Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Oct 7th 2012, 16:21
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

thesmartone

Total Topics: 167, Posts: 2,853
View Predictions
Discuss all Comedy Categories concerning the 2013 Emmy Awards in this thread.
Oct 7th 2012, 16:47
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

thesmartone

View Predictions
Glee is doing much better this season, in my opinion. I was not going to watch this series at all anymore, but then I read all of the positive reaction from the season premiere, as well as the positive feedback from all of my friends, that I watched the premiere, and loved it. This feels like the Glee that I watched in season 1. Lea Michele is also alot better this season. Her character is not annoying the hell out of me like it was in season 3, and I think she is just one great performance episode away from a deserved Emmy nomination.

I am also loving Michael Urie's performance in the new CBS comedy Partners. The pilot was an excellent episode for him performance wise, and the second episode was great too. While the show is not great, his performance is really great. However, with the horrible rating this show is getting (barely 6 million viewers for the premiere, and just over 5 million for the second episode), I dont expect this show to be around much longer.

A show that, for a reason I just cannot explain, that I am really liking is The Neighbors. I am a big fan of Jami Gertz (always believed she deserved an Emmy for the Lifetime movie "Fighting the Odds: The Marilyn Gambrell Story), but her performance is nothing to brag about in this series. I usually hate series about aliens, and things from outer space, but there is just something about this series that I like. No one has a truly great performance, but all of the characters together is really great.

I'm also loving Go On, and Matthew Perry is really great in this series. This is the first show I have seen him in since Friends where he deserves an Emmy nomination for it, but this is it. The pilot was a great episode for him, and I have the rest of the episodes that have aired so far saved on my DVR. A great series for him, and a great one for NBC to have.
Oct 7th 2012, 16:58
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineLaactingnyc
Hi Laactingnyc ,

Laactingnyc

Total Topics: 90, Posts: 3,447
View Predictions
I'm probably the only person who thinks that AD won't do as well as expected.
For your Emmy Consideration

Drama Series ~ Game of Thrones

Comedy Series ~ Veep  
Oct 7th 2012, 17:18
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMax 2.0
Hi Max 2.0,

Max 2.0

Total Topics: 6, Posts: 2,340
View Predictions
Quote by thesmartone
Glee is doing much better this season, in my opinion. I was not going to watch this series at all anymore, but then I read all of the positive reaction from the season premiere, as well as the positive feedback from all of my friends, that I watched the premiere, and loved it. This feels like the Glee that I watched in season 1. Lea Michele is also alot better this season. Her character is not annoying the hell out of me like it was in season 3, and I think she is just one great performance episode away from a deserved Emmy nomination.

I completly agree. Lea Michele has really grown as an actress, and I think she might be the most deserving from the cast (sorry Chris Colfer and Jane Lynch). And as for the show's quality overall, it has improved tremendously, as compered to season 3 which was  simply weak and not very entertaining.
"I don't need to be on top to know I'm worth it, because I'm strong enough to know the truth. I just want it to be hot, because I'm best when I'm in love, and I'm in love with you."
Oct 7th 2012, 17:20
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinePaulV
Hi PaulV,

PaulV

Total Topics: 7, Posts: 240
View Predictions
In writing Episodes Season 2, Episode 3 should be a lock for a Writing Nom for sure.
Oct 7th 2012, 17:34
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineGambit
Hi Gambit,

Gambit

Total Topics: 7, Posts: 145
View Predictions
Glee getting nominated. Never again.

Let's just hope people take notice of Arrested Development because no one wants Modern Family to win 4 in a row.
Oct 7th 2012, 18:03
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineLaactingnyc
Hi Laactingnyc ,

Laactingnyc

Total Topics: 90, Posts: 3,447
View Predictions
Glee will not make a comeback. ( maybe Colfer or Lynch but i highly doubt it )
For your Emmy Consideration

Drama Series ~ Game of Thrones

Comedy Series ~ Veep  
Oct 7th 2012, 18:07
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMax 2.0
Hi Max 2.0,

Max 2.0

View Predictions
If the Globes nominated Glee for its 3rd mediocre, horrible, weak ass, season... I think they might comeback for a MUCH deserving 4rd season!
"I don't need to be on top to know I'm worth it, because I'm strong enough to know the truth. I just want it to be hot, because I'm best when I'm in love, and I'm in love with you."
Oct 7th 2012, 19:57
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineSxECanadianFanSxE
Hi SxECanadianFanSxE,

SxECanadianFanSxE

Total Topics: 16, Posts: 2,557
View Predictions
..at the Globes.

But certainly not the Emmy's... 
Comedy winners by tape: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Ricky Gervais, Kate Mulgrew, Tony Hale
Drama winners by tape: Bryan Cranston, Claire Danes, Peter Dinklage & Aaron Paul (TIE), Anna Gunn
Oct 7th 2012, 20:22
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineA Person
Hi A Person,

A Person

Total Topics: 12, Posts: 1,556
View Predictions
I haven't been watching Glee so I can't judge it's quality, but it is not coming back.  It's buzz is gone and ratings are way down.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled after this season.
Oct 7th 2012, 20:28
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMax 2.0
Hi Max 2.0,

Max 2.0

View Predictions
^I thought it might be cancelled too, but apparently it still manages a 2.5 demo & Fox doesn't have too many shows that can manage that...
Oct 7th 2012, 20:51
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinest_jimmy
Hi st_jimmy,

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 448
View Predictions
Modern Family could do this four years in a row. If a new comedy doesn't break out this year, the only show stopping it is Arressted Development. I don't think any other current show with a realistic chance of being nominated will take down Modern Family if it hasn't already. 
Oct 7th 2012, 20:59
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineA Person
Hi A Person,

A Person

Total Topics: 12, Posts: 1,556
View Predictions
I honestly don't see what stops Modern Family this year.  AD will have a tough time living up to expectations, Girls skews too young, 30 Rock is old news, Big Bang Theory is popular but doesn't have the critical support, and none of the new shows have the heat.  2014 will be when it gets taken down I think, either by the Michael J. Fox show or by the Charlie Kaufman HBO show. 
Oct 7th 2012, 21:37
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMacbeth
Hi Macbeth ,

Macbeth

Total Topics: 172, Posts: 1,862
View Predictions
Glee will make a comeback. I'm not a huge fan (I am a casual viewer) but Season 4 is as good as the first, where it was basically Modern Family vs. Glee for Outstanding Comedy Series

I will resent it if Modern Family wins again. I just hope Girls doesn't win. Anything else, I will be pleased.
my blog: www.moviesunchained.wordpress.com

Oct 7th 2012, 22:00
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,

thesmartone

View Predictions
I'm sorry, but if Desperate Housewives couldn't come back for Season 3 or Season 7 or 8, Glee is not coming back. I also don't think Glee deserves to come back as a comedy series nominee. I just think Lea Michele is one powerhouse performance episode away from a DESERVING Emmy nod, but I also don't think she will ever be nominated again.