Notification Tool : FINAL DAY TO VOTE for Winners of 2012 Gold Derby Film Awards
Follow what's new with:
FINAL DAY TO VOTE for Winners of 2012 Gold Derby Film Awards
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Jan 16th 2013, 06:29
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBoomer
Hi Boomer,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Boomer

Total Topics: 236, Posts: 2,376
View Predictions
It's time once again to vote for the GOLD DERBY FILM AWARDS. We have a long tradition of honoring what we all think are the best films, performances, and technical work of the year.

http://www.goldderby.com/news/3867/gold-derby-film-awards-nominations-voting-lincoln-life-of-pi-entertainment-film-news-92881423.html

Please follow the rules in the Predictions Center to place your votes in as many or as few categories as you want. The simple process allows you to just drag and drop your favorites (#1-5) in each category. The link is on the left side of your screen (not in the drop-down menu used for the various awards shows).

In this thread, you can campaign for a FEW of your favorites. Please do not campaign for more than a FEW and DO NOT put your ballot in this thread.

The deadline for voting on nominations is Monday, February 4.

http://awardsheaven.angelfire.com/tvhalloffame.htm
Visit my website about the TV Hall of Fame.

Jan 16th 2013, 09:59
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineDaniel Montgomery
Hi Daniel Montgomery,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Daniel Montgomery

Total Topics: 81, Posts: 2,212
View Predictions
Chris and I did our best to include as many candidates as possible, but inevitably there will be oversights. So if you notice any candidate who is missing that you'd like to vote for, please send me a private message listing up to five candidates you'd like to have added and I will do my best to add them in a timely fashion.

But please limit your requests to candidates you personally intend to vote for. Requests like "If X is on the list, so should these 30 others" will not be considered.
siskel ebert
Jan 16th 2013, 10:18
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJOSHUA
Hi JOSHUA,

JOSHUA

Total Topics: 10, Posts: 1,000
View Predictions

My FYCs:

Jean-Louis Trintignant in Actor for Amour
Denis Lavant in Actor for Holy Motors 
Eddie Redmayne in Best Supporting Actor for Les Miserables
Ewan McGregor in Best Supporting Actor for The Impossible
Ezra Miller in Best Supporting Actor for The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Emma Watson in Supporting Actress for The Perks of Being a Wallflower  
Amour and Skyfall in all eligible categories

Thanks!    

Jan 16th 2013, 10:40
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBrettCarl
Hi BrettCarl,

BrettCarl

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 43
View Predictions
Would just like to say; can people actually vote properly in each category instead of just putting one name in each catergory so that the actor/film with be more likely to be nominated. It's unfair to us who put five nominees in each category like your meant to do and then have to sufffer when the nominations are announced and see some ridiculous and stupid nominees. Thank You Laughing 
Jan 16th 2013, 11:26
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineawardskel
Hi awardskel,

awardskel

Total Topics: 180, Posts: 373
View Predictions
Here are 6 films you should consider:

1. Seven Psychopaths (Supporting Actor - Sam Rockwell, Original Screenplay, Acting Ensemble)
2. Zero Dark Thirty (Best Supporting Actor - Jason Clarke and Best Acting Ensemble)
3. Compliance (Best Supporting Actress - Ann Dowd)
4. The Grey (Best Sound)
5. Les Mis (Best Supporting Actor - Eddie Redmayne)
6. Perks of Being a Wallflower (Best Breakthrough Performer AND Best Actor - Logan Lerman)
Jan 16th 2013, 11:41
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMysteriousRent
Hi MysteriousRent,

MysteriousRent

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 841
View Predictions
FYI - the link isn't working when I click on it. 
Jan 16th 2013, 14:53
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

Total Topics: 99, Posts: 10,704
View Predictions
Quote by BrettCarl
Would just like to say; can people actually vote properly in each category instead of just putting one name in each catergory so that the actor/film with be more likely to be nominated. It's unfair to us who put five nominees in each category like your meant to do and then

have to sufffer when the nominations are announced and see some ridiculous and stupid nominees. Thank You Laughing 

We're inured to this, after years and years of watching Oscar.

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White

Jan 16th 2013, 15:55
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineRenaton
Hi Renaton,

Renaton

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 7,506
View Predictions
Too bad, I open be able to know if I'd vote for Zero Dark Thirty. It only opens after the dealine here in Brazil. Oh well, I understand why and respect it. And thanks for this again, as usual it's very fun to see where the tastes of people here line up.
Jan 16th 2013, 17:53
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMax 2.0
Hi Max 2.0,

Max 2.0

Total Topics: 6, Posts: 2,340
View Predictions
Eddie Redmayne, in Les Misérables FYC.
"I don't need to be on top to know I'm worth it, because I'm strong enough to know the truth. I just want it to be hot, because I'm best when I'm in love, and I'm in love with you."
Jan 16th 2013, 18:36
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinepacinofan
Hi pacinofan,

Total Topics: 4, Posts: 1,388
View Predictions
"Skyfall"- Best Picture, Director, Supporting Actor, Cinematography, Editing, Production Design

"The Perks of Being a Wallflower"- best adpated screenplay, supporting actor (Ezra Miller)

"Zero Dark Thirty"- supporting actor (Jason Clark)

"Moonrise Kingdom"- Best Picture, director, cinematography, production design
Jan 16th 2013, 18:43
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMayi
Hi Mayi,

Mayi

Total Topics: 1, Posts: 183
View Predictions
FYC:
Ann Dowd - Actress, Breakthrough

The Cabin in the Woods - Picture, Original Screenplay

Michael Fassbender - Supporting Actor     
Jan 16th 2013, 18:43
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMiss Frost
Hi Miss Frost,

Miss Frost

Total Topics: 52, Posts: 4,407
View Predictions
FYC: Avengers for Best Picture. Adapted Screenplay for The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Emma Watson for Best Supporting Actress and Ezra Miller for Best Supporting Actor both in The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Jennifer Lawrence for Best Actress in The Silver Linings Playbook. "Skyfall" by Adele Atkins and Paul Epworth for Best Original Song.
Jan 16th 2013, 20:36
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineDaniel Montgomery
Hi Daniel Montgomery,

Daniel Montgomery

Total Topics: 81, Posts: 2,212
View Predictions
It's funny, Supporting Actor proved to be the single hardest category for me. I was torn between about 8 people, none of whom are the Oscar nominees.
siskel ebert
Jan 16th 2013, 22:25
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineKevinDillon
Hi KevinDillon,

Total Topics: 14, Posts: 347
View Predictions
This is not letting me click on anywhere to vote, this website is sometimes so challenging
Jan 16th 2013, 22:35
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

Total Topics: 99, Posts: 10,704
View Predictions
Quote by KevinDillon
This is not letting me click on anywhere to vote, this website is sometimes so challenging

Did you try the link under your name in your profile area? Miss Frost pointed this out to me, and damned, it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White