABC shows set  on the Thursday 8pm timeslot usually don't last a full season.

Last Resort premiered with 9.31 million viewers, and a 2.2 18-49 rating. It is worth noting that The X-Factor had 9.39 million viewers. I would say not bad for Last Resort.
Sep 28th 2012, 18:58
Hide Post    
offlineFNLFan89
Hi FNLFan89,

Total Topics: 13, Posts: 975
View Predictions
The 8pm slot that Last Resort occupies is known as the Thursday ABC death slot. FlashForward, My Generation, The Deep End, Charlie's Angels, and Missing all started there and either failed to make it to 13 episodes or to a 2nd season. And the 2.2 18-49 demo rating is similar to what Charlie's Angels got last year, and the latter was cancelled in a few episodes. I don't see the number going up. Whern a show is competing against The Big Bang Theory (now 2nd only to Modern Family for ALL scripted shows in the 18-49 demo), Two and a Half Men, and The X-Factor, you're not going to win. I predict this show will not last very long. 

Emmy 2014 FYC: Breaking Bad; Game of Thrones; Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad; Anna Gunn, Breaking Bad

Sep 28th 2012, 22:24
Hide Post    
onlineSxECanadianFanSxE
Hi SxECanadianFanSxE,

Total Topics: 13, Posts: 2,078
View Predictions
B+ pilot.

It shows immense promise and potential but it suffered from having to cram too much plot into one episode. Like someone said above, there was some clunky exposition and a few unrealistic lines of dialogue that were only said so they could be edited into a trailer. I hope this show survives.
It's not a comedy, but Shameless deserves Emmy nominations for series, lead actress (Emmy Rossum), lead actor (William H. Macy), supporting actor (Noel Fisher) and guest actress (Emily Bergl + Joan Cusack). 
Sep 29th 2012, 04:29
Hide Post    
onlinethedemonhog
Hi thedemonhog,

Total Topics: 25, Posts: 4,560
View Predictions
Quote by ScottMcCulloch
I thought it was a damn fine pilot.   You do have to muscle your way past some exposition, but there are good thrills and good acting here, especially Braugher (of course).  But, it seems that the pilot will be a tough act to follow.   These guys chillin' on the island can't be as exciting as subs getting shot at, being ordered to launch nukes, mutinies happening, war erupting around you..   We'll see where it goes though.
That sums it up for me.  Given the low ratings for the show, as well as the state of ABC and the acclaim, I think that I will be around for the entirety of its thirteen-episode run.
"Drama is life with the dull parts left out." — Alfred Hitchcock
Sep 29th 2012, 08:07
Hide Post    
offlineTV12
Hi TV12,

Total Topics: 54, Posts: 1,949
View Predictions
I loved the pilot and in my opinion it is the best new show so far on broadcast (but Nashville will probably be better). However, the ratings are not at all promising and I see it being cancelled after 13 episodes. However, I then see it being submitted in the miniseries races and Andre Braugher will earn yet another nomination and maybe a win. They did it with Missing and this is even better.

Grammys 2014 FYC: Lil' B

Sep 29th 2012, 10:02
Hide Post    
offlineDenis
Hi Denis,

Total Topics: 25, Posts: 2,781
View Predictions
That was a very good pilot, I wonder if it was on HBO or AMC or other cable like showtime, it could've pair great with Homeland but what you gonna do.... anyway, liked it a lot, I give it an A-, some very good actors on that show.
You are my very favorite thing. - Walter Bishop