Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Jan 5th, 19:43
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineFinal2
Hi Final2,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Final2

Total Topics: 7, Posts: 815
View Predictions
I think that if the main artist is a rapper then the song belongs in rap/song collaboration but if the main artist is a singer like Rihanna or Robin Thicke a pop song doesn't belong in the Rap field like Umbrella or Blurred Lines.
ST.Michael Defend Us in Battle
Jan 8th, 15:20
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineneverkneel
Hi neverkneel,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

neverkneel

Total Topics: 2, Posts: 180
View Predictions
I think Katy Perry will come back to Pop Solo Performance with Walking on Air.

I wonder Adele's and Lana Del Rey's albums. Grammy showed that they recognized LDR. Can she get a nomination for Pop Solo with her next album?

Ed Sheeran's album releasing date is set on October. Beside Emeli Sande's next album is coming.
Jan 9th, 13:34
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinevinny
Hi vinny,

vinny

Total Topics: 7, Posts: 9,421
View Predictions

These are my guesses:

1) Eminem is going to get the 2nd most nominations.
2) Adele will lead the pack.
3) Lana Del Rey will get snubbed. 
4) Ed Sheeran will get some nominations.
5) Toni Braxton & Babyface will get some nominations.
6) Katy Perry will WIN Pop Solo
7) The Fray will get nominated.       

Jan 12th, 03:31
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineRichardAniston
Hi RichardAniston,

Total Topics: 6, Posts: 172
View Predictions
Bastille could do some damage at next year's Grammys. Pompeii will likely get a Pop Duo/Group nod and maybe ROTY and SOTY nods. BNA is also in the cards for them.
Jan 12th, 13:25
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineKaRol
Hi KaRol,

Total Topics: 10, Posts: 566
View Predictions
Quote by RichardAniston
Bastille could do some damage at next year's Grammys. Pompeii will likely get a Pop Duo/Group nod and maybe ROTY and SOTY nods. BNA is also in the cards for them.

Pompeii was submitted this year.
Jan 12th, 13:35
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineRenaton
Hi Renaton,

Renaton

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 7,495
View Predictions
Aloe Blacc? If "The Man" finds longevity... 
Jan 12th, 14:48
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineoutsider
Hi outsider,

Total Topics: 23, Posts: 1,459
View Predictions
Those are good suggestions.

"Pompeii" seems to be crossing over. Bastille's upcoming performance on "Saturday Night Live" will probably elevate their profile. The song might not be eligible but it certainly helps when it comes to a Best New Artist nomination.

Aloe Blacc could also be a contender. He had a huge hit with "Wake Me Up" but apparently Avicii refuses to be a David Guetta or Calvin Harris and he has to be credited solo, so Aloe Blacc's name didn't get the mainstream exposure he deserved. Maybe the industry noticed his talent?
Jan 14th, 11:40
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineRenaton
Hi Renaton,

Renaton

Total Topics: 17, Posts: 7,495
View Predictions
Aloe Blacc is second on iTunes for a solo song, so I wouldn't say he got no mainstream exposure, it just took a bit longer to happen.
Jan 14th, 19:57
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineFinal2
Hi Final2,

Final2

View Predictions
If "Love Me Again" gets big maybe a BNA nod for John Newman????????
Jan 20th, 07:58
Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlinesmurty1
Hi smurty1,

smurty1

Total Topics: 1, Posts: 165
View Predictions
Would the Frozen soundtrack or "Let It Go" be eligible for general field nominations next year? 
Jan 20th, 09:57
Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineLove Locs
Hi Love Locs,

Love Locs

Total Topics: 74, Posts: 1,570
View Predictions
Aretha Franklin Recording Album of Classics From Fellow Iconic Female Singers

ranklin is working on a "concept" album with Babyface, Don Was and Clive Davis. "They're records that, musically, I respected and that I liked a lot and that I would love to have one go-'round with"

The Queen of Soul plans to give the royal treatment to some songs made famous by other iconic female singers for her next album.

Aretha Franklin tells Billboard that she plans to hit the studio on Jan. 1 near her home town of Detroit to lay vocals atop of tracks currently being made by producers Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds and Don Was, with Clive Davis serving as executive producer. 

Related Articles

"It's a concept CD," says Franklin, noting that the 10 tracks she and Davis selected from an "ultimate list" include Barbra Streisand's "People" and Donna Summer's "Last Dance." 

"I'm even thinking of (Destiny's Child's) 'Bootylicious'," Franklin adds with a laugh. 

"It's just re-working some things that were very, very good and certainly chartworthy and sold a lot of records," says Franklin, who hopes to have the album out during the second quarter of 2014 on RCA Records. "They're records that, musically, I respected and that I liked a lot and that I would love to have one go-'round with. I aspire for musical excellence. I have very high standards where music is concerned, and I'm looking for something I haven't done, something that you haven't heard and something just absolutely smashing."

