Email

Advertisement

Feb 10th 2013, 12:46

Rating: 0/5
(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

eastwest

Total Topics: 104, Posts: 3,149
View Predictions
It's that time of year again! W/voting for the top 10 (except for the younger categories which only had nine entrants) commencing on the 6th, the results will be annouced 2/27. Here are the people up for consideration. Each actor is allowed to submit a 3 min. scene during this round and if they make the top 10, they have the option to change their episode. Each scene selection description is courtesy of Nelson Branco's SoapsUncensored ebook.

LEAD ACTRESS
Susan Flannery (ex-Stephanie, B&B)
Heather Tom (Katie, B&B)
Deidre Hall (Marlena, DAYS)
  • Marlena and Will discuss his dating life at the Salem Pub.
Peggy McCay (Caroline, DAYS)
Finola Hughes (Anna, GH)
Kelly Monaco (Sam, GH)
Kelly Sullivan (Connie/Kate, GH)
Laura Wright (Carly, GH)
Kassie DePaiva (Blair, OLTL)
Sharon Case (Sharon, Y&R)
Jeanne Cooper (Katherine, Y&R)
Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki, Y&R)
Michelle Stafford (Phyllis, Y&R)
LEAD ACTOR
Don Diamont (Bill, B&B)
  • Bill screams at Liam after his son, who dyed his hair, misses his wedding to Hope for a night out on the town with Steffy.
John McCook (Eric, B&B)
  • Eric urges Stephanie to see treatment for her terminal cancer but she refuses.
Ron Moss (ex-Ridge, B&B)
  • With the aid of flashbacks, Ridge recalls his love story with Caroline to Caroline 2.0.
Galen Gering (Rafe, DAYS)
  • Rafe defends kissing Carrie; lashes out at Sami for having grief sex with EJ.
Joseph Mascolo (Stefano, DAYS)
Maurice Benard (Sonny, GH)
Roger Howarth (Todd, GH)
Jason Thompson (Patrick, GH)
Peter Bergman (Jack, Y&R)
Doug Davidson (Paul, Y&R)
Christian LeBlanc (Michael, Y&R)
  • In a conversation with Avery, Michael worries that Lauren is losing it when it comes to Daisy.
Michael Muhney (Adam, Y&R)
Stephen Nichols (ex-Tucker, Y&R)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke, B&B)
Kristolyn Llyod (Dayzee, B&B)
  • At the hospital, Dayzee begs Anthony not to press charges against Marcus for texting and driving; watches in horror as Marcus is arrested.
Judi Evans (Adrienne, DAYS)
Lauren Koslow (Kate, DAYS)
Suzanne Rogers (Maggie, DAYS)
  • Maggie confronts Victor about stealing her eggs, which resulted in Daniel’s birth.
Arianne Zucker (Nicole, DAYS)
Julie Marie Berman (Lulu, GH)
Kassie DePaiva (ex-Blair, GH)
Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis, GH)
Carolyn Hennesy (Diane, GH)
Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth, GH)
Jen Lilley (ex-Maxie, GH)
Lisa LoCicero (Olivia, GH)
Robin Mattson (Heather, GH)
Judith Chapman (Gloria, Y&R)
  • Gloria refuses to back up Tag and Grab for Kevin after Gloworm burns down.
Jessica Collins (Avery, Y&R)
  • In a scene with her dying father, Avery realizes her Dad is a criminal.
Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea, Y&R)
Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe, Y&R)
  • Chloe reassures Kevin that not all is lost after Tucker buys Tag and Grab for absolutely nothing.

SUPPORTING ACTOR
Scott Clifton (Liam, B&B)
  • Liam defines what a real man is to his father, Bill.
Sean Kanan (ex-Deacon, B&B)
  • Deacon tells Katie the truth about Bill’s plot to break up Hope and Liam’s Italian wedding.
Jacob Young (Rick, B&B)
  • Rick proves he’s a real man by walking the Forrester runway in high heels.
Blake Berris (Nick, DAYS)
  • Nick learns Gabi isn’t carrying his baby; suspects it’s Chad’s.
Bryan Dattilo (Lucas, DAYS)
Shawn Christian (Daniel, DAYS)
James Reynolds (Abe, DAYS)
Greg Vaughan (Eric, DAYS)
Bradford Anderson (Spinelli, GH)
Brandon Barash (Johnny, GH)
Sean Kanan (AJ, GH)
Erik Valdez (ex-Trey, GH)
John J. York (Mac, GH)
Dominic Zampronga (Dante, GH)
Robert Adamson (Noah, Y&R)
  • Noah urges Adam to stay away from a mentally-unhinged Sharon.
Jeff Branson (ex-Ronan, Y&R)
Billy Miller (Billy, Y&R)
Peter Porte (ex-Ricky, Y&R)
Greg Rikaart (Kevin, Y&R)
  • Kevin flips out on Chelsea when Tag and Grab goes under.

