Notification Tool : Shocking! Michelle Stafford Leaving Y&R!
Follow what's new with:
Shocking! Michelle Stafford Leaving Y&R!
Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

May 20th 2013, 13:40
Hide Post    
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 108, Posts: 2,243
View Predictions
http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/05/20/shocker-michelle-stafford-out-at-the-young-and-the-restless

Daytime Confidential is reporting that Michelle Stafford is leaving "Y&R"... no doubt this is a Phelps decision... I called it the SECOND she was hired for Y&R, I knew Michelle was toast....  JFP HATES red-heads... she fired the actresst that played Frankie on AW (Who had red hair), she fired Robin Strasser from OLTL (who has red hair), she fired Jackie Zeman from GH (who has red hair!).... now it's poor Michelle's turn.

“In the end, we won’t remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”- Martin Luther King Jr.

May 20th 2013, 13:48
Hide Post    
offline24Emmy
Hi 24Emmy,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 164, Posts: 4,425
View Predictions
Why fire someone with 9 Daytime Emmy nominations and 2 wins?

FYC: Shameless

May 20th 2013, 14:29
Hide Post    
offlineEmmyLoser
Hi EmmyLoser,

Total Topics: 38, Posts: 2,053
View Predictions
I guess going brunette didn't help Michelle! 

Honestly, this is quite surprising to me.  I know Boidiva you had said Stafford would be in trouble with JFP because she's a redhead and over 40, but it still seems insane to me that anyone would get rid of Michelle Stafford.  Maybe it's not true, as neither she nor the show has confirmed it.  If she is out, I can see her getting offers from at least one of the other three soaps pretty quickly. 

Wishful casting anyone?  It may sound a little odd, but I wouldn't mind her on DAYS as Billie.  Then former BFFs Billie and Kristen could have a huge falling out and we could get awesome scenes of Stafford and Eileen Davidson duking it out!

Both Christie Clark and Carrie Reed have had their babies. Now bring them back to Salem!

May 20th 2013, 15:23
Hide Post    
onlineFishBiscuit
Hi FishBiscuit,

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 1,015
View Predictions
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but the Robin Christoper recast idea is not a bad one.    
May 20th 2013, 16:15
Hide Post    
offlineashmores
Hi ashmores,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 112
View Predictions
MS deserves primetime.
May 20th 2013, 16:27
Hide Post    
offline24Emmy
Hi 24Emmy,

Total Topics: 164, Posts: 4,425
View Predictions
^ Not a bad idea, maybe a soap on a cable network.

FYC: Shameless

May 20th 2013, 17:08
Hide Post    
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,

View Predictions
I see Michelle quickly joining GH or a cable drama like Army Wives.

“In the end, we won’t remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”- Martin Luther King Jr.

May 20th 2013, 17:11
Hide Post    
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,

View Predictions
My only concern or reason she may not join another soap would be her salary. I'm not sure another soap would be able to afford her.

Maybe this will pave the way for Victoria Rowell to return?

May 20th 2013, 18:39
Hide Post    
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

Total Topics: 28, Posts: 971
View Predictions
This is shocking. So many things could still be written for Phyllis, and Michelle can play almost any story line, so you would think they would want to keep her. I thought JFP would be good for Phyllis because Phyllis is essentially the Carly Corinthos equivalent for Y&R, but I guess not. Anyway I love Robin Christopher, but can't see JFP hiring her since she barley used her on GH (plus Robin strikes me more as Diane Jenkins than Phyllis Summers). I think Jamie Luner could re-energize the character though.
May 20th 2013, 19:38
Hide Post    
onlineFishBiscuit
Hi FishBiscuit,

Total Topics: 5, Posts: 1,015
View Predictions
Quote by Boidiva02

Maybe this will pave the way for Victoria Rowell to return?

Keep on dreamin  
May 20th 2013, 22:00
Hide Post    
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,

View Predictions
gdfl,

Jamie Luner is exactly who I thought of for a Phyliss recast.   She would fit that role perfectly...

But Phyliss maybe needs to take a break for awhile...

May 21st 2013, 07:07
Hide Post    
offlineEmmyLoser
Hi EmmyLoser,

Total Topics: 38, Posts: 2,053
View Predictions
I like the idea of Jamie Lunar or Robin Christopher as a Phyllis recast if they're looking for one, but as insane as firing Michelle Stafford seems, it seems even more insane to fire Michelle Stafford without at least the cover of pretending it's storyline dictated and taking the character off screen for a bit.  I feel like recasting right away would just be a whole lot of bad soap industry juju. 

Both Christie Clark and Carrie Reed have had their babies. Now bring them back to Salem!

May 21st 2013, 10:47
Hide Post    
offlineThe BC 2.0
Hi The BC 2.0,

Total Topics: 6, Posts: 163
View Predictions
Quote by Boidiva02
http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/05/20/shocker-michelle-stafford-out-at-the-young-and-the-restless

Daytime Confidential is reporting that Michelle Stafford is leaving "Y&R"... no doubt this is a Phelps decision... I called it the SECOND she was hired for Y&R, I knew Michelle was toast....  JFP HATES red-heads... she fired the actresst that played Frankie on AW (Who had red hair), she fired Robin Strasser from OLTL (who has red hair), she fired Jackie Zeman from GH (who has red hair!).... now it's poor Michelle's turn.

Don't forget Ellen Parker who played Maureen on GL. 

For Your Emmy Consideration- The Americans and The Newsroom (Outstanding Drama Series) 

May 21st 2013, 12:58
Hide Post    
offlineBoidiva02
Hi Boidiva02 ,

View Predictions
OMG! How could I forget Ellen Parker as Maureen!  

May 21st 2013, 17:02
Hide Post    
offlinesyrus80
Hi syrus80,

Total Topics: 21, Posts: 223
View Predictions
Did JFP lose a boyfriend to a redhead?

Isn't Robin Christopher over 40 and a redhead?

Good riddance to Michelle. She and CLB are overrated. I hope Christine is involved in Phyllis' exit.
And the Oscar goes to...Kim Kardashian!