Notification Tool : Did Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland really deserve bad critic scores?
Follow what's new with:
Did Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland really deserve bad critic scores?
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Did Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland really deserve bad critic scores?
Yes
No
Although mediocre it was a solid film.
Please login to vote!
Nov 25th 2012, 17:14

Rating: 0/5
(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineheyitsmegrif4
Hi heyitsmegrif4,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

heyitsmegrif4

Total Topics: 40, Posts: 677
View Predictions
I personally am one of the few people that thought this adaptation was one of Tim Burton's best films ever. It effortlessly captured everything about Wonderland. Yet, critics disagree completely. It had a 51% on Rotten Tomatoes with an average of 5.7 and had a metascore of 53. What are your thoughts?

Nov 25th 2012, 17:51

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJayDF
Hi JayDF,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

JayDF

Total Topics: 31, Posts: 940
View Predictions
I thought it was very cumbersome and dragged.  Most actors seemed very placid and not very interesting, except Bonham Carter that is.
Nov 26th 2012, 00:05

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJunk
Hi Junk,

Total Topics: 4, Posts: 1,322
View Predictions
That didn't stop the movie from collecting a billion $s plus two Oscars (the most his film has ever had?) so I guess Burton is certainly not complaing.
Nov 26th 2012, 07:32

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineGhostOrchid
Hi GhostOrchid,

GhostOrchid

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 927
View Predictions
Well, the story is more a sequel of "Alice". I do think the art direction and costume Oscars are deserved. Though the story has flaws (and definitely felt rushed), it was at least visually what I've always imagined "Wonderland" would look like.
I give Johnny Depp the credit that he's not to shy to play really crazy characters and the Mad Hatter was the cherry on top.
Helena Bonham Cater was just hilarious. IF someone deserved an acting nom, it was her.
Though.... I still feel mixed about the movie as a whole. I'm really not sure what grade I would give it....
"My work is for sale, my life.... not."
Nov 26th 2012, 09:14

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineCarbon Based Lifeform
Hi Carbon Based Lifeform,

Carbon Based Lifeform

Total Topics: 14, Posts: 3,101
View Predictions
The film started off relatively strong and then degenerated into boring, idiotic crap. I am still shocked it made so much money, which just proves a lot of people will watch anything no matter how mediocre and dumb.

Nov 26th 2012, 10:30

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineOscarluver30
Hi Oscarluver30,

Oscarluver30

Total Topics: 14, Posts: 239
View Predictions
I didn't get that ridiculous jig Depp performed at the end

Believe!

Nov 26th 2012, 12:56

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineLaactingnyc
Hi Laactingnyc ,

Laactingnyc

Total Topics: 90, Posts: 3,643
View Predictions
I personally liked it. It was very entertaining and visually appealing. Mia Wasikowska, Helena, and Depp were very funny and good in this. :) But Tim Burtons bes film by far is "Nightmare before christmas"
Nov 26th 2012, 12:59

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

Total Topics: 101, Posts: 10,934
View Predictions
I adored HBC in this. She is a delight! I also didnt mind the blood-drained Snow Queen rendered by Anne Hathaway. But for me, it's Helena who makes the film worth watching.

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White

Nov 26th 2012, 21:56

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineCarbon Based Lifeform
Hi Carbon Based Lifeform,

Carbon Based Lifeform

Total Topics: 14, Posts: 3,101
View Predictions
^Well, yes, Helena Bonham Carter is really the only reason to watch this movie.

Nov 28th 2012, 20:09

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMax 2.0
Hi Max 2.0,

Max 2.0

Total Topics: 6, Posts: 2,340
View Predictions
Ugh, I can't stand this film. I have never fully watched it. I almost always fall asleep or get to distracted and end up doing something else.
"I don't need to be on top to know I'm worth it, because I'm strong enough to know the truth. I just want it to be hot, because I'm best when I'm in love, and I'm in love with you."
May 26th, 19:41

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineKyleBailey
Hi KyleBailey,

Total Topics: 165, Posts: 2,321
View Predictions
I really really loved this movie. It was one of my favorites of 2010 up there with Black Swan, True Grit, Easy A, and Toy Story 3. It was the most fun of the year to watch and the art direction was some of the best I have ever seen in a movie. Depp and Carter are excellent and Anne Hathaway was good too. The visuals were wonderful, the make up was snubbed that year and that was a weak year in that category, and the costumes were well worth an Oscar. I also really loved the music in this movie. It was nominated for a Golden Globe but not for the Oscars which bummed me out because next to Nightmare, this was the best score from Danny Elfman who is my favorite. I adore Tim Burton and this one is up there with Nightmare (producing of course), Sweeney Todd, Ed Wood, Bettlejuice, and Corpse Bride