Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Dec 2nd 2012, 11:03
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

thesmartone

Total Topics: 167, Posts: 2,849
View Predictions
Every couple of years, one winner at the Emmy's gives us a great acceptance speech that we remember for years and years. What are some of your favorites?

Dec 2nd 2012, 11:05
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

thesmartone

View Predictions
I think one of the best acceptance speeches I've seen at the history of the Emmy's was Rue McClanahan's speech when she won for The Golden Girls. I liked that she was able to take her sweet time giving her speech (I believe her speech was almost 3 minutes long). It was funny, energetic, and I believe one of the best of all times.
Dec 2nd 2012, 11:08
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMax 2.0
Hi Max 2.0,

Max 2.0

Total Topics: 6, Posts: 2,340
View Predictions
Tina Fey for Best Comedy Lead Actress, Meryl Streep for Angels of America. I'll keep adding more as I remember...
"I don't need to be on top to know I'm worth it, because I'm strong enough to know the truth. I just want it to be hot, because I'm best when I'm in love, and I'm in love with you."
Dec 2nd 2012, 11:26
Hide Post  Hide Post  
online24Emmy
Hi 24Emmy,

24Emmy

Total Topics: 171, Posts: 4,802
View Predictions
Elaine Stritch, 2004:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykhcPEikc3k
"And look at the company I'm in. Just look at it. And I'm so glad none of them won. I'm so glad . . . none of them won! I won! Listen, I can hardly take a compliment. I've got a problem. Tonight be my guest." -- Elaine Stritch (RIP)
Dec 2nd 2012, 12:06
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTom_Scavo
Hi Tom_Scavo,

Tom_Scavo

Total Topics: 22, Posts: 770
View Predictions
I loved Sally Field's powerful speech when she won the Emmy for Brothers and Sisters... what a shame Fox cut her off...
TGW
Dec 2nd 2012, 12:10
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTrent
Hi Trent,

Trent

Total Topics: 151, Posts: 2,521
View Predictions
Nobody beats Elaine Stritch.

Even though he couldn't have deserved the award less, Jon Cryer's 2009 speech was remarkable. 
2013 Emmys FYC
Amy Poehler, Jane Krakowski, Matthew Perry, Martha Plimpton, Louis CK, Nick Offerman, Adam Scott, Garret Dillahunt
Dec 2nd 2012, 12:35
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineLaactingnyc
Hi Laactingnyc ,

Laactingnyc

Total Topics: 89, Posts: 3,395
View Predictions
1986 - Betty White
1987 - Rue McClanahan
1988 - Estelle Getty
1988 - Beatrice Arthur

all 4 gave memorable speeches.

For your Emmy Consideration

Drama Series ~ Game of Thrones

Comedy Series ~ Veep  
Dec 2nd 2012, 17:12
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,

thesmartone

View Predictions
I had forgotten about Elaine Stritch's speech. That was one of the funniest things I had ever seen. "I'm so glad none of them won!" lol
Dec 2nd 2012, 19:31
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineLaactingnyc
Hi Laactingnyc ,

Laactingnyc

Total Topics: 89, Posts: 3,395
View Predictions
I just saw Elaine's speech. It was amazing! "I am so glad that they lost!!! and i won!!"
For your Emmy Consideration

Drama Series ~ Game of Thrones

Comedy Series ~ Veep  
Dec 2nd 2012, 20:25
Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineGoMe91
Hi GoMe91,

GoMe91

Total Topics: 1, Posts: 1,053
View Predictions
So many...it's hard to choose just one.

I have to go with Tina Fey when she won for Lead Actress, and how she admitted her character was very similar to Julia Louis Dreyfuss's and Dreyfuss's faux reaction to that. It was all just perfect. I still watch it from time to time.

Made in America

Dec 3rd 2012, 08:08
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTry Again
Hi Try Again,

Try Again

Total Topics: 13, Posts: 502
View Predictions
I loved S. Epatha Mekerson's speech for Lackawanna Blues! 
Dec 3rd 2012, 09:17
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMadsonMelo
Hi MadsonMelo,

Total Topics: 15, Posts: 2,294
View Predictions
Paul Giamatti for John Adams.
Dec 3rd 2012, 12:15
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,

Boidiva02

Total Topics: 112, Posts: 2,281
View Predictions
Kristie Alley when she thanked her husband (Parker Stevenson) for "giving her the big one"... a very dirty, yet hilarious speech.

Allison Janney when she won like her 10,000th Emmy, beating Mariska Hargitay and tried (unsuccessfully) to get Harigtay to come on-stage with her.

“In the end, we won’t remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”- Martin Luther King Jr.

Dec 3rd 2012, 12:22
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAwardzilla
Hi Awardzilla,

Awardzilla

Total Topics: 8, Posts: 433
View Predictions
Sally Field - Brothers and Sisters. Astoundingly good!
Other memorable ones...
Kristen Chenoweth - Emmy
Sandra Oh - Golden Globes
Julianna Marguliues - SAG 2010 for Season 1 of TGW