Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Feb 9th 2013, 10:48
Hide Post    
offlineJason Travis
Hi Jason Travis,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 43, Posts: 1,175
View Predictions
This year Roger Ebert once again is doing his Outguess Ebert contest for the Oscars, and surprisingly- he figures he probably has them all right, and calls this year too easy to predict. Funny, since we're all saying it's one of the most up in the air years. I know he's not always accurate, but this is an interesting analysis none the less- check it out below:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2013/02/outguess_ebert_in_an_easy_year.html

Experience JasonMovieGuy: http://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy

Follow Me on MoviePilot: http://moviepilot.com/users/1239192&nbs
Feb 9th 2013, 13:22
Hide Post    
offlineJackO
Hi JackO,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 1, Posts: 677
View Predictions
If its one thing I learned this year is that once you think you got it figured out, there is bound to be another curveball thrown. 
Feb 9th 2013, 14:47
Hide Post    
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

Total Topics: 91, Posts: 8,939
View Predictions
I wonder what the reasons were, exactly, with Roger going with Spielberg. Faith? Imo, Spielberg is sitting third, or even fourth right now, behind Lee, Haneke, and Russell. In fact, I wouldnt be that surprised if he finishes last in a dead heat.
On the other hand, it wouldnt surprise me if he wins.  

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White

Feb 9th 2013, 15:38
Hide Post    
onlineDenis
Hi Denis,

Total Topics: 24, Posts: 2,763
View Predictions
So, you wouldn't be surprised by both choices?
You are my very favorite thing. - Walter Bishop
Feb 9th 2013, 19:20
Hide Post    
offlinemsnowden1
Hi msnowden1,

Total Topics: 112, Posts: 2,637
View Predictions
Wow. I think it does all them all right.

R.I.P. The Wrestlemania Streak: March 24, 1991-April 6, 2014

Feb 9th 2013, 19:44
Hide Post    
offlineallabout oscars
Hi allabout oscars,

Total Topics: 1, Posts: 1,396
POOK  dont waver and sit on the fence..you are better than that..
I am "positive" that SPIELBERG wins!!!  LOL
Feb 10th 2013, 07:35
Hide Post    
offlineSxECanadianFanSxE
Hi SxECanadianFanSxE,

Total Topics: 13, Posts: 2,068
View Predictions
Quote by babypook
I wonder what the reasons were, exactly, with Roger going with Spielberg. Faith? Imo, Spielberg is sitting third, or even fourth right now, behind Lee, Haneke, and Russell. In fact, I wouldnt be that surprised if he finishes last in a dead heat.
On the other hand, it wouldnt surprise me if he wins.  

So... basically you're not wrong or surprised unless Benh Zeitlin wins.

Well played, sir. 
It's not a comedy, but Shameless deserves Emmy nominations for series, lead actress (Emmy Rossum), lead actor (William H. Macy), supporting actor (Noel Fisher) and guest actress (Emily Bergl + Joan Cusack). 
Feb 10th 2013, 08:24
Hide Post    
offlinemsnowden1
Hi msnowden1,

Total Topics: 112, Posts: 2,637
View Predictions
Yeah, Spielberg's gonna win, no doubt. He's like the only big name (besides Lee), and he's on a whole other league than the rest of the nominees. 

R.I.P. The Wrestlemania Streak: March 24, 1991-April 6, 2014

Feb 10th 2013, 16:38
Hide Post    
offlineseabel
Hi seabel,

Total Topics: 35, Posts: 831
View Predictions
Watch David O. Russell winning Best Director.
Feb 10th 2013, 17:10
Hide Post    
offlineMayi
Hi Mayi,

Total Topics: 1, Posts: 183
View Predictions
Yes to Ebert voting for Naomi Watts.
Feb 11th 2013, 12:00
Hide Post    
offlineseabel
Hi seabel,

Total Topics: 35, Posts: 831
View Predictions
Ebert voted for Lawrence.
Feb 12th 2013, 01:13
Hide Post    
offlineoscartoday.com
Hi oscartoday.com,

Total Topics: 8, Posts: 139
View Predictions
Does anyone still reads Ebert??? I just want to put him on a scene of AMOUR and leave him there forever!
Feb 12th 2013, 08:06
Hide Post    
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

Total Topics: 91, Posts: 8,939
View Predictions
Aw, poor Roger.

Roger helped make 'critics' part of the mainstream. He helped to legitimize them as a viable profession. Yes; I read him all the time.

Fine fine. I think Roger is wrong about  Spielberg winning. And dont pick on me over Zeitlin. Why dont one of you guys make that kind of unforgettable film and submit it for consideration. O and btw, NO George and NO $$$$ to begin with. Ok? LOL

I'm no fan of Haneke's. I dislike him and his clone, von Trier, immensely. I'd rather see Spielberg, Zeitlin, Lee, or DOR win over this guy.        

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White

Feb 12th 2013, 10:14
Hide Post    
onlineScottferguson
Hi Scottferguson,

Total Topics: 134, Posts: 11,110
View Predictions
I can't think of any two major directors more different than Haneke and von Trier.

And von Trier, though younger, achieved prominence a decade before Haneke so he couldn't be his clone anyway.