Option 10: None
Please login to vote!
Feb 10th 2013, 22:30

Rating: 0/5
(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Boidiva02

Total Topics: 122, Posts: 2,445
View Predictions
Same as the OLTL one which character from "AMC" history is most needed on the reboot?

Here is who has already confirmed they are returning:
Darnell Williams (Jesse)
Debbi Morgan (Angie)
Jill Larson (Opal)
Cady McClain (Dixie)
Jordi Vilasuso (Griffin)
Lindsay Hartley (Cara)
Vincent Irrizarry (David)
Thorsten Kaye (Zach)
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."- John Churton Collins
Feb 10th 2013, 22:32

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Boidiva02

View Predictions
This might surprise some people, but I did not vote for Susan Lucci. I actually think in many ways an Erica-less Pine Valley could be a good thing.    I think if you have no Erica the show is open for more realistic stories.   Erica has always been a character the was campy and over-the-top and never really meant for a really gritty story.    I think leaving her out of the equation, especially with La Lucci apparently having already moved on from the project; you can really focus on other stories.  

I want Brooke back first and foremost, Brooke to me was always the heart, soul and moral compass of Pine Valley and you need her to keep others in-line.
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."- John Churton Collins
Feb 10th 2013, 23:20

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,

eastwest

Total Topics: 104, Posts: 3,186
View Predictions
I agree somewhat w/what you said about Erica. I would never dare speak for Susan, but I bet she felt burned by the way she was shamelessly treated in the last ten yrs. of the show's network run (esp. during the final yrs. w/those humiliating storylines and Frons). There was no evolution for the character and besides that horrid cliffhanger for the show, I like how the character ended the same way she began; very ambitious. So I don't think she is needed, especially since it seems like the show is going to be youth oriented w/all of the "children" being SORASed. If they get a good actress in the role of Miranda, the spirit of Erica will live on through the next generation.

Of the list, I voted Brooke too. The casting breakdown that went around for the JR recast had a woman in the scene that sounded a lot like her. And it would make sense to have Brooke being back on canvas w/the other veterans. Runner ups are David Canary and CBL (who made that role her own and made me forget about Riegel). Since David is located there, it would be easy for him to make guest appearences if he wants to. The issue w/CLB is that since they are making Miranda a teen, it would be hard to see her as a mother to one.
Feb 11th 2013, 07:21

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineEmmyLoser
Hi EmmyLoser,

EmmyLoser

Total Topics: 50, Posts: 2,573
View Predictions
I see what you guys are saying, and I don't disagree, but I voted for Lucci.  I just think that she can legitimize this online endeavor in a way that no one else could for AMC or OLTL, because of her name recognition and how synonymous she has been with AMC.  I like the idea of Erica maybe not being a lead character but more like a sage confidante for some of the younger characters.  If they do want to go younger, they could have her be the person some of the kids come to for advice while just maintaining her Erica Kane brand and not being involved in a whole lot of drama. 

Both Christie Clark and Carrie Reed have had their babies. Now bring them back to Salem!

Feb 11th 2013, 09:44

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,

Boidiva02

View Predictions
You have a point EmmyLoser; she could become the new Myrtyle so to speak. Remember when everybody would live in Myrtyle's boarding house? 
Feb 11th 2013, 16:48

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

Total Topics: 33, Posts: 1,144
View Predictions
I picked Greenlee because I have a perpetual crush on Rebecca Budig, but more importantly I really think the show will suffer without a vixen.  The lack of well-characterized vixens has been hurting Daytime soaps for years, and Days is proving my point right now because a major part of the success of Kristen's return is the fact that she fills that gap.  
Feb 11th 2013, 21:22

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,

Boidiva02

View Predictions
The only reason why I didn't pick Greenlee/Budig is that I feel that is one character that has been run into the ground and has been basically destroyed by being forced down our throats for year after year and paired with people that she had ZERO chemistry with.   She can stay away for awhile.  

I really wish that Melissa Claire Egan was available because she was really starting to hit her stride as Annie and I think would be a valuable assett to the show.  She was capable of playing bitchy, sympathetic and everything in-between.   
Feb 12th 2013, 07:16

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineEmmyLoser
Hi EmmyLoser,

EmmyLoser

Total Topics: 50, Posts: 2,573
View Predictions
I do love Rebecca Budig and Greenlee Smythe.  She was my second choice.  I realize that a lot of the story for Greenlee in the last few years of the show was not great, and I didn't like her with Ryan either, but Greenlee has the potential to be a really fantastic character if the writing is there.  I would love to see her as the show's vixen.

Both Christie Clark and Carrie Reed have had their babies. Now bring them back to Salem!

Feb 12th 2013, 16:05

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

Total Topics: 33, Posts: 1,144
View Predictions
Quote by Boidiva02
The only reason why I didn't pick Greenlee/Budig is that I feel that is one character that has been run into the ground and has been basically destroyed by being forced down our throats for year after year and paired with people that she had ZERO chemistry with.   She can stay away for awhile.    

I completely see what you're saying.  If they write Greenlee like how Lorraine Broderick did in 2010 it would do wonders for the show, but if they write her like how D&D did when they took over (and how other writers pre-2010 wrote her) then it basically defeats the purpose.  

Feb 12th 2013, 23:34

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,

Boidiva02

View Predictions
Quote by gdfl
Quote by Boidiva02

I completely see what you're saying.  If they write Greenlee like how Lorraine Broderick did in 2010 it would do wonders for the show, but if they write her like how D&D did when they took over (and how other writers pre-2010 wrote her) then it basically defeats the purpose.  

I think that Greenlee COULD work very well if she is written well. and I think a large part of that will have to do with how they write (or hopefully do not) write Ryan.    Not having Ryan ont he canvas would be a giant step-forward.  I think especially in the last 6-7 years, Ryan became a totally pointless character.   He stopped being likeable and believeable to me sometime around 1998/1999, and it just kept getting worse.     Somewhere along the line the core essence of who Ryan was got lost; he went from a aimless drifter to being some sort of annointed prince that every girl on the canvas fell for.    

I really think it would be wonderful if they kept Ryan off the canvas for a long long time, unless they can find a compelling way to write him. But since Ryan was a large part of why Greenlee became so unlikeable not having him around would help the chances of Greenlee being well-utlizied.