Notification Tool : The Americans (2013)
Follow what's new with:
The Americans (2013)
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Nov 7th 2012, 04:42
Hide Post    
offlineTerenceAlfonsoAng
Hi TerenceAlfonsoAng,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 20, Posts: 267
View Predictions

The series takes a sometimes darkly comic look at two KGB spies posing as a normal suburban couple, Phillip (Matthew Rhys, 
Brothers & Sister) and Elizabeth (Russell), whose mission remains a secret even to their children, but begins to come undone by Phillip’s growing attraction to the American way of life, and the additional pressure of finding out their neighbor, Stan (Noah Emmerich), is an FBI agent working in counterintelligence. The couple must also contend with a progressively more real and intimate relationship, while they navigate the complex web of spies and informants they are responsible for.

The Americans comes from Justified and Falling Skies executive producer Graham Yost and is written by Falling Skies writer Joe Weisberg – who is also a former CIA agent. So far, Weisberg is most well known for his work on TNT’s alien invasion drama, but with his firsthand knowledge of the intelligence community, he stands to breakout with this new series. Yost, meanwhile, has dished out three acclaimed seasons of southern-fried justice with a side helping of dark humor onJustified, making FX eager to have his talents on board this series.

The Americans will mark the first lead role in a drama series for Russell since she was on the J.J. Abrams hit Felicity. Since then, Russell has popped up in Abrams’ feature directorial debut, Mission: Impossible III, and was most recently seen on the FOX comedy Running Wilde,  
Nov 7th 2012, 04:44
Hide Post    
offlineTerenceAlfonsoAng
Hi TerenceAlfonsoAng,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

View Predictions
FX's Homeland??? Hopefully!!! I can/will watch both!!!
Nov 7th 2012, 11:30
Hide Post    
onlinethedemonhog
Hi thedemonhog,

Total Topics: 23, Posts: 4,471
View Predictions
Nervous about Yost spending so much time on this when he has Justified on his plate, but I guess Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk can do it.  Then again, their shows are Glee and American Horror Story.
"Drama is life with the dull parts left out." — Alfred Hitchcock
Nov 7th 2012, 17:15
Hide Post    
offlineuncreativename
Hi uncreativename,

Total Topics: 14, Posts: 886
View Predictions
I saw the preview for this the other day and it looks really promising.
Nov 7th 2012, 17:48
Hide Post    
offlineRenaton
Hi Renaton,

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 7,450
View Predictions
Quote by thedemonhog
Nervous about Yost spending so much time on this when he has Justified on his plate, but I guess Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk can do it.  Then again, their shows are Glee and American Horror Story.

Murphy and Falchuk can do it because their shows are terrible no matter what anyways {#emotions_dlg.laugh} 
Nov 7th 2012, 19:23
Hide Post    
offlineIcky
Hi Icky,

Total Topics: 11, Posts: 2,773
View Predictions
I actually think AHS is good this season. It's mix of camp and horror homage is clicking. The first season didn't do anything for me,
True Detective is competing in the drama series categories. Get Over It. 
Nov 7th 2012, 22:47
Hide Post    
offlineKatelynSimon
Hi KatelynSimon,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 4
View Predictions
Hopefully!!! I can/will watch both!!!

----------------------------
Intergrate All Awesome Movies - click here World Around for You!
Nov 8th 2012, 05:34
Hide Post    
offlineTerenceAlfonsoAng
Hi TerenceAlfonsoAng,

View Predictions
Quote by Renato_Miranda
Quote by thedemonhog

Murphy and Falchuk can do it because their shows are terrible no matter what anyways {#emotions_dlg.laugh} 

Very well said.....!!!!

AHS' current season is so crappy, i want to go back and watch the first season..... 
Dec 4th 2012, 05:50
Hide Post    
offlineTerenceAlfonsoAng
Hi TerenceAlfonsoAng,

View Predictions
http://tvline.com/2012/12/04/fx-premiere-date-the-americans-russell-rhys/

Jan. 30!!! Here's to hoping this'll be good!!! 
Jan 13th 2013, 13:00
Hide Post    
offlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,

Total Topics: 93, Posts: 2,841
View Predictions
bump
Jan 26th 2013, 06:01
Hide Post    
offlineTerenceAlfonsoAng
Hi TerenceAlfonsoAng,

View Predictions
in about 5 days....
Jan 26th 2013, 08:50
Hide Post    
offlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,

Total Topics: 93, Posts: 2,841
View Predictions
Here's another promo art and the opening credits.

Jan 26th 2013, 18:24
Hide Post    
offlineGraeme O'Neil
Hi Graeme O'Neil,

Total Topics: 18, Posts: 2,108
View Predictions
Keri Russell needs a hit. And soon.
www.graemeoneil.com
Reviews, opinions, latest music videos! Check it out, and follow me on Facebook and Twitter for exclusive giveaways! 
Jan 26th 2013, 19:49
Hide Post    
offlineRaylan
Hi Raylan,

Total Topics: 15, Posts: 553
View Predictions
Fx always has great dramas..SOA, Justified, Terriers, The Shield and so on. Im sure The Americans will be good.
Jan 27th 2013, 14:18
Hide Post    
offlineBamaEd
Hi BamaEd,

Total Topics: 9, Posts: 709
View Predictions
Can't wait for this show. I'm fairy intrigued. Looking forward to another wonderful Keri Russell performance after The Upside of Anger and the underrated Waitress.
FYC Emmys: The Good Wife, in everything possible; Cicely Tyson & Vanessa Williams in "The Trip to Bountiful"