Never miss important news and predictions on Oscars, Golden Globes, Grammys, Emmys and your fave reality TV shows.
facebookLike twitterFollow
pop up close

Notification Tool : Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)
Follow what's new with:
Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Jan 21st 2013, 18:48

Rating: 0/5
(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinemsnowden1
Hi msnowden1,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

msnowden1

Total Topics: 116, Posts: 2,965
View Predictions
I believe that there's a 500 post limit on these threads, so I started another one. Enjoy!
"What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong."- Robin Williams
Jan 21st 2013, 19:09

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMiss Frost
Hi Miss Frost,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Miss Frost

Total Topics: 52, Posts: 4,406
View Predictions
I wonder who's going to win the SAG. I think if SLP wins ensemble they won't feel any need to give DeNiro a veteran first time win, so I believe Tommy Lee Jones or Arkin will take it.
Jan 21st 2013, 19:30

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJason Travis
Hi Jason Travis,

Total Topics: 46, Posts: 1,182
View Predictions
I think Tommy Lee Jones. Wasn't it Cate Blanchett who was the presumed frontrunner for The Aviator, then kept losing? She finally won the SAG and then Oscar. Perhaps Jones will do the same. If not Jones, it's going to De Niro, Arkin or Hoffman- thank you!

Experience JasonMovieGuy: http://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy

Follow Me on MoviePilot: http://moviepilot.com/users/1239192&nbs
Jan 21st 2013, 20:37

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineSxECanadianFanSxE
Hi SxECanadianFanSxE,

SxECanadianFanSxE

Total Topics: 20, Posts: 2,644
View Predictions
I think SLP will surprise a lot of people at SAG.

DeNiro, Lawrence and the movie will win as it has a special appeal for actors. 
Allergic to star ratings.
Jan 22nd 2013, 05:44

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineRenaton
Hi Renaton,

Renaton

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 7,514
View Predictions
I doubt it. I think it will take emsemble, and that's it (and even that isn't a sure thing with the competition it has). Maybe De Niro will win Supporting Actor as default simply for being De Niro, but how long did it take Meryl Streep to win a SAG again? SLP is very well positioned, but I don't think it's that strong to the point of pulling off three victories in one night.
Jan 22nd 2013, 11:40

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineoscartoday.com
Hi oscartoday.com,

oscartoday.com

Total Topics: 8, Posts: 139
View Predictions
Leonardo DiCaprio was totally robbed. He deserves to be nominated and win!
Jan 22nd 2013, 12:15

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineENGLAND
Hi ENGLAND,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 826
View Predictions
After finally watching Django fully, I do not get all the love Leo has gotten. He did not deserve a nod for his performance if you ask me. Waltz was great but nothing compared to his performance in "Basterds." Sam Jackson was my favorite character in the film and I thought if anyone deserve to be nominated from the film it was him and Kerry Washington.
Jan 22nd 2013, 12:27

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinefigure8
Hi figure8,

figure8

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 515
View Predictions
I did prefer Waltz in I.B but again he was outstanding. Leo was totally robbed, He bought so much to Django. I do not support TLJs nod, was totally baffled to why he was getting buzz after watching Lincoln. As of now I'm rooting for De Niro. Still need to see Argo and The Master.
Jan 22nd 2013, 12:27

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJason Travis
Hi Jason Travis,

View Predictions

I'm just curious- how was Samuel L. Jackson superior to Leonardo DiCaprio? DiCaprio was playing a different type of role, def against type. Jackson was basically playing himself- the whole Pulp Fiction/Shaft/Snakes on a Plane ordeal with lots of cursing and Jacksonisms. I understand that can be funny, but this was  a cake walk for him to do in my viewing, at least.

Jan 22nd 2013, 12:32

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinedannyboy.
Hi dannyboy.,

dannyboy.

Total Topics: 6, Posts: 1,710
View Predictions
Leo's character was just so ridiculous.. Jackson's character ended up surprising me with an odd but new perspective on how someone in his position could have thought and felt. It was risky, and in your face, but I appreciated it. Leo DiCaprio in DJango = Brad Pitt in IB (imo), just felt like he was from a completely different film.
Jan 22nd 2013, 12:36

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineENGLAND
Hi ENGLAND,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 826
View Predictions
Leo seemed so fake to me. He tried something different but it did not work for me. Sam did his usual cursing but he pulled this one off and he added something different. Also this is one of the first times we see Samuel taking orders from others which is different. If Leo and Waltz would have switch roles then yes, but I do understand that Quentin did not want Waltz to play the same character again.
Jan 22nd 2013, 12:39

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJason Travis
Hi Jason Travis,

View Predictions
Interesting.

I despised Leo's acting in Revolutionary Road- both him and Kate Winslet seemed like they were performing a bad high school play. So glad the academy didn't fall for it.

Often DiCaprio comes off like he's projecting to a live audience and yes, sometimes he can come off mimicky and unrealistic, but I still found him to be superb in Django. Oh well, different strokes for differnt folks.

Jan 22nd 2013, 13:31

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineRenaton
Hi Renaton,

Renaton

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 7,514
View Predictions
Jackson was totally not playing himself. How is the bad dynamic motherfucker the same thing as a house slave? He played the subserviant and ignorant role very well. I do not associate taht performance with Pulp Fiction and Jackie brown at all.
Jan 22nd 2013, 13:56

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineGabriel
Hi Gabriel,

Total Topics: 2, Posts: 2,365
View Predictions
Samuel L. Jackson was terrific in Django Unchained. He has a remarkable ability to get into character and become a completely different person. His roles in Jackie Brown and Django, for example, couldn't be any more different.

It would have been great to see him get nominated, but oh well...
Jan 22nd 2013, 15:02

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

Total Topics: 100, Posts: 10,855
View Predictions
Quote by Jason_Travis

I'm just curious- how was Samuel L. Jackson superior to Leonardo DiCaprio? DiCaprio was playing a different type of role, def against type. Jackson was basically playing himself- the whole Pulp Fiction/Shaft/Snakes on a Plane ordeal with lots of cursing and Jacksonisms. I understand that can be funny, but this was  a cake walk for him to do in my viewing, at least.

Jackson was basically playing himself

Himself? Lol Jason!

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White