Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Feb 13th 2013, 14:35
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinepacinofan
Hi pacinofan,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 4, Posts: 1,388
View Predictions
Hello Fellow Derbyites!

I am Pacinofan and have been a Goldderby member since 2002.

For the past several years I have collected film grades from Goldderby members and created a list of the films seen by members and ranks them best to worst.  I also have put on a ceremony where I present the Top Ten and Bottom Ten films of the year. Some past top films of the year would include "The Social Network", "WALL-E", "The Hurt Locker", "Persepolis" and last year the film with the highest grade point average was foreign language Oscar winner "A Separation".

This event usually lasted several weeks and from week to week I showed the revised top ten list. I have not had time to do the Rankings this year due to my work schedule but I have received some messages asking me to do it again.

Well I cannot do the full Rankings due to my schedule and the late date but suggest a simplified Goldderby Rankings for 2012. Any Goldderby member with at least fifty posts can send me a Top Ten List and a Bottom Ten List of films for 2012. From these lists I will create Top Ten and Bottom Ten lists for the entire site. Once you send me a list it will be locked so quickly see all the films you want for 2012 that you think could make your top ten. I will not be revising this year so whatever you send me is your final top ten and bottom ten list. Also, commit to just ten films. Do not send me a list with ties. Have the films in order from 1 to 10 so I can rank them. I am using a simple 1 to 10 point system this year.

Oh and please only have films on your top and bottom ten lists that you have actually seen. I cannot prove you have seen or not seen something but please stick to the honor code.

You can post your lists here or send them to me via private message but I hope at least some people send it by PM so the results can be somewhat surprising.

So now it is up to you to last minute watch the most acclaimed and maybe even the lousiest films of the year. I will be accepting lists up until 12:00 AM, 2/23 so I have all of Saturday to put the rankings together. I will post the top ten and bottom ten lists in a ceremony on Sunday 2/24.

So commence sending me your lists!

Thank you.

Pacinofan
Feb 13th 2013, 14:45
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinepacinofan
Hi pacinofan,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

View Predictions
I will post my top ten list because I do not think mine should be secret. I will still have to think of a bottom ten.

When I originally posted a top ten list it was full of ties but I will commit to just ten films.

1) The Master
2) Moonrise Kingdom
3) Amour
4) Lincoln
5) Zero Dark Thirty
6) Skyfall
7) Silver Linings Playbook
8) Django Unchained
9) Sister
10) The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Feb 13th 2013, 14:59
Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

Total Topics: 96, Posts: 10,344
View Predictions
Yes! I was becoming worried that you wouldnt be able to do these. I'll go through my list, pick out my top and bottom ten, and pm you. Fortunately I copied my list of films as I knew that thread would disappear, but I didnt think it would happen until right after the Oscars.

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White

Feb 13th 2013, 15:12
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineScottferguson
Hi Scottferguson,

Scottferguson

Total Topics: 136, Posts: 11,362
View Predictions
Top 10 (slightly changed from original)

1) Zero Dark Thirty

2) Amour

3) The Master

4) Once Upon a Time in Anatolia  

5) The Kid With a Bike

6) Holy Motors

7) Flight

8) The Gatekeepers

9) Killer Joe   

10) Skyfall              

Prefer not to make a 10 worst list.  

Feb 13th 2013, 16:05
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinepacinofan
Hi pacinofan,

View Predictions
Some instructions I need to add.

Your top ten list needs to be in order. My ranking system this year is simple as pie. One to Ten points. That is all.

Also, only list movies you have seen. Just because you heard something was good or you like an actor/director/whatever does not mean you should put it on your top ten list. Also just because you hate an actor/director/what-not does not mean you should have it on your bottom list if you have not seen it. I cannot prove someone has not seen a movie on his or her top or bottom ten lists but let's try and keep to the honor system on that.
Feb 13th 2013, 17:00
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineCAROL-CHANNING
Hi CAROL-CHANNING,

CAROL-CHANNING

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 971
View Predictions
My Favorites of the year:

1. Beasts of the Southern Wild
2. Cabin in the Woods
3. Argo
4. Django Unchained
5. Les Miserables
6. Wreck It Ralph
7. 21 Jump Street
8. Amour
9. The Master
10. Silver Linings Playbook 
Feb 13th 2013, 17:25
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinemk
Hi mk,

Total Topics: 1, Posts: 128
View Predictions
It's really nice of you to take time to do this, so thx to you.
Here's my top 10:

