Never miss important news and predictions on Oscars, Golden Globes, Grammys, Emmys and your fave reality TV shows.
facebookLike twitterFollow
pop up close

Notification Tool : Best Supporting Actress Discussion Thread
Follow what's new with:
Best Supporting Actress Discussion Thread
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Nov 4th 2012, 15:05

Rating: 0/5
(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offline24Emmy
Hi 24Emmy,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

24Emmy

Total Topics: 182, Posts: 5,204
View Predictions
Amy Adams, The Master
Sally Field, Lincoln
Anne Hathaway, Les Miserables
Helen Hunt, The Sessions
Maggie Smith, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

and the Oscar goes to . . . Sally Field, Lincoln

*standing ovation*

This is Sally Field's third Academy Award out of three nominations. She previously won for her lead roles in Norma Rae and Places in the Heart.

"Thank you. Oh man. This might be the one time I'm speechless." -- Robin Williams (RIP)

Nov 4th 2012, 15:30

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMax 2.0
Hi Max 2.0,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Max 2.0

Total Topics: 6, Posts: 2,340
View Predictions
Mmmm.... I say we wait until we see Anne Hathaway's performance. I mean, how hard is tu pull a 3 out of 3?
"I don't need to be on top to know I'm worth it, because I'm strong enough to know the truth. I just want it to be hot, because I'm best when I'm in love, and I'm in love with you."
Nov 4th 2012, 15:44

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinetheproblemdog
Hi theproblemdog,

theproblemdog

Total Topics: 7, Posts: 315
View Predictions
I'm also waiting to see the performances of HBC and Samantha Barks in Les Mis. I don't think either can win this year, but it's possible that one or both could be nominated along side Hathaway. Which one do you think is more likely?
"You're the smartest and the dumbest fuckin person I've ever known."
Nov 4th 2012, 15:46

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineLaactingnyc
Hi Laactingnyc ,

Laactingnyc

Total Topics: 90, Posts: 3,577
View Predictions
I really liked Maggie's and Amy's performance! I can't wait to see lincoln, the sessions, and Les Miserables
Nov 4th 2012, 16:00

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinefigure8
Hi figure8,

figure8

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 515
View Predictions
Judi Dench - Skyfall. Very unlikely i know, but she stole the show so just throwing it in there.
Nov 4th 2012, 16:06

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJOSE
Hi JOSE,

Total Topics: 2, Posts: 645
View Predictions
I was thinking about Dench too. She has not been nominated for a while... so she might get it. She is brilliant there... and she might get the Brittish blocking vote ala Gary Oldman last year...

I for 

JOSE

Nov 4th 2012, 16:07

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJOSE
Hi JOSE,

Total Topics: 2, Posts: 645
View Predictions
I was thinking about Dench too. She has not been nominated for a while... so she might get it. She is brilliant there... and she might get the Brittish blocking vote ala Gary Oldman last year...

I forgot that Dame Smith is also there... pity...

JOSE

Nov 4th 2012, 16:28

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

Total Topics: 100, Posts: 10,855
View Predictions
figure8 and Jose

I'd LOVE to see this happen. It's Dame Judi Dench afterall, one of the best working actors on the planet (imo). Plus, "M" is an intelligent, devious, capable woman.

I dont know if any of the performances can overcome the barrier of being a Bond film, outside of song and stunts. Why not? The reviews and the credentials are there.

"Devious minds think alike" Whip Whitaker

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White

Nov 4th 2012, 16:57

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineiskolar
Hi iskolar,

iskolar

Total Topics: 12, Posts: 1,080
View Predictions
I love to see Dench nominated whether here for for Lead (for TBEMH).

Current predictions:

Samantha Barks, "Les Miserables"
Sally Field, "Lincoln"
Anne Hathaway, "Les Miserables"
Helen Hunt, "The Sessions"
Maggie Smith, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"

SHOCKER! No Amy Adams. She's my current sixth.
Nov 4th 2012, 17:08

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

Total Topics: 100, Posts: 10,855
View Predictions
That lineup may help Sally a lot. Two noms from LM could dilute things, although I still think Anne wins. I think both have the edge over Helen irrespective of the perf.

I realize Amy's perf is tremendously appreciated, but I'd leave her out as well. But, at this point I think she still sneaks in there.

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White

Nov 4th 2012, 17:44

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMadsonMelo
Hi MadsonMelo,

Total Topics: 15, Posts: 2,313
View Predictions
Amy Adams, The Master
Anne Hathaway, Les Miserables
Sally Field, Lincoln
Helen Hunt, The Sessions
Maggie Smith, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Hathaway wins.

Field won't be 3/3, just won't.
Nov 4th 2012, 17:59

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMiss Frost
Hi Miss Frost,

Miss Frost

Total Topics: 52, Posts: 4,406
View Predictions

I'm not participating in this silly Hathaway win conversation, but I really don't think the lineup will be 5 previously nominated contenders. Who will be the first timer here?

Nov 4th 2012, 17:59

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,

thesmartone

Total Topics: 167, Posts: 2,903
View Predictions
Has there ever been an actress or actor that have won for EVERY nomination (more than one) they've received? I think that can help Sally.
Nov 4th 2012, 18:00

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineRenaton
Hi Renaton,

Renaton

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 7,515
View Predictions
I actually think Dench might get support. Wasn't Smith's film released a while ago? I feel the film might have be forgotten, even if "Downton Abbey" raised her profile recently. Not saying Dench is a sure thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up being the veteran the british voters support. In fact, I could see both her and Javier in, depending on how the critics groups react to the performances.
Nov 4th 2012, 18:04

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineRenaton
Hi Renaton,

Renaton

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 7,515
View Predictions
Quote by TaraLauder21

I'm not participating in this silly Hathaway win conversation, but I really don't think the lineup will be 5 previously nominated contenders. Who will be the first timer here?

Kerry Washington? Or one of the other girls from "Les Miserables"?