Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Nov 8th 2012, 21:43
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineIcky
Hi Icky,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Icky

Total Topics: 12, Posts: 3,255
View Predictions
Okay, so it's not a sure thing yet, but...  www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv-column/post/amc-may-revive-the-killing-with-netflix/2012/11/08/b6857f6e-29fa-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_blog.html

There's hope yet for The Killing fans. All eleven of them can rejoice!
The Return of the King
Nov 9th 2012, 01:15
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineGabriel
Hi Gabriel,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 2, Posts: 2,346
View Predictions
lol. Say what you want about the pace of the show, but I'll be damned if it didn't have one of the best ensembles on TV. Seriously, the acting was so good. There wasn't a weak link in the bunch.

I think a season 3 could potentially be great. Of course it would have to involve Sarah Linden and Holden teaming up for a brand new case (one that lasts for one season only).
Nov 9th 2012, 02:12
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethedemonhog
Hi thedemonhog,

thedemonhog

Total Topics: 27, Posts: 5,376
View Predictions
wtf
"I can assure you full immunity is not on the table, but your hand is." — Jack Bauer
Nov 9th 2012, 04:07
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTerenceAlfonsoAng
Hi TerenceAlfonsoAng,

Total Topics: 20, Posts: 267
View Predictions
I LOVED those two seasons of THE KILLING, i think it was very very well done, people was just turned off 'cuz they promised the reveal at the end of season one, but if they didnt, i think they wouldnt have left....that said, im against having a third sesaon, i thought all storylines were neatly wrapped up and there's no need for a third....
Nov 9th 2012, 06:13
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineDenis
Hi Denis,

Denis

Total Topics: 27, Posts: 3,006
View Predictions
thats weird.
I'm full of myself. - Mason Verger
Nov 9th 2012, 06:24
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineA Person
Hi A Person,

A Person

Total Topics: 12, Posts: 1,556
View Predictions
Quote by kt1990
lol. Say what you want about the pace of the show, but I'll be damned if it didn't have one of the best ensembles on TV. Seriously, the acting was so good. There wasn't a weak link in the bunch.

Which is exactly why I wish all of the actors success on projects that aren't this piece of crap show.
Nov 9th 2012, 06:25
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineIcky
Hi Icky,

Icky

Total Topics: 12, Posts: 3,255
View Predictions
R.I.P Luck, Terriers, Rubicon and the other thousands of dramas that deserved to be rescued more than this.
The Return of the King
Nov 9th 2012, 06:44
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTerenceAlfonsoAng
Hi TerenceAlfonsoAng,

View Predictions
I was excited for Luck at first, but after watching the finale I was left stunned not cuz it was so good but cuz I didnt know what the hell that show was all about....LOL
Nov 9th 2012, 11:18
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineCobalt Blue
Hi Cobalt Blue,

Cobalt Blue

Total Topics: 6, Posts: 331
View Predictions
Luck was oustanding, but with that cast and production values,  I can't imagine anyone who will take on that budget as a rescue project.
Nov 9th 2012, 14:15
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineFrozenBarbie
Hi FrozenBarbie,

FrozenBarbie

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 750
View Predictions
Quote by Eeeekk
R.I.P Luck, Terriers, Rubicon and the other thousands of dramas that deserved to be rescued more than this.

NO #@*&!  I could not agree more. "Best ensemble on TV"? Seriously? I couldn't bear to watch, it was so bad at times. I gave up, not (how many times must this be explained?) because they failed to resolve the murder at the end of the first season, but because it was just so stupid. Holder was the only character remotely likeable.  Good riddance.

I loved "Luck" more and more as the series progressed. And Rubicon. I'm still upset over that one.  But "The Killing"? Eeeesh.

"My fried chicken is to die for."

Nov 9th 2012, 14:38
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineGabriel
Hi Gabriel,

Total Topics: 2, Posts: 2,346
View Predictions
I was talking strictly in terms of the acting, not the pacing of the seasons or whether the characters were likeable.. The actors themselves were all excellent.

It may not have been perfect, but I thought it was entertaining, especially towards the end when things starting picking up at a rapid pace. I understand that it's not for everyone, though.
Nov 9th 2012, 20:46
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineSpenser Davis
Hi Spenser Davis,

Spenser Davis

Total Topics: 14, Posts: 1,344
View Predictions
Oh, AMC ... please just stop what you're doing.

So, from what I'm gathering from the article, AMC is partnering with Netflix to produce the show... but if the third season ends up sucking, they'll shove the episodes off on Netflix. Explain to me why they can't just end with Season 2, claim that the show was always meant to center around the Rosie Larsen case, and move on?

In related news: Oh yeah... I forgot Hell on Wheels existed.
Here lies Spenser Davis. He'll miss bacon most of all.
Nov 9th 2012, 23:53
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTerenceAlfonsoAng
Hi TerenceAlfonsoAng,

View Predictions
Quote by Spenser_Davis
Oh, AMC ... please just stop what you're doing.

So, from what I'm gathering from the article, AMC is partnering with Netflix to produce the show... but if the third season ends up sucking, they'll shove the episodes off on Netflix. Explain to me why they can't just end with Season 2, claim that the show was always meant to center around the Rosie Larsen case, and move on?

In related news: Oh yeah... I forgot Hell on Wheels existed.

I totally agree!!! But I Still loved those 2 season!!!

Cancel Hell on Wheels!!! 
Nov 10th 2012, 00:04
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineFrozenBarbie
Hi FrozenBarbie,

FrozenBarbie

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 750
View Predictions
Quote by kt1990
I was talking strictly in terms of the acting, not the pacing of the seasons or whether the characters were likeable.. The actors themselves were all excellent.

Yes, I apologize... I took a left turn there, and was critizing the characters, when you were talking about the actors. And I'm sorry for sounding so harsh, but I really did not like the acting (with the possible exception of Joel Kinnaman)... so, to me, this ensemble of actors isn't one I considered the best on TV.  They wouldn't be in my top ten, anyway. I love the ensembles on many other shows, but not this one.

Is Hell on Wheels still on? I gave up on that one, too.

"My fried chicken is to die for."

Nov 10th 2012, 09:13
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBenitoDelicias
Hi BenitoDelicias,

BenitoDelicias

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 2,095
View Predictions
I really liked this show and I'm happy about this news, if in fact it does come true.

Having said that, if there was ever a show that deserved to be cancelled, it was this one. They treated their audience like crap, it was entirely their fault. And in season 2 the show was still good, but they didn't even finish the thing in the first episode and do something else for the rest of the season, they came back and made us wait a whole other season. So it was even more insulting, regardless of the quality of the show. It's not even necessary quality into consideration because the damage was done.

I hope that if they come back they can learn their lesson, although I don't see how they could get good enough ratings to sustain the show further than this possible third season. Damages was just a DirecTV thing so it was their problem, but according to news this will be an FNL-like situation so AMC's ratings will also count, I guess.