Notification Tool : Which OLTL character NEEDS to be part of the reboot?
Follow what's new with:
Which OLTL character NEEDS to be part of the reboot?
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Which OLTL character NEEDS to be part of the reboot?
Option 1: Trevor St. John as Victor
Option 2: Susan Haskell as Marty
Option 3: Tom Degnan as Joey
Option 4: Gina Tognoni as Kelly
Option 5: Dan Gauthier as Kevin
Option 6: Bree Williamson as Jessica and alters
Option 7: Ilene Kristen as Roxy
Option 8: J.P. Lavosisier as Rex
Option 9: Kathy Brier as Marcie
Option 10: Somebody Else (specify below)
Please login to vote!
Feb 7th 2013, 20:03
Hide Post    
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 108, Posts: 2,243
View Predictions
Aside from those we know have already signed on, which former OLTL character would be most exciting to see return for the reboot? (Excluding those currently on GH who we all know are ESSENTIAL to OLTL)

Here are the major characters we know have re-signed:
Tuc Watkins (David)
Erika Slezak (Viki)
Melissa Archer (Natalie)
Robert S. Woods (Bo)
Hillary B. Smith (Nora)
Robin Strasser (Dorian)
Florenica Lozano (Tea)
Jerry Ver Dorn (Clint)
Kassie DePavia (Blair)
Josh Kelly (Cutter)
Kelli Missal (Danni)
Andrew Trischitta (Jack)

Also, recurring:
Sean Ringgold (Shaun)
Shenaz Treasury (Rama)
Nick Choksi (Vimal)

“In the end, we won’t remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”- Martin Luther King Jr.

Feb 7th 2013, 21:46
Hide Post    
offlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 93, Posts: 2,841
View Predictions
On the list, I voted Dan/Kevin. There's no Frons baggage w/the character and he could fill the void of the leading man. Kathy/Marcie would be a close second and Susan/Marty seems like a legit possibility since Thorsten is doing iAMC. I would love for Thom and Susie to redeem her given the McTavish esque shit Ron did to the character.
Feb 8th 2013, 07:36
Hide Post    
offlineEmmyLoser
Hi EmmyLoser,

Total Topics: 38, Posts: 2,053
View Predictions
No one really came to mind when I saw the subject, but I also picked Kevin.  It would be good for Viki and Clint to have another kid around besides Natalie.  Bree Williamson seems to have some slightly better prospects, and the way things wrapped up with these characters and stories made me not terribly eager to see Victor, Marty, Kelly or Joey anytime soon.  Roxie and Rex just don't feel that important to the show, even if Rex is now a Buchanan, and while I don't dislike Marcie, I'm happy enough with her being happy in Seattle or wherever it was she and Michael moved to.

Both Christie Clark and Carrie Reed have had their babies. Now bring them back to Salem!

Feb 10th 2013, 18:24
Hide Post    
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,

View Predictions
I have some other suggestions, in addition to the one's in the actual poll, let me know what you think:

---Alex Olanov, I think that with Cutter on the show it makes sense for Alex to come back.  
---Renee Devine, I have no reason why ABC never used Patricia Elliot on a regular basis.
---Will Rappaport--- It would seem to me a need for a man in his 30's; and a recast will could cut it nicely.
---Tina Lord--- Only if they find a way to make her presence in Llanview warranted and not have her segregated from the others.
-----Addie Cramer--- With Blair and Dorian both back on the show they need Addie too!
------Antonio Vega--- I'm not even sure how Antonio left the show, but maybe he needs to come home to Llanview?

“In the end, we won’t remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”- Martin Luther King Jr.

