Never miss important news and predictions on Oscars, Golden Globes, Grammys, Emmys and your fave reality TV shows.
facebookLike twitterFollow
pop up close

Notification Tool : The Official General Hospital Thread
Follow what's new with:
The Official General Hospital Thread
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Sep 28th 2011, 18:48

Rating: 0/5
(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 32, Posts: 1,070
View Predictions

So I am giving up any expectation that Wolf's GH is going to differ from Guza's GH, but I still like it overall.

I miss the days of when I used to like JMB.  She has become so predictable and so underwhelming.  

Kelly Sullivan gets better and better everyday.  Today she effortlessly stole the scene from Lisa LoCicero, and matched strides with Daytime greats like Nancy Lee Grahn and Laura Wright.  And she has an amazing smile.

I am happy that people are calling Carly out, but it is starting to get overdone.  Half the fun of Carly was her dishing out the hypocrisy and it feels weird that she is always on the receiving end these days.  It is good if they are doing it to help mature her character, they just need to speed it up because it is on its way to feeling forced.

Sep 29th 2011, 04:37

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineOLTLfan
Hi OLTLfan,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 10, Posts: 216
View Predictions

I really think suddenly making Kate a leading lady again is a mistake. If they had reintroduced her to the canvas a little more slowly maybe it wouldn't be so jarring. Kate was too front-burner for a year, way too back-burnered for three years and now suddenly too front-burner again. And I don't remember her being such a fan-favorite that her return would increase ratings.  I'd much rather they keep Sonny single for a while and let him solve all his own problems for once and actually grow as a character. 

Oct 11th 2011, 19:03

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
Today was a pretty good example of why I think Kate needed to be recast.  I can picture Megan Ward doing a satisfactory job of those scenes, but Kelly Sullivan did it in a way that was much more believable.  Ward was acceptable as the stuck up Kate, but Sullivan does that equally well and captures the street-smart Connie aspect better.  

I have mixed feelings about Garin's Carly.  Other than his first week or two, Carly has been written as a nusance the way that she was written around 2007.  But the way she justified her relationship with Jason to Shawn and carried on her antics today was a glimpse of more classic Carly.  And I am declaring Laura Wright as incapable of having a bad hair day.

Do not like Sonny, do not like Michael, do not see the point of resurrecting Lisa.  

Oct 13th 2011, 18:48

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,

eastwest

Total Topics: 104, Posts: 3,134
View Predictions
If this show had the type of storytelling structure OLTL incorporates, it would be on fire. The show has the best actors, but nothing is going on w/the stories. Garin Wolf is nothing but a cheap imitation of Guza, but w/o the vision. Say what you want about Guza, but you always knew, for better and worsrt, that you were watching a low-rent mob opera.
Oct 17th 2011, 18:13

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
Why is Carly being written as a wimp?  Daytime's fiercest bulldozer has been on the defensive since Garin Wolf took over as HW.  Not impressed.  Actually the show has been pretty unimpressive overall for the last two weeks or so.  But the little girl who plays Josslyn is a scene stealer.  She and Laura Wright have a fun onscreen dynamic.

Oct 19th 2011, 18:40

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
LOL at Carly assuming the honeymoon suite would have more than one bed, and how easily she agreed to taking over the bedroom with Josslyn.  And the way Steve Burton started the episode in typical Jason mode, then seamlessly transitioned to Jason scolding Carly yet again for not following his instructions, and ending with the look on his face when he saw Josslyn and Sam at the end reminded me of why he is one of my favourite actors.  It was not flashy writing by any means, but Steve created a layered performance out of filler material, and made the whole thing look effortless.  
Oct 21st 2011, 15:30

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
I get that she is pregnant, but I wish Vanessa Marcil was still around if they insist on keeping this show all about Sonny.  The only time Maurice Benard comes close to tolerable is when he is with her.  He could have easily made something out of today as Sonny talked about his childhood, but instead we got an uninspired performance, which looked even worse thanks to Kelly Sullivan putting her best foot forward.  Speaking of the latter, I find her incredibly charming (and attractive), and she was so natural as Kate in conversation reflected on her past, pondered her current conflicted feelings, and flirted.

