Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Oct 7th 2012, 16:22
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

thesmartone

Total Topics: 167, Posts: 2,849
View Predictions
Discuss all of the Drama Categories concerning the 2013 Emmy Awards in this thread.
Oct 7th 2012, 16:36
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

thesmartone

View Predictions
I absolutely love Elementary and Last Resort. Andre Braugher is simply fantastic in Last Resort, and if the show continues to do this good, and ABC keeps it around, we could hear his name called for Drama Lead Actor next year at the Emmy's.

I am loving Jonny Lee Miller's performance in Elementary. The pilot was an Emmy worthy episode for him, and he was great in the second episode as well. This show is by far my favorite new show of the season. I hope the writers give Lucy Liu a great episode, performance wise, soon, because she is great, but its obvious she is not keeping up with the performance of Jonny Lee Miller.

Vegas, however, is not doing as well as I hoped it would be. I hated the pilot (I literally fell asleep during the pilot, and I was watching it at 3 in the afternoon thanks to DVR). I didn't even bother watching the second episode.

I know it isnt on network TV, but I am also loving Major Crimes, though it is no where near how good The Closer was. Mary McDonnell is no doubt going to have to have a great episode to manage a deserved nomination. My favorite character on this show, surprisingly, is Graham Patrick Martin. He is the best thing performance wise about this series, and he kills it every episode. I didn't think I would appreciate or like a performance from a teenager this much until I saw this series.
Oct 8th 2012, 07:51
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTerenceAlfonsoAng
Hi TerenceAlfonsoAng,

Total Topics: 20, Posts: 267
View Predictions
Im not feeling Elementary and Miller's performance. Of all of these network shows, i think Braugher has the best and only chance at the EMMYS. Still all cable people!!!

My predictions are still Buscemi, Cranston, Daniels, Grammer, Hamm and Lewis for lead actor.
Oct 8th 2012, 07:53
Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineGabriel
Hi Gabriel,

Total Topics: 2, Posts: 2,334
View Predictions
Homeland is so gonna be a perpetual nominee each year. Expect Danes and the Series to WIN again next year.
Oct 8th 2012, 08:14
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTom_Scavo
Hi Tom_Scavo,

Tom_Scavo

Total Topics: 22, Posts: 770
View Predictions
The Good Wife is Parks and Rec of the Drama race... I so hope it can get in again next year...
TGW
Oct 8th 2012, 09:08
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTerenceAlfonsoAng
Hi TerenceAlfonsoAng,

View Predictions
Quote by Aurel_Graf
The Good Wife is Parks and Rec of the Drama race... I so hope it can get in again next year...

Me too!!! Game of Thrones or Boardwalk shouldnt be in there!!! 

How long can Homeland pull this off?? Hopefully they have an endgame in sight for this...4 seasons, maybe?
Oct 8th 2012, 09:10
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTerenceAlfonsoAng
Hi TerenceAlfonsoAng,

View Predictions
Quote by kt1990
Homeland is so gonna be a perpetual nominee each year. Expect Danes and the Series to WIN again next year.

That will depend mostly on the season finale...even if episodes 1 til 11 is great, but the end wasn't, there will be a backlash and they wont win again, ever.....people are stupid that way.... 
Oct 8th 2012, 19:19
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,

thesmartone

View Predictions
I wouldn't be so sure about Danes winning again next  year. The Drama Actress category does not give out alot of repeat CONSECUTIVE wins. In fact, since 1996, only one woman has won the award two years in a row, and that was Glenn Close in 2008 and  2009.