Feb 11th 2013, 07:34
Hide Post    
offlineEmmyLoser
Hi EmmyLoser,

View Predictions
These are some good suggestions, I think.  You're right about Alex, if they bother to have Cutter (which I wouldn't have in the first place), they certainly should get her back as well.  I'd also like to see another Kim Andrews.  I'm sure Amanda Setton isn't interested, but they should recast.  They should have just recast when Amanda Setton left the show the first time.  Renee was never on much during my time watching it, so I don't have a strong feeling on that.  I was never a big fan of Antonio, but I think if that wanted a character who fills that niche, there are better ways to do it than actually having Antonio back.  Addie is always great and seeing her any time would be fun.  I love Tina, but I feel like the final months of OLTL did a good job putting the character rest.  After what happened there, it would be weird to have her go back to being old school Tina, and it would also be weird to have her around and have her not be old school Tina.  Will would be a good addition to the canvas, I think (I get misty just thinking about the beautiful Jason Shane-Scott), but who I'd really love to get back is Lindsay.  It's such a shame OLTL just threw her in jail and pretty much never brought her back. 

Both Christie Clark and Carrie Reed have had their babies. Now bring them back to Salem!

Feb 11th 2013, 09:42
Hide Post    
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,

View Predictions
I agree about Lindsay, she needs to come back. I never understood why they fell out of love with Lindsay/Catherine Hickland.   I'm sure if asked Catherine Hickland would do it too.   She loves this genre as much as anybody.

One goal they have to have is to make the canvas more multi-racial.   We need some black people on this show; I would love to see them recast Rachel Gannon, bring back RJ Gannon and hell even Hank Gannon.

Feb 11th 2013, 15:31
Hide Post    
offlineEmmyLoser
Hi EmmyLoser,

View Predictions
Yes, another good point.  I loved Daphne Duplaix as Rachel, and I thought she and Scott Clinton had a good and interesting chemistry together.  It was sad when they just let her go.  It's also a shame they killed Evangeline.  She was a good character who could have been recast and brought back into the fold.  But I guess the online version will have someone playing Destiny, and then have Shaun (who I don't like at all, but whatever) and Vimal and Rama. 

Feb 11th 2013, 15:50
Hide Post    
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,

View Predictions
Quote by EmmyLoser
Yes, another good point.  I loved Daphne Duplaix as Rachel, and I thought she and Scott Clinton had a good and interesting chemistry together.  It was sad when they just let her go.  It's also a shame they killed Evangeline.  She was a good character who could have been recast and brought back into the fold.  But I guess the online version will have someone playing Destiny, and then have Shaun (who I don't like at all, but whatever) and Vimal and Rama. 

Yes, I don't get the appeal of Shaun at all, and I'm really not familar enough with Vimal or Rama to comment.   I miss the good old days when The Gannons and Vega's were around.   They really should think about re-invigorating Angel Square, and perhaps recasting the Carlotta Vega role; she used to serve a purpose.     I remember when they introduced her as Dorian's maid and then slowly developed a family for her, that was classic. They need to do that again;  have a minor character we are all familar with become the launching pad for a whole new family.    I don't even know where she went but they could bring back Layla, who at a time was a good character; or they could easily recast Adriana, I mean Melissa Fumero wasn't that special.   

I also think they need to think about restoring Nora's Jewish heritage; remmeber when she was introduced and she was jewish? all of a sudden over the years that part of her heritage was lost.    I'd like to see them re-introduce that part of her.

Lastly, I think they should think about re-introducing some of the lost famalies of "OLTL", like the Wolek's, The Lords, etc.    I mean why couldn't one of Karen Wolek's children emerge on the canvas? They could be ANYBODY; hell, even her grandchildren could show up.

Which reminds me, does Prospect Park own the rights to ALL characters from OLTL and AMC, or just the one's that were on-canvas at the time of the cancellation? Meaning, could they introduce characters from the series past or are they stuck with just those that were on-canvas and with creating new characters?   I mean do they own characters from the 70's, 80's and 90's too?

Feb 12th 2013, 07:11
Hide Post    
offlineEmmyLoser
Hi EmmyLoser,

View Predictions
Yeah, I have no idea how the character rights work.  I worry that with the online format, the shows will be using much smaller casts, and between using the people who were on when the show was cancelled and working on their focus to "go younger," they won't get around to reinvigorating many of the show's historic elements and characters.