YOUNGER ACTRESS
Linsey Godfrey (Caroline, B&B)
Kim Matula (Hope, B&B)
Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (Steffy, B&B)
Camila Banus (Gabi, DAYS)
Kate Mansi (Abigail, DAYS)
Kristen Alderson (Starr, GH)
Lindsey Morgan (Kristina, GH)
Haley Pullos (Molly, GH)
Hunter King (Summer, Y&R)

YOUNGER ACTOR
Adam Gregory (Thomas, B&B)
Casey Deidrick (Chad, DAYS)
Chandler Massey (Will, DAYS)
Freddie Smith (Sonny, DAYS)
Chad Duell (Michael, GH)
Tequan Richmond (TJ, GH)
Max Ehrich (Fenmore, Y&R)
Bryton James (Devon, Y&R)
Daniel Polo (Jamie, Y&R) 
Feb 10th 2013, 20:11

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 32, Posts: 1,091
View Predictions
Wow I didn't expect to see Jason Thompson in Lead.  I still hope he wins because his work last year was honestly some of the best ever seen in Daytime history.  

Also surprised to see Roger Howarth in Lead.  I guess he was arguably a Lead Actor on GH last year, but it just seems weird. 

Greg Vaughan?  Why bother?

Feb 10th 2013, 22:17

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,

Boidiva02

Total Topics: 115, Posts: 2,338
View Predictions
According to Nelson Branco the only OLTL actress who submitted was Kassie DePaiva for Lead Actress.   In other news, DePavia also submitted her name in Supporting for GH, for the episode when Blair has to tell Todd that Hope & Cole are dead.     The Big OLTL surprise is that Erika Slezak did not submt her name, for a year she was considered a strong front-runner to win, with her strong episode featuring her memorable speech in the series second to last episode.

A BIG surprise Nelson mentions in his recent E-Book issue is that James Scott from DOOL has opted to NOT submit.   You should consider going over to smashwords and buying his recent issue which contains the fully leaked list of contenders.    Virtually nobody from OLTL submitted, except DePavia, which if you ask me looks desperate.

“In the end, we won’t remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”- Martin Luther King Jr.

Feb 10th 2013, 23:24

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,

eastwest

View Predictions
That is so odd w/KDP going lead and supporting for two different shows. I thought she was phenomenal in that episode for GH, but it is still kind of "really?".

There's no contest in lead actor. Just like Tony Geary last year,  Jason is heads and shoulders above his "competition" (it's not a fair race lol). And speaking of mourning husbands, James Reynolds will wipe the floor w/his competition too if he gets in.
Feb 11th 2013, 07:04

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineEmmyLoser
Hi EmmyLoser,

EmmyLoser

Total Topics: 47, Posts: 2,449
View Predictions
Interesting!  As always, the pre-noms are full of surprises.  I like Jason Thompson in lead, and yes, I think he's got a great chance to win it.  Good for him.  I'm not at all surprised Roger Howarth entered for GH as lead.  Kassie DePaiva going to supporting for GH does surprise me, but I guess why not, right?  That is, after all, the academy's prescribed course of action for guest stars, to enter in supporting.  There you go.  I'm suprised but not shocked James Scott didn't submit.  He doesn't seem like he likes the whole Emmy game.  Or maybe there's a push to get Joe Mascolo a nomination?  I'm surprised to see him in lead, but maybe that left like a less crowded category than supporting.  I'm also surprised there weren't more entries from OLTL, since the reboot could probably stand the publicity of potential Emmy nominations.

Both Christie Clark and Carrie Reed have had their babies. Now bring them back to Salem!