Oct 24th 2011, 16:23

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
Garin Wolf has a new co-HW.  What do we think about this?

Courtesly of DC
Soap Opera Digest
 is reporting Emmy-award winning writer Shelly Altman has been bumped to co-head writer on General Hospital. Altman, a 16-year verteran of daytime, previously wrote for Another World from 1995-1999 and continued on to One Life to Live from 2001-2011. Altman was hiredat GH in Aug. 2011. In 2008, Altman won a Daytime Emmy award alongside the writing team of OLTL and netted Best Writing nominations from the Writers Guild Of America.

Oct 24th 2011, 16:31

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,

eastwest

Total Topics: 104, Posts: 3,134
View Predictions
She pretty much got Ron Carlivati's job. And in other news, Katie Couric show has been given GH's timeslot in 60% of the country. Like I keep on saying, see you on the internet GH!
Oct 25th 2011, 06:40

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineEmmyLoser
Hi EmmyLoser,

EmmyLoser

Total Topics: 46, Posts: 2,371
View Predictions
I always worry about the way shows just exchange writers, because the shows are sometimes so different.  But it's not like she was headwriter for AW or OLTL, and she's been at GH a little while, and based on the comments I've read, Garin Wolf might benefit from a co-headwriter.  So hopefully it'll be good.

Katie Couric may appear to be getting GH's timeslot, but I'm still holding out hope that The Revolution won't last very long.  The Chew at least sounded to me like something I might want to watch, but The Revolution just sounds like a drag.

Both Christie Clark and Carrie Reed have had their babies. Now bring them back to Salem!

Oct 31st 2011, 18:19

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
Nancy Lee Grahn is awesome and Kelly Sullivan is a rockstar.  For NLG, I never liked her as a lead actress for this show, but she is highly effective as currently written and it is a good fit for the character of Alexis too.  For Kelly, maintaining her dignity through those scenes would have been impressive enough, but she turned it into a layered character developing performance.  
Nov 4th 2011, 19:11

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
The feel of the show has been different for the past two days, and I like the change even though I cannot quite describe it.  I really liked the slightly intoxicated Carly reflecting at Jakes because it made it seem as if the character had actually matured and developed over the years even though the changes in the character were basically due to which actress was portraying her at that point in time.  Got my gripes too of course: a) Dante and Lulu have to be the most boring and unlikeable characters on Daytime right now, b) so sad to see Lexi Ainsworth go, c) I like Steve Burton and I like James Franco but this is not working, and d) there was no reason to have Carly drunk at Jakes because she would have behaved the same way sober anyway and that actually would have been more fun.  But overall it has been a good couple of days, and love all things Laura Wright especially the Carly/Luke scenes on Thursday (11/3).  

Nov 14th 2011, 16:25

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
GH is really good at writing dialogue for characters in different story lines reflecting on the similarities of their current situations.  I especially liked Luke telling Sonny to be alone today, and I liked the Kate and Johnny scenes too though Kate's position about owning her past seemed forced.  

Carly having no idea Friday was Veteran's Day was a pleasant surprise in how realistic it was, though I hate that Shawn is basically Jax in casual wear.  I think a torrid affair between Shawn and Carly would have been a better way to go for these characters.

With the exception of the last year or so, I have never liked Kelly Monaco, and this Franco bit with Sam reminds me of why.  Firstly the writing is totally contrived, and KMo's performances are just not connecting with me.  It does not help that Steve Burton is outshining her at times.  She is good, but other actresses have played the same story much better.

And lastly, why is there a new flirty psycho doctor around when we just sunk (literally) one?  And especially given that Brianna Brown was such a scene stealer and this one is ... not.

Nov 23rd 2011, 16:51

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
Loved Tracy aiming her bitchery at Jason and Sam today. 
Dec 4th 2011, 07:08

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
Carly/Shawn's dialogue about Franco on Thursday was almost word-for-word the same as Brenda/Jason's dialogue about The Balkan earlier this year.  Sigh.  Ron C cannot arrive fast enough.