Notification Tool : Which Grammy categories need to be created or brought back ?
Follow what's new with:
Which Grammy categories need to be created or brought back ?
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Feb 17th 2013, 12:37
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMarcus222
Hi Marcus222,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 285
View Predictions
Even though a lot of the Grammy categories have been cut to "increase competition", an increase of competition just means that only the Grammy favorites and the most popular songs are guaranteed to be nominated and win every time.

In Your opinion, which categories should be brought back, which ones need to be created, and which ones should be elminated ?

Feb 17th 2013, 13:14
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineshawnigans
Hi shawnigans,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

shawnigans

Total Topics: 1, Posts: 27
View Predictions
They seriously need to go back to having pop male and pop female categories. There's just way too much competition in that field each year. I thought it was absurd they combined it to begin with.
Feb 17th 2013, 14:12
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJames Otto Sweet Heart
Hi James Otto Sweet Heart,

James Otto Sweet Heart

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 690
View Predictions
To me, the awards for Best Country Collaboration and Instrumental need to be brought back.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Listen to my most favorite male singer here sometime y'all! His name is James Otto!

Feb 17th 2013, 14:21
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineKaRol
Hi KaRol,

Total Topics: 10, Posts: 583
View Predictions
needs to be created:
-Best Pop Song
-Best Alternative Performance & Song

needs to be eliminated:
-Best Traditional R&B Performance (no other field have such category...)
-Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album (no other field have such category... maybe there should be Best Cover Album or sth?)
-Best Country Duo,Group or Collaboration
-Best Pop/Duo Group Performance
-Best Rap/Sung Collaboration

maybe Grammys should go the Emmys' road and have 6 nominees in each category?
Feb 17th 2013, 14:45
Hide Post  Hide Post  
online24Emmy
Hi 24Emmy,

24Emmy

Total Topics: 173, Posts: 4,876
View Predictions

Why isn't there a pop song category? The other major genres have one.

"Thank you. Oh man. This might be the one time I'm speechless." -- Robin Williams (RIP)

Feb 17th 2013, 14:45
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTV12
Hi TV12,

TV12

Total Topics: 54, Posts: 1,971
View Predictions
There should be separate categories for Country, Pop, and R&B Group Performances and Collaborative Performances. Groups are being overshadowed by collabs like Florence and the Machine. And eliminate all of the rap categories unless the Recording Academy chooses to reward artists outside of Jay and 'ye, of which there are many. Get rid of Traditional R&B Performance and Urban Contemporary Album. Also add Pop Song.

...or nah?

Feb 17th 2013, 14:47
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinemsnowden1
Hi msnowden1,

msnowden1

Total Topics: 115, Posts: 2,899
View Predictions
Bring back Best Classical Album. They know that a classical album will never be nominated for Album of the Year! It'll never happen!
"What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong."- Robin Williams
Feb 17th 2013, 15:20
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJames Otto Sweet Heart
Hi James Otto Sweet Heart,

James Otto Sweet Heart

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 690
View Predictions
Quote by KaRolMialski
needs to be eliminated:
-Best Country Duo,Group or Collaboration

If that award were to be done away with, that would single out the several acts in country music who are not soloists.

Lady Antebellum
Rascal Flatts
The Band Perry
Zac Brown band
Eli Young Band
Little Big Town
Sugarland
Montgomery Gentry
Love & Theft
Thompson Square
Florida Georgia Line
Big & Rich

Those acts are just the beginning. The fact that duos and groups have to compete against one another is already enough.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Listen to my most favorite male singer here sometime y'all! His name is James Otto!

Feb 17th 2013, 15:23
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineLexMG
Hi LexMG,

LexMG

Total Topics: 10, Posts: 727
View Predictions
Quote by tuckerv
There should be separate categories for Country, Pop, and R&B Group Performances and Collaborative Performances. Groups are being overshadowed by collabs like Florence and the Machine.

For the record, Florence + The Machine has never won a single grammy. But I completely understand your point, collaborations and groups NEED to be seperated. Same with Pop Solo to male and female, as well as the addition of Pop Song.  

Feb 17th 2013, 16:55
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinetorontophenom
Hi torontophenom,

torontophenom

Total Topics: 1, Posts: 348
View Predictions
I've said it for many years that there should be a Best Pop Song of the Year category. All the other genre's have one and so should the Pop field. What about another General Field category like Best Artist of the Year?
Feb 17th 2013, 17:14
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAtypical
Hi Atypical,

Atypical

Total Topics: 122, Posts: 8,558
View Predictions
Any of the categories that used to be divided by gender. They shouldn't have been disbanded to begin with.

I wouldn't mind a "Pop Song" category. I'd also like to see the Urban/Alternative Category brought back. Too many good songs are falling through the cracks there.

Feb 17th 2013, 17:16
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineGucci
Hi Gucci,

Gucci

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 9,263
View Predictions
- Bring back the genre performance categories (i.e. Best Female R&B Vocal Performance)
- Best Inspirational Performance
- Best Urban/Alternative Performance   
Feb 17th 2013, 17:37
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTV12
Hi TV12,

TV12

Total Topics: 54, Posts: 1,971
View Predictions
Quote by Lex4589
Quote by tuckerv
There should be separate categories for Country, Pop, and R&B Group Performances and Collaborative Performances. Groups are being overshadowed by collabs like Florence and the Machine.

For the record, Florence + The Machine has never won a single grammy. But I completely understand your point, collaborations and groups NEED to be seperated. Same with Pop Solo to male and female, as well as the addition of Pop Song.  

What I meant, and I get that it wasn't clear, is that Florence should've won this year as a Group but were overshadowed by a Collab (Gotye & Kimbra). I know Florence doesn't have a Grammy and that, my friend, is a crime.

...or nah?

Feb 17th 2013, 18:10
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineTry Again
Hi Try Again,

Try Again

Total Topics: 13, Posts: 502
View Predictions
This is how I would organize the fields 

Pop
-Pop Female
-Pop Male
-Pop Group
-Pop Collaboration
-Pop Song
-Pop Vocal album

R&B
-R&B Female
-R&B Male
-R&B Duo or Group/Collaboration
-R&B Song
-R&B Album
-Urban/Contemporary Album

Country
-Country Female
-Country Male
-Country Duo or Group
-Country Collaboration
-Country Song
-Country Album

Rap
-Rap Solo Performance
-Rap/Sung Collaboration
-Rap duo or Group
-Rap Song
-Rap Album

Rock
-Rock Solo
-Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Performance
-Rock Instrumental Performance
-Rock Duo or Group/Collaboration
-Rock Song
-Rock Album

I was thinking creating a separate Traditional Field
-Traditional Performance (Cominbed all the generes)
-Traditional Vocal Album  
Feb 17th 2013, 18:12
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMax 2.0
Hi Max 2.0,

Max 2.0

Total Topics: 6, Posts: 2,340
View Predictions
I like it more female and male combined. It makes it more competitive.
"I don't need to be on top to know I'm worth it, because I'm strong enough to know the truth. I just want it to be hot, because I'm best when I'm in love, and I'm in love with you."