Notification Tool : Poll: What do you think of the new official Oscars poster?
Follow what's new with:
Poll: What do you think of the new official Oscars poster?
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Jan 22nd 2013, 08:23

Rating: 0/5
(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTom O'Neil
Hi Tom O'Neil,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Tom O'Neil

Total Topics: 613, Posts: 1,224
View Predictions
We're running a poll in Gold Derby's blog section. CAST YOUR VOTE:

http://tinyurl.com/bfva4em

oscars poster

Jan 22nd 2013, 09:13

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineEthel Charles
Hi Ethel Charles,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Ethel Charles

Total Topics: 4, Posts: 301
View Predictions
Not to be a negative Nancy, but this reminds me of the gorgeous one a few years back that I recall being black and white and a photo of a previous winner (two versions - male & female)? Was this maybe Liz Taylor or Grace Kelly at the height of her glam? At any rate, it seemed to capture the elusive star glamor that we all aspire to and never achieve, so drop dead aspirational.

The one of Seth above, bless his heart, seems the opposite of all I'm talking about above, and dull as dishwater. 

On a side note, I had a Baskin Robbins cake made of the lady, except they cut the head of the oscar off too for cripes sake. So a double headless image. Most macabre!

78th_academy_awards_poster.jpg 

Here I am at the Oscars wearing a delicate Armani Prive!

Jan 22nd 2013, 09:15

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

Total Topics: 137, Posts: 9,471
View Predictions
That's it? Seth MacFarlane holding an Oscar? Big miss.

Jan 22nd 2013, 09:21

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinedannyboy.
Hi dannyboy.,

dannyboy.

Total Topics: 6, Posts: 1,710
View Predictions
Subliminal messaging for Original Song.. Clever girl.
Jan 22nd 2013, 11:25

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,

thesmartone

Total Topics: 175, Posts: 3,009
View Predictions
I'm sorry, but I hate it. All it is the host holding an Oscar. No background images. No colors. Just a black photo, with the host holding the Oscar? smh
Jan 22nd 2013, 11:33

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineoscartoday.com
Hi oscartoday.com,

oscartoday.com

Total Topics: 8, Posts: 139
View Predictions
Too bad. Not classy. No glamour. It promotes more Seth MacFarlane than the Oscars!
Jan 22nd 2013, 13:02

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineLaactingnyc
Hi Laactingnyc ,

Laactingnyc

Total Topics: 90, Posts: 3,729
View Predictions
I don't like it............
Jan 22nd 2013, 15:26

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

Total Topics: 102, Posts: 11,063
View Predictions
Quote by ethelcharles
Not to be a negative Nancy, but this reminds me of the gorgeous one a few years back that I recall being black and white and a photo of a previous winner (two versions - male & female)? Was this maybe Liz Taylor or Grace Kelly at the height of her glam? At any rate, it seemed to capture the elusive star glamor that we all aspire to and never achieve, so drop dead aspirational.

The one of Seth above, bless his heart, seems the opposite of all I'm talking about above, and dull as dishwater. 

On a side note, I had a Baskin Robbins cake made of the lady, except they cut the head of the oscar off too for cripes sake. So a double headless image. Most macabre!

Ethel, are you sure it wasnt YOU who bit off her cakey head, and then forgot about it?

I think Seth is hilarious, with his spontaneous wit and jokes; unlike Oscar which is a long, drawn-out one. Lol.
The poster? I think it's fine.

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White

Jan 22nd 2013, 17:56

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinePieman1994
Hi Pieman1994,

Pieman1994

Total Topics: 3, Posts: 1,423
View Predictions
Anyone else think he slightly resembles Warran Beatty here? Just me? 
Here's my signature... just so I have it. That way, I have it. I promise. It's just to have it.
Jan 22nd 2013, 22:40

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

View Predictions

Um no Pieman. No. More like, Frankie Munez.....

Jan 23rd 2013, 05:44

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJunk
Hi Junk,

Total Topics: 4, Posts: 1,344
View Predictions
Quote by ethelcharles

I think this poster you're talking about even won an Emmy for the title design.

Thumbs down from me too! Being Sick 
Jan 23rd 2013, 22:25

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

View Predictions
Perhaps they should resort to something creative, like this

or this

Jan 23rd 2013, 23:19

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineHalo_Insider
Hi Halo_Insider,

Halo_Insider

Total Topics: 54, Posts: 3,452
View Predictions
Quote by babypook
Perhaps they should resort to something creative, like this

or this

Mmm-hm, I kind of prefer this one, as well.

Jan 23rd 2013, 23:28

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJackO
Hi JackO,

JackO

Total Topics: 2, Posts: 841
View Predictions
It would have been fine if he was just holding a normal Oscar. The thing he is holding now is just distracting. Meh.