Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Dec 17th 2012, 13:40
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineScottferguson
Hi Scottferguson,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Scottferguson

Total Topics: 136, Posts: 11,362
View Predictions

Just now on Deadline Hollywood:

EXCLUSIVE: Here is a great holiday gift for soap fans: I’ve learned that Prospect Park has revived its plan to continue cancelled ABC daytime dramas All My Children and One Life To Live online. I hear the company behind USA hit Royal Pains has inked deals with SAG-AFTRA and DGA for the soaps’ production, eyed to begin in the first quarter of 2013.

Rich Frank & Jeff Kwatinetz’s Prospect Park made a licensing deal with ABC in July 2011 to keep OLTL and AMC alive for online distribution on their Online Network, which was slated to launch in the first quarter of 2012. But after difficult negotiations with the guilds, the company last November pulled the plug on its plans, despite securing a slew of OLTL and AMC actors to reprise their roles. While the online venture was formally dead, I hear Frank and Kwatinetz never lost hope, and had been quietly working since the summer on putting their plan back together and had been talking with the guilds, resulting in agreements with SAG-AFTRA and DGA. (The status of talks with WGA is unclear.) I hear there are preliminary discussions with actors from All My Children and One Life To Live to rejoin the revived shows. Prospect Park refused comment.

The news comes at a fortuitous time, as the three remaining daytime soaps on TV are having strong ratings showing, all up from last year.  

Dec 17th 2012, 14:36
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 31, Posts: 1,059
View Predictions
I feel like this is not going to happen, just like how it didn't happen last time, but I would love to see them try.  I actually miss Guza's GH more than I miss Cartini's OLTL, but all that aside I would be thrilled for the resurrection of AMC (and here's hoping it's in the hands of a good writer).

Dec 17th 2012, 14:39
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineyoungsoapfan
Hi youngsoapfan,

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 113
View Predictions
Quote by Scottferguson

Just now on Deadline Hollywood:

The news comes at a fortuitous time, as the three remaining daytime soaps on TV are having strong ratings showing, all up from last year.  

um.....don't you mean  FOUR remaining soap?? B&B, DOOL, GH, and Y&R? 
Dec 18th 2012, 08:55
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineEmmyLoser
Hi EmmyLoser,

EmmyLoser

Total Topics: 46, Posts: 2,342
View Predictions
Yeah, I wonder which soap they think isn't on anymore?

I saw this yesterday and thought it was interesting news.  Apparently this rumor about the soaps making a comeback is really starting to pick up stream!  Though it's a little nuts to be heralding 2012 as "a good year for soaps" considering OLTL went off the air in January.

I hope Prospect Park is successful and can revive one or both shows, BUT I kind of feel like the possibilities with ABC having daytime/primetime rights to the show have a better chance of some successful endeavors.  I can see things like specials or even 13-episode primetime mini-events potentially doing well if they're well done.

Both Christie Clark and Carrie Reed have had their babies. Now bring them back to Salem!

Dec 18th 2012, 18:29
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineOLTLfan
Hi OLTLfan,

Total Topics: 10, Posts: 216
View Predictions
As far as Prospect Park goes, I'll believe it when I see it. And I completely agree that these shows are better off with ABC now. With Guza, Frons and Phelps gone and everybody finally realizing how successful serialized programming can be, I'd much rather see ABC try to figure out a way to bring these shows back.
Dec 19th 2012, 10:24
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineDS0816
Hi DS0816,

DS0816

Total Topics: 12, Posts: 281
View Predictions
Quote by OLTLfan
As far as Prospect Park goes, I'll believe it when I see it. And I completely agree that these shows are better off with ABC now. With Guza, Frons and Phelps gone and everybody finally realizing how successful serialized programming can be, I'd much rather see ABC try to figure out a way to bring these shows back.

I agree with this post. Thing is, ABC must have wanted to cut daytime programming costs and wanted to hang on just to General Hospital. And rumor was that GH was on the way out. I'm going to have wait-and-see attitude to this info about Prospect Park and All My Children and One Life to Live. But the other day, I was looking over one of my DVR recordings' list, and I had two episodes of OLTL on it (in HD). One was the Erika Slezak showcase from April 2011. The other was the series finale from January 2012. Between these two soaps, the worse cancellation was OLTL (which was in far better shape, quality wise). I miss it. (And I'm sorry AMC is off the air.)
Dec 19th 2012, 15:54
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineGloFish
Hi GloFish,

Total Topics: 3, Posts: 269
View Predictions
I doubt it. 