1.Django Unchained
2.Rust & Bone
3.Argo
4.Skyfall
5.Holy Motors
6.Life of Pi
7.The Master
8.The Painting
9.Lincoln
10.Zero Dark Thirty
Feb 13th 2013, 17:25
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineoscartoday.com
Hi oscartoday.com,

oscartoday.com

Total Topics: 8, Posts: 139
View Predictions
1. Argo 2. Zero Dark Thirty 3. Lincoln 4. Tabu 5. Beasts of the Southern Wild 6. Silver Linings Playbook 7. The Hobbit 8. Moonrise Kingdom 9. Amour 10. Django Unchained
Feb 14th 2013, 11:52
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTyler G
Hi Tyler G,

Tyler G

Total Topics: 22, Posts: 440
View Predictions
I'll post mine this weekend after I finally see Amour. :)

But my Bottom 10 is:
1. Project X
2. Dark Shadows
3. Casa di me Padre
4. The Paperboy
5. Being Flynn
6. People Like Us
7. Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie
8. Devil Inside
9. The Babymakers
10. Lola Versus

Feb 14th 2013, 13:05
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineNoirJo
Hi NoirJo,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 55
View Predictions
This is my top 10:

01. Tabu (Miguel Gomes)
02. Amour (Michael Haneke)
03. Holy Motors (Leos Carax)
04. Once Upon a Time in Anatolia (Nuri Bilge Ceylan)
05. The Turin Horse (Bela Tarr)
06. This Is Not a Film (Jafar Panahi) 
07. Almayer's Folly (Chantal Akerman)
08. The Day He Arrives (Hong Sangsoo)
09. Two Years at Sea (Ben Rivers)
10. The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson)

Honorable Mention:
11. The Deep Blue Sea (Terrence Davies)
12. The Kid with a Bike (Jean-Pierre Dardenne, Luc Dardenne)
13. Elena (Andrey Zvyagintsev)
14. In Another Country (Hong Sangsoo)
15. Barbara (Christian Petzold) 
16. Moonrise Kingdom (Wes Anderson)

Feb 14th 2013, 13:11
Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

View Predictions

Are you still applying the "there must be five votes" for a film rule?

Feb 14th 2013, 13:16
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinepacinofan
Hi pacinofan,

View Predictions
Quote by NoirJo
This is my top 10:

01. Tabu (Miguel Gomes)
02. Amour (Michael Haneke)
03. Holy Motors (Leos Carax)
04. Once Upon a Time in Anatolia (Nuri Bilge Ceylan)
05. The Turin Horse (Bela Tarr)
06. This Is Not a Film (Jafar Panahi) 
07. Almayer's Folly (Chantal Akerman)
08. The Day He Arrives (Hong Sangsoo)
09. Two Years at Sea (Ben Rivers)
10. The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson)

Honorable Mention:
11. The Deep Blue Sea (Terrence Davies)
12. The Kid with a Bike (Jean-Pierre Dardenne, Luc Dardenne)
13. Elena (Andrey Zvyagintsev)
14. In Another Country (Hong Sangsoo)
15. Barbara (Christian Petzold) 
16. Moonrise Kingdom (Wes Anderson)

The only requirement for this event is that a member have 50 posts. You currently have 37 so you are very close. As long as you get to 50 posts by the deadline your votes will be counted.
Feb 14th 2013, 13:27
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinepacinofan
Hi pacinofan,

View Predictions
Quote by babypook

Are you still applying the "there must be five votes" for a film rule?

All I am doing this year is making a top ten and bottom ten list for 2012. What makes those lists will depend on points.

The points will be doled based on placement on the top ten or bottom ten list.

For the top ten...

1- 10 pts
2- 9
3- 8
4- 7
5- 6
6- 5
7- 4
8- 3
9- 2
10- 1

Whatever films end up with the ten highest amount of points will be on the group top ten.

Points for the bottom ten will be doled at as...

1- 1pt
2- 2
3- 3
and so on

Whatever films have the ten lowest amount of points will be on the bottom ten list.

These two lists are separate. Votes for one will not affect the other this year so potentially a filnm could be on both lists. I could see a love-it-or-hate-it film like "Les Miserables" make both.
Feb 14th 2013, 13:30
Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

View Predictions
Are you saying that the bottom ten are ranked from 1-10 with 1 getting the fewest points and ten getting 10? Because, if this is the case, I messed up. The order (mine) should be reversed for the bottom ten. But the top ten is correct. Lol. Also I wasnt sure about Tabu receiving the requisite number of votes so I left it off. Too late to edit my top ten?

Feb 14th 2013, 13:51
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinepacinofan
Hi pacinofan,

View Predictions

Rank your Top Ten with the best film at #1 and the least of the ten films at #10.

Rank your Bottom Ten with the worst film at #1 and the least objectionable of the ten at #10.