Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Dec 19th 2012, 06:33
Hide Post    
offlineMacbeth
Hi Macbeth ,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 153, Posts: 1,302
View Predictions
Please post all predictions for the 2013 BAFTA Awards here

Please visit my movie blog at: http://moviesunchained.wordpress.com/

Dec 19th 2012, 06:36
Hide Post    
offlineelodieee
Hi elodieee,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 199
View Predictions
BEST ACTOR

DAY LEWIS
PHOENIX
COOPER
WASHINGTON
JEAU LOUIS TRINTIGNANT
Dec 19th 2012, 06:50
Hide Post    
offlineMacbeth
Hi Macbeth ,

Total Topics: 153, Posts: 1,302
View Predictions
Best Film
Lincoln
Les Miserables
Quartet
Amour
Skyfall

Best Director
Steven Spielberg
- Lincoln
Tom Hooper - Les Miserables
Dustin Hoffman - Quartet
Michael Haneke - Amour
Sam Mendes - Skyfall

Best Leading Actor
Daniel Day Lewis
- Lincoln as Abraham Lincoln
Anthony Hopkins - Hitchcock as Alfred Hitchcock
Hugh Jackman - Les Miserables as Jean Valjean
Joaquin Phoenix - The Master as Freddy Quell
Denzel Washington - Flight as Whip Whitaker

Best Leading Actress
Jennifer Lawrence
- Silver Linings Playbook as Tiffany Maxwell
Naomi Watts - The Impossible as Maria
Marion Cottilard - Rust and Bone as Stephanie
Helen Mirren - Hitchcock as Alma Reville
Keira Knightley - Anna Karenina as Anna Karenina

Best Supporting Actor
Tommy Lee Jones
- Lincoln as Thaddeus Stevens
Eddie Redmayne Les Miserables as Marius
Ewan McGregor - The Impossible as Henry
Philip Seymour Hoffman - The Master as Lancaster Dodd
Robert De Niro - Silver Linings Playbook as Pat Solitano Sr.

Best Supporting Actress
Sally Field
- Lincoln as Mary Todd Lincoln
Anne Hathaway Les Miserables as Fantine
Maggie Smith - The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel as Muriel
Samantha Barks - Les Miserables as Eponine
Judi Dench - Skyfall as M
Please visit my movie blog at: http://moviesunchained.wordpress.com/

Dec 19th 2012, 11:46
Hide Post    
offlineblack30
Hi black30,

Total Topics: 7, Posts: 606
View Predictions
Denzel Washington has never received a competive BAFTA nomination. Also, does anyone know if Flight has opened in the UK?
Dec 19th 2012, 11:53
Hide Post    
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

Total Topics: 91, Posts: 8,977
View Predictions
I dont think it opens until Feb in the UK. But it has opened in Turkey, Egypt, UAE, Ukraine, Lebanon, and Russia.

Well well. What a line up of familiar, cool-aid drinking nominees. Like fhe Skyfall noms though.....

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White

Dec 19th 2012, 12:04
Hide Post    
offlineLaactingnyc
Hi Laactingnyc ,

Total Topics: 88, Posts: 3,182
View Predictions
If its the bafta's then Maggie is getting nominations for quatet and marigold hotel. and knightly will get nominated.

The other 3 in the best actress category will probably be

Naomi Watts, Helen Mirren, Emmanuelle Riva

Next in line

Jennifer Lawrence and marion cotillard.

1. Naomi Watts
2. Maggie Smith
3. Keira Knightly
4. Helen Mirren
5. Emmanuelle Riva

6. Jennifer Lawrence
7. Marion Cotillard
Best film of the year - Gravity
Dec 19th 2012, 12:25
Hide Post    
offlinefigure8
Hi figure8,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 509
View Predictions
I don't think Weisz is eligible, The Deep Blue Sea opened a few months earlier here in Britain than in the US and missed out last year on BAFTA nominations.
Dec 19th 2012, 12:29
Hide Post    
offlineFEDEclown
Hi FEDEclown,

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 232
View Predictions
LOL at everybody predicting Keira Knightley. She's not happening. Anywhere. She didn't even get a Globe nom which was more easy.

Just because she's British? No way. If we're talking about british contenders then Mirren (Hitchcock), Dench (Marigold Hotel) and Smith (Quartet) are all ahead of her. Lawrence, Chastain, Cotillard, Watts, Riva and Wallis are more likely then Knightley, too.

BTW, I'm not saying because I don't like her or I don't like the movie. I really like her and I didn't see the movie. It's just a fact.
No, non riuscirai mai a capire cosa c'è scritto. Ma non importa.
Dec 19th 2012, 12:42
Hide Post    
offlineScottferguson
Hi Scottferguson,

Total Topics: 134, Posts: 11,124
View Predictions
For what it's worth, ZD30 had an LA screening for BAFTA, large auditorium, sold out, with Bigelow/Boal speaking - so it is clearly eligible. My friend (Irish, does hair/make up) who is a member said it was the most enthusiastic screening she had ever gone to.

The two British reviews I know of for the film are both raves - The Guardian (the closest thing to the NYTImes there) and Screen (their Variety, Hollywood Rep), the same level as the US.

If people are discounting it because of other group announcements, I think that those do require films to actually open up in the UK calendar year 2012 to qualify, although if someone knows more, please correct me.

Basically, I see no reason why it shouldn't be guessed nearly as highly there as with the Oscars.    

Dec 19th 2012, 12:47
Hide Post    
offlinefigure8
Hi figure8,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 509
View Predictions
Out of the Brits I think Judi Dench has the best shot of getting a nomination for Skyfall in supporting. Skyfall should get in best picture.
Dec 19th 2012, 13:06
Hide Post    
offlineENGLAND
Hi ENGLAND,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 776
View Predictions
Although I someone doubt, I wonder if Denzel can get his first nomination and win. They know they are wrong for not nominating him.
Dec 19th 2012, 14:14
Hide Post    
offlineoutsider
Hi outsider,

Total Topics: 21, Posts: 1,303
View Predictions
You can find the list of entered films on the following page:

http://www.bafta.org/film/awards/entered-films,65,BA.html

Supporting Actress is not that great, so I hope they don't forget about Janet McTeer who was absolutely brilliant in "Albert Nobbs".
Dec 20th 2012, 03:09
Hide Post    
offlineJunk
Hi Junk,

Total Topics: 2, Posts: 1,201
View Predictions
They didn't nominate Harry Potter last year, which was even bigger of sorts compared to Skyfall. Do you guys think they'd go for Skyfall?
Dec 20th 2012, 03:28
Hide Post    
offlinethedemonhog
Hi thedemonhog,

Total Topics: 24, Posts: 4,547
View Predictions
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 bombed with the regional critics awards.  Skyfall is faring better.  And it is also doing better at the British box office.
"Drama is life with the dull parts left out." — Alfred Hitchcock
Dec 20th 2012, 20:38
Hide Post    
offlineMadsonMelo
Hi MadsonMelo,

Total Topics: 13, Posts: 2,155
View Predictions
Is Mirren eligible?