I've moved on as have most of the fans, crew and actors. In the end, I am kind of glad it is over because the last decade or so of both these shows was so bad and painful to watch that I came to the conclusion that it was better that these shows were put out of their misery and what remained in the memory of the fans was not the drek of the last few years but the glorious times of decades past. 
Dec 19th 2012, 18:16
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,

eastwest

Total Topics: 104, Posts: 3,124
View Predictions
NEXT!

And they ain't shit for using Deadline as a mouthpiece. If this were to happen, I agree that ABC needs to be the one that does it. If/when that happens, I'll have more to say.

Dec 19th 2012, 19:08
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinesyrus80
Hi syrus80,

syrus80

Total Topics: 21, Posts: 236
View Predictions
I'm over it! And if they do bring back OLTL, I most certainly do not want to see RC writing the show.
And the Oscar goes to...Kim Kardashian!
Dec 24th 2012, 08:17
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,

eastwest

View Predictions
Lots of news this weekend w/this morning being the big one w/DC reporting that Ginger Smith is the new showrunner for AMC. To see the news go to DC for all the scoop. But as for PP latest attept to bring these shows back, I am cautiously pleased. The game plan they have as far as how the shows will run 4days/30 mins. is the way to go and doing these shows on the East coast again gives opportunities for the vets to be on board in some capacity. Still am looking crazy at them if they still expect people to pay to watch these, b/c as they have proven before, this could be a big mess in the end. As for the battle of the OLTL characters, I say if that does come to pass, let it. That will be a true test for me to see how RC/FV's GH will be w/o the crutch of the OLTL characters. Like I have said before, the respect they have shown towards the veteran women has been awesome and if that is any inkling to what their vision of GH can be like w/o the OLTL tranplants, that is fine w/me. For being human, it would suck for Kriten, Michael, & Roger to loose their jobs, but that is the game of life. And as for Smith, they did the whole promoting from w/in thing that many of us has been cheering many of the soaps that were canceled should do. She's been there seeing many of the HIGHS AND LOWS of that show, so there's that. I wonder who they will get for OLTL since so many of FV peeps are on GH as directors, writers, producers, etc.

But all in all, these developments show that they are serious and it is funny that it was around this time last year their lack of planning found them w/o projects and had fans and ppl involved crushed. Now they have a plan and all of us are cautious w/reason.
Dec 27th 2012, 18:57
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,

eastwest

View Predictions
According to SOD, Lindsay Hartley (who hasn't meet a job she never takes lol) has signed up for AMC 2.0 and longtime director Jennifer Pepperman has been named showrunner of OLTL 2.0.
Dec 28th 2012, 07:13
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineEmmyLoser
Hi EmmyLoser,

EmmyLoser

Total Topics: 46, Posts: 2,342
View Predictions
Good for Lindsay Hartley.  She's a draw.  I still can't believe DAYS killed her off the way they did.  I wonder whose bad idea that was?

Both Christie Clark and Carrie Reed have had their babies. Now bring them back to Salem!

Dec 28th 2012, 14:23
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
Vincent Irizarry signed on too!
Dec 28th 2012, 22:42
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,

eastwest

View Predictions
Love the actor, but couldn't stand David! He got Zach Slater level showeating towards the end and was written very one-note. But they did had that ridic redemption plot w/him giving the dead characters life. And he and Cara were expecting a baby, so them being anchors for the show would be interesting (nuDr. Joe & Ruth? Yeah, I heard it out loud and felt sick saying it lol).

DC is reporting that talks w/WGA are happening. Hopefully they'll have a deal w/them b/c for the only reason Agnes could be a part of it in some way. 
Jan 5th 2013, 20:53
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
Debbi Morgan announced on twitter that she is in too.

This is a big win for AMC 2.0, though I still hold Morgan partly responsible for the torture that was her character on YR.