Feb 11th 2013, 11:09

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMorgan_Henard
Hi Morgan_Henard,

Total Topics: 45, Posts: 1,381
I downloaded Nelson Branco's e-book of this, so I won't spoil who all the prenoms are. What I will say is ROBiN MATTSON is in! Her submission is where Heather blackmails Todd from jail. Mattson's biggest competition? A B&B vet who has decided to go Supporting and could easily win in a cakewalk. And couldv'e won in Lead.  
Feb 11th 2013, 11:11

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMorgan_Henard
Hi Morgan_Henard,

Total Topics: 45, Posts: 1,381
Link to Branco's ebook:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/284307  
Feb 11th 2013, 12:35

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,

eastwest

View Predictions
List updated! Will post more info later.
Feb 11th 2013, 14:35

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineThe BC 2.0
Hi The BC 2.0,

The BC 2.0

Total Topics: 7, Posts: 179
View Predictions
Doug Davidson missed the mark.  He should have gone Supporting.
KKL Supporting?  I was thinking that Flannery was the B&B vet.

For Your Emmy Consideration- The Americans and Mad Men (Outstanding Drama Series); Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Outstanding Comedy Series); Inside Amy Schumer & Saturday Night Live (Outstanding Variety, Music, or Comedy Series); The Beatles: The Night That

Feb 11th 2013, 15:47

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineEmmyLoser
Hi EmmyLoser,

EmmyLoser

View Predictions
I like how I don't even know who half those Y&R characters are.

This is disappointing because most of the people I was pulling for didn't submit.  It's especially a bummer in the case Renee Jones, who was superb in her final storyline and really could have competed in supporting.  I also thought Alison Sweeney had a winning episode, and a strong year, so I'm unpleasantly surprised to see her sitting out, especially since Deidre Hall and Peggy McKay don't seem like competitors for those episodes they turned in.  Ah well.  Lauren Koslow, Suzanne Rogers and Arianne Zucker all submitted great episodes, but supporting actress is such a hard category.  Judi Evans submitted one of the funniest scenes from last year, which Kate and Sami tag-teaming Adrienne in the town square.  It's not going to win her anything, but it sure was enjoyable.

Both Christie Clark and Carrie Reed have had their babies. Now bring them back to Salem!

Feb 11th 2013, 16:40

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

Total Topics: 32, Posts: 1,091
View Predictions
After skimming the list it looks like almost everyone picked well, which as we all know, is rare.  Getting excited for this year's race.
Feb 11th 2013, 19:58

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineThe BC 2.0
Hi The BC 2.0,

The BC 2.0

Total Topics: 7, Posts: 179
View Predictions
Here's Who I think will be the Top 10.
(*- Who I think will get in the Top 5, but I could be wrong)

Lead Actress:
Flannery* 
Tom* 
Hall
Hughes
Monaco* 
Sullivan* 
Wright
Case* 
MTS
Stafford

Lead Actor:
McCook* 
Gering
Mascolo* 
Benard* 
Howarth* 
Thompson* 
Bergman
Davidson
Muhney
Nichols

Supporting Actress:
KKL
Evans
Rogers
JMB* 
KDP
NLG* 
Lilley
Mattson* 
Collins* 
MCE* 

Supporting Actor:
Clifton
Berris
Christian
Reynolds* 
Vaughan
Anderson* 
Barash* 
Kanan (for GH)* 
York* 
Porte

SPOILERS:
Branson
Dattilo
Hendrickson
Hennesy
Lloyd
Herbst

Note: If there were MORE than four soaps eligible, this would be a harder task to accomplish. 

For Your Emmy Consideration- The Americans and Mad Men (Outstanding Drama Series); Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Outstanding Comedy Series); Inside Amy Schumer & Saturday Night Live (Outstanding Variety, Music, or Comedy Series); The Beatles: The Night That

Feb 11th 2013, 21:24

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,

eastwest

View Predictions
Looking up these vids completely threw off my day lol (I know I am sad). Hopefully will have a complete list (that's wishful thinking) before the top 10 are announced. But from the official clips and some guess-timation on my part, this is a strong race despite of the 4 soaps eligible. 
Feb 12th 2013, 00:47

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJake
Hi Jake,

Total Topics: 37, Posts: 1,162
View Predictions
KKL as Supporting? Yeah, right. Still, good luck, woman.
Feb 12th 2013, 07:29

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineEmmyLoser
Hi EmmyLoser,

EmmyLoser

View Predictions
I do have to say, even though there are fewer eligible options than usual with only four soaps, the list does kind of show how great the acting on these shows have been lately, as many of these names do seem like strong potential competitors.  It'll be fun watching this play out.  I also didn't realize until last night that Melissa Reeves is also missing from the list, which is a shame because I thought she had some great stuff last year as well, with the election and then losing Jack and battling Nicole.  Both she and Sweeney could have been competitive in lead actress and neither of them submitted.