The winners after 1996 were:

1997: Gillian Anderson - The X-Files
1998: Christine Lahti - Chicago Hope
1999: Edie Falco - The Sopranos
2000: Sela Ward - Once and Again
2001: Edie Falco - The Sopranos
2002: Allison Janney  -  The West Wing
2003: Edie Falco - The Sopranos
2004: Allison Janney - The West Wing
2005: Patricia Arquette - Medium
2006: Mariska Hargitay - Law & Order: SVU
2007: Sally Field - Brothers & Sisters
2008: Glenn Close - Damages
2009: Glenn Close - Damages
2010: Kyra Sedgwick - The Closer
2011: Julianna Margulies - The Good Wife
2012: Claire Danes - Homeland
Oct 8th 2012, 19:32
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMax 2.0
Hi Max 2.0,

Max 2.0

Total Topics: 6, Posts: 2,340
View Predictions
IMO, Danes is the best actress or actor working on TV currently. (Sorry Bryan Cranston, Damian Lewis, Julliana Margulies.)
"I don't need to be on top to know I'm worth it, because I'm strong enough to know the truth. I just want it to be hot, because I'm best when I'm in love, and I'm in love with you."
Oct 8th 2012, 21:39
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineCobalt Blue
Hi Cobalt Blue,

Cobalt Blue

Total Topics: 6, Posts: 327
View Predictions
Even given the track record for the award, I've got Claire locked in as the repeat winner right now.   She's too good, can't be denied.
Oct 8th 2012, 21:49
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineRenaton
Hi Renaton,

Renaton

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 7,495
View Predictions
Who is gonna beat Claire Danes? Connie Britton in an ABC soap? Na-ah. Danes has the kind of character that is both awards bait and an instant reference for comparison in impact. Seriously. For the next few years, many characters and performances are gonna be comapred to Carrie Matheson. Unless someone completely unexpected shows up with a even more relevant show and character, she won't lose. Trends aren't the only thing that matters. 
Oct 8th 2012, 22:41
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineWaltEagle
Hi WaltEagle,

WaltEagle

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 266
View Predictions
Elisabeth Moss with the right episode, if she's even still a lead, is somebody they could award instead of Danes.  It's unlikely but more possible than basically anything else.

Oct 9th 2012, 01:38
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineiveriver
Hi iveriver,

iveriver

Total Topics: 3, Posts: 176
View Predictions
Quote by Max200
IMO, Danes is the best actress or actor working on TV currently. (Sorry Bryan Cranston, Damian Lewis, Julliana Margulies.)

She's got an Emmy in Drama and an Emmy in Miniseries/TV Movie. It's not hard to believe, down the line, that she could clinch an Emmy for a role in a comedic series (because she's that good, IMO).

I've got Danes pegged for a repeat win next year.

Anyways, I have my fingers crossed that Maggie Smith does NOT repeat next year. 
Oct 9th 2012, 03:21
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinejjjmoss
Hi jjjmoss,

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 1,542
View Predictions
Drama Actor voters from 96-11 were obsessed with repeat actor wins; 96-99 had a 3x winner, 00-03 had a 3x winner, 04-07 had a 3x winner, 08-11 had a 3x winner. In the same period we've had just Falco on the actress side, but perhaps the tide has shifted over and we'll see a string of dominant actresses and more turnover for the actors.

I mean, historically 6 female roles have won 3+ times, and 6 male roles. So it used to be the female category that was uber-repeat happy. Maybe it will be again.
TCA Winner Tatiana Maslany, Globe Winner Elisabeth Moss, Kiernan Shipka, Lizzy Caplan, Matt Bomer
James Spader, Jon Hamm, Sophie Turner, Jordan Gavaris, Sofia Vergara (T10 contenders)
Oct 14th 2012, 15:51
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineSamantha
Hi Samantha,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 2
View Predictions
It's been so long since I posted that the forums changed and I had to re-register! I'm from the UK and we are currently in season 3 of Downton. Tonight's was episode 5 and I'd say Maggie Smith has definitely got her Emmy tape (or at least one of 2 episodes she will submits?) Love Maggie on Downton but I wanted Christina Hendricks or Anna Gunn to win this year. I think however, Maggie was excellent tonight. If she's nominated again she will be in the running for sure.