Notification Tool : Who needs to give their Oscar to Glenn Close?
Follow what's new with:
Who needs to give their Oscar to Glenn Close?
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Who needs to give their Oscar to Glenn Close?
Jessica Lange - Frances - (The World According to Garp)
Linda Hunt - The Year of Living Dangerously - (The Big Chill)
Peggy Ashcroft - A Passage to India - (The Natural)
Cher - Moonstruck - (Fatal Attraction)
Jodie Foster - The Accused - (Dangerous Liaisons)
Meryl Streep - The Iron Lady - (Albert Nobbs)
No one. Ms. Close should stay rightfully Oscarless.
Please login to vote!
Feb 20th 2013, 07:13

Rating: 0/5
(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineGreg A.
Hi Greg A.,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Greg A.

Total Topics: 82, Posts: 223
View Predictions
What does Glenn Close deserve?
Feb 20th 2013, 09:03

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineA Person
Hi A Person,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

A Person

Total Topics: 12, Posts: 1,556
View Predictions
Jessica Lange should be up there for Tootsie, not Frances.
Feb 20th 2013, 09:20

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineWill
Hi Will,

Will

Total Topics: 7, Posts: 224
View Predictions
Glenn Close should've been a 3-time Oscar winner by now. She should've easily won for Fatal Attraction, Dangerous Liaisons  and Albert Nobbs. 

Feb 20th 2013, 09:27

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJayDF
Hi JayDF,

JayDF

Total Topics: 32, Posts: 943
View Predictions
None of them...I never rank Close higher than #4 any year she was nominated...ranked 4th in 1983, 1988 & 2011...5th in 1982, 1984 & 1987.
Feb 20th 2013, 09:39

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineGhostOrchid
Hi GhostOrchid,

GhostOrchid

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 938
View Predictions
Well, it's just a "game", so I picked 1987.
I really don't mind Cher's win at all, but lord, Glenn acted the hell out in FA. Such a crazy bitch!
Of course the Academy wouldn't dare to reward it. *gg*
Runner up would be 1982 and 1988 (although in that year I'd have voted for Meryl for A Cry in the Dark).
I have not seen The Natural, but in no way she was going to win for The Big Chill or Albert Knoobs, that's for sure. Sorry Glenn....
"My work is for sale, my life.... not."
Feb 20th 2013, 09:59

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineunsunganthem
Hi unsunganthem,

unsunganthem

Total Topics: 7, Posts: 846
View Predictions
I think I'll have to go win 1987 also. Nothing against Cher, but Close was terrifyingly brilliant!
"Anxiety, nightmares and a nervous breakdown, there's only so many traumas a person can withstand until they take to the streets and start screaming."
Feb 20th 2013, 14:46

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBaby Clyde
Hi Baby Clyde,

Baby Clyde

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 1,006
View Predictions

It's a real shame she doesn't have an Oscar but I don't think she was the best in any year. There are certainly times when the person who won shouldn't have but there is still a superior performance than Glenn's in the lineup.

If I had to give her one win it would be 1988 but she doesn't really come close in any of the others.  
Feb 20th 2013, 15:41

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineAnthony
Hi Anthony,

Anthony

Total Topics: 2, Posts: 628
View Predictions
I voted for Cher, who was definitely charming in the wonderful Moonstruck but Glenn Close was truly terrifying and brilliant in Fatal Attraction.

Amongst her nominations, I would rank her 2nd in 1982; 4th or 5th in 1983, 5th in 1984, and then 2nd in 1988. As for her work in Albert Nobbs, I actually may even give her the win for that too, but it is still so recent and I want to watch a couple of the performances again from that category to make a more firm decision. 
Feb 20th 2013, 15:51

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinemsnowden1
Hi msnowden1,

msnowden1

Total Topics: 118, Posts: 2,972
View Predictions
Jessica Lange won for Tootsie, not Frances.
"What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong."- Robin Williams
Feb 20th 2013, 16:05

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineFishbiscuit
Hi Fishbiscuit,

Fishbiscuit

Total Topics: 6, Posts: 1,123
View Predictions
As much as I love Foster's work in The Accused Close was miles better in Liaisons. 
That's a shame
Aug 29th 2013, 15:17

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineBeau S.
Hi Beau S.,

Beau S.

Total Topics: 173, Posts: 2,566
View Predictions
Cher
Aug 30th 2013, 03:01

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
Hi ,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 0
Foster in The Accused, they wouldve give the oscar to glenn, if they know jodie will win again in a much more deserving performance from the silence of the lambs
Aug 30th 2013, 06:43

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMalickFanboy
Hi MalickFanboy,

MalickFanboy

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 2,132
View Predictions
No queston.....Cher!

Aug 30th 2013, 10:20

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinevlaxym
Hi vlaxym,

Total Topics: 4, Posts: 225
View Predictions
No one. Ms Close should stay rightfully Oscarless. :) But i wouldn't mind if she won for Garp.
Aug 30th 2013, 19:53

(0 vote(s) cast)

Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinebabypook
Hi babypook,

babypook

Total Topics: 101, Posts: 10,969
View Predictions
One of my favorite Close perfs is Reversal of Fortune, for which she was overlooked for a nomination. I'm still unsure as to how she recieved one for The Natural. She's ethereal, but I'm not convinced she should have gotten a nomination for it.

I wouldnt take away any of those Oscar wins from those fabulous ladies and their iconic perfs.  Still, I'd love to see Glenn win one. She's fabulous.

The Sunne in Splendour; I prefer my Roses White