Notification Tool : The Academy Award SNUBBEE Awards!
Follow what's new with:
The Academy Award SNUBBEE Awards!
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Jan 22nd 2013, 10:32

Rating: 0/5
(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

thesmartone

Total Topics: 175, Posts: 2,996
View Predictions
That's right! They are back again! The nominations for the Academy Awards have been announced, which means there are alot of snubs people are talking about. So it's time to honor those people and movies that were snubbed, with the SNUBBEE Awards.

Here is how it will work:

1.Each participant will need to send me a ballot via DM.

2.There will be 7 categories. You do not have to vote for every category. You can choose what categories you would like to vote in. HOWEVER, for every category that you DO vote in, you must have 3 nominees listed. Anymore, or anyless, and that category will be voided on your ballot.

3.Place the nominees in order of your preference. #1 being the best, to #3 being the least. Contenders placed in #1 will get 3 points, #2 will get 2 points, #3 will get 1 point.

4.Each category will have 5 nominees, including Best Picture, unless there is a tie in the voting, in which a category will have 6 or 7 nominees depending on the amount of ties.

5.ALL BALLOTS ARE DUE TO ME VIA DM BY SUNDAY FEBRUARY 10, 2013 AT 11:59 pm. Any ballots received after this date and time will not be counted.

6.After sending me your ballot, be sure to check this thread, as I will post in this thread if there was a problem opening your ballot. Once I count the points on your ballot, I will message you back with confirmation that your votes have been counted.

Here are the categories in which I will be accepeting nominees:

Best Snubbed Picture
Best Snubbed Actor
Best Snubbed Actress
Best Snubbed Supporting Actor
Best Snubbed Supporting Actress
Best Snubbed Director

Golden SNUBBEE**

Films eligible for the Golden SNUBBEE are films that did not receive a single nomination for the Academy Awards! The films that did receive nominations for the Academy Awards are listed below:

Amour
Anna Karenina
Argo
The Avengers
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Brave
Chasing Ice
Django Unchained
Flight
Frankenweenie
Hitchcock
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
The Impossible
Les Miserables
Life of Pi
Lincoln
The Master
Mirror Mirror
Moonrise Kingdom
Paranorman
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Prometheus
The Sessions
Silver Linings Playbook
Skyfall
Snow White and the Huntsman
Ted
Wreck-it-Ralph
Zero Dark Thirty
Jan 22nd 2013, 10:41

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

thesmartone

View Predictions
Remember to only put 3 nominees in each category when voting!
Jan 22nd 2013, 17:15

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinemsnowden1
Hi msnowden1,

msnowden1

Total Topics: 118, Posts: 2,971
View Predictions
Perks of Being a Wallflower and The Dark Knight Rises are going to win EVERYTHING! 
"What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong."- Robin Williams
Jan 23rd 2013, 08:09

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,

thesmartone

View Predictions
Keep those ballots coming! I've only received 4 so far!
Jan 23rd 2013, 10:10

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinepacinofan
Hi pacinofan,

Total Topics: 4, Posts: 1,388
View Predictions

I still have some movies to see before sending in a ballot. "Compliance" and "The Paperboy" I have at home from Netflix. Still have to make the 45 minute drive out to see "Amour" but will soon. Maybe it will move closer to me this weekend.

Jan 23rd 2013, 14:06

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

Total Topics: 101, Posts: 10,962
View Predictions
Ok, pardon these questions, but if we can only pick three nominees, why are there five for each category? You mean, the top three vote-getters and you add the two most voted after that?
And, what do you mean by, these films not receiving a single nomination with Oscar? Pardon?

Thanks.

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White

Jan 23rd 2013, 14:10

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

View Predictions
ETA:

Ok, Never mind. I think I get it now Lol. Sorry.

Jan 23rd 2013, 23:54

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJackO
Hi JackO,

JackO

Total Topics: 2, Posts: 840
View Predictions
Sent!
Jan 24th 2013, 00:09

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJunk
Hi Junk,

Total Topics: 4, Posts: 1,322
View Predictions
We can send three nominations only? Too less!
Jan 24th 2013, 10:26

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinethesmartone
Hi thesmartone,

thesmartone

View Predictions
When the voting period is over, the films/actors/directors that have the 5 highest amount of points will receive nominations. That is why it is important to list your votes in preferential order when sending me your ballot.

And any film that did not receive an Oscar nomination AT ALL (in acting, Best Picture, Sound, Directing, Editing, Music, etc.) is eligible for the Golden Snubbee. Examples of these eligibile films are Rust and Bone, The Deep Blue Sea, Magic Mike, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Dark Knight Rises, etc. 
Jan 24th 2013, 14:16

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinepacinofan
Hi pacinofan,

Total Topics: 4, Posts: 1,388
View Predictions
I have voted in these before and yet I am having some difficulty remembering the rules.

I get that the nominees for best picture must not have been nominated for anything at the Oscars.

What I wanted to know is if the actors/directors also have to come from completely unnominated films? When I think of snubbed actors and directors I am thinking of people like Kathryn Bigelow, Leonardo DiCaprio, John Hawkes, etc. Are these people eligible?

Also, if a person is nominated in one category can they be considered snubbed in a different category? Quentin Tarantino was snubbed in directing but is a screenplay nominee. Is he eligible in director? Anne Hathaway was nominated for "Les Miserables" so is she eligible for "The Dark Knight Returns"?

Jan 24th 2013, 15:01

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

View Predictions
^
Well I take it to mean that, since TDK wasnt nominated for any Oscar, that Anne would be eligible for that film.

Actually I almost gagged with my choices until I double-checked to see if it did indeed receive a makeup nomination. That. would have changed my entire ballot, which would have seemed pretty unfair.

Thanks Smartone.

Jan 25th 2013, 02:04

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinemoviemac
Hi moviemac,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 5
View Predictions
Cloud Atlas, anyone? 
Jan 25th 2013, 12:44

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTry Again
Hi Try Again,

Try Again

Total Topics: 13, Posts: 512
View Predictions

F.Y.C.
Middle of Nowhere 
Arbitrage

Jan 25th 2013, 16:05

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineheyitsmegrif4
Hi heyitsmegrif4,

heyitsmegrif4

Total Topics: 40, Posts: 677
View Predictions
I will change my Golden Snubbee Awards because I did it wrong.