Franklin says she's been leaving Babyface and Was to their own devices while recording the instrumental tracks. 

"We haven't had a lot of discussion," she notes. "I'm pretty much leaving it up to their expertise in that area. We all have a great deal of respect for each other. They're not anybody that I would question. They've got great track records and I believe they're going to bring it home, and I'll do the rest. So I'm waiting with baited breath to hear what they're doing." 

Franklin is also intrigued by the prospect of working for the first time with Detroit homeboy Was. 

"I just met him and learned about the things that he's been doing with Bonnie Raitt and the Rolling Stones and all the people that he's been working with," Franklin says. "Each person that I spoke with about him had nothing but good things to say about him and a lot of praise and admiration. I know for certain Mr. Davis would not have asked him if he couldn't do the job." 

Franklin had to cancel a number of shows earlier this year due to an unspecified medical condition, but she says she's "feeling well and ready to go." She performs Dec. 21 in Detroit and is booked for shows on Jan. 17-18 at Radio City Music Hall in New York, with plans to perform during March in Atlantic City, with Toronto also in the spring and make-up dates for canceled shows in Montreal and Ottawa. She's also pursuing a distribution deal for her Aretha's Records label, which will be putting out albums by her son Kecalf, a Christian rapper, and grandson Jordan, a pop singer. 

Jan 20th, 11:39
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinevinny
Hi vinny,

vinny

Total Topics: 7, Posts: 9,421
View Predictions
Quote by criss808
Aretha Franklin Recording Album of Classics From Fellow Iconic Female Singers

ranklin is working on a "concept" album with Babyface, Don Was and Clive Davis. "They're records that, musically, I respected and that I liked a lot and that I would love to have one go-'round with"

The Queen of Soul plans to give the royal treatment to some songs made famous by other iconic female singers for her next album.

Aretha Franklin tells Billboard that she plans to hit the studio on Jan. 1 near her home town of Detroit to lay vocals atop of tracks currently being made by producers Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds and Don Was, with Clive Davis serving as executive producer. 

Related Articles

"It's a concept CD," says Franklin, noting that the 10 tracks she and Davis selected from an "ultimate list" include Barbra Streisand's "People" and Donna Summer's "Last Dance." 

"I'm even thinking of (Destiny's Child's) 'Bootylicious'," Franklin adds with a laugh. 

"It's just re-working some things that were very, very good and certainly chartworthy and sold a lot of records," says Franklin, who hopes to have the album out during the second quarter of 2014 on RCA Records. "They're records that, musically, I respected and that I liked a lot and that I would love to have one go-'round with. I aspire for musical excellence. I have very high standards where music is concerned, and I'm looking for something I haven't done, something that you haven't heard and something just absolutely smashing."

Franklin says she's been leaving Babyface and Was to their own devices while recording the instrumental tracks. 

"We haven't had a lot of discussion," she notes. "I'm pretty much leaving it up to their expertise in that area. We all have a great deal of respect for each other. They're not anybody that I would question. They've got great track records and I believe they're going to bring it home, and I'll do the rest. So I'm waiting with baited breath to hear what they're doing." 

Franklin is also intrigued by the prospect of working for the first time with Detroit homeboy Was. 

"I just met him and learned about the things that he's been doing with Bonnie Raitt and the Rolling Stones and all the people that he's been working with," Franklin says. "Each person that I spoke with about him had nothing but good things to say about him and a lot of praise and admiration. I know for certain Mr. Davis would not have asked him if he couldn't do the job." 

Franklin had to cancel a number of shows earlier this year due to an unspecified medical condition, but she says she's "feeling well and ready to go." She performs Dec. 21 in Detroit and is booked for shows on Jan. 17-18 at Radio City Music Hall in New York, with plans to perform during March in Atlantic City, with Toronto also in the spring and make-up dates for canceled shows in Montreal and Ottawa. She's also pursuing a distribution deal for her Aretha's Records label, which will be putting out albums by her son Kecalf, a Christian rapper, and grandson Jordan, a pop singer. 

Well, this could be a big emmy contender. I wonder what songs she is going to cover though.

Jan 24th, 17:28
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineGraeme O'Neil
Hi Graeme O'Neil,

Graeme O'Neil

Total Topics: 21, Posts: 2,320
View Predictions
I just heard most of the songs from Aloe Blacc's debut album which comes out in March. I see on the official track listing for the album he's dropping a couple songs and adding a couple new ones, but what I heard, it's fantastic.  If he gets some attention, he could definitely be a factor.
www.graemeoneil.com
Reviews, opinions, latest music videos! Check it out, and follow me on Facebook and Twitter for exclusive giveaways! 
Jan 24th, 18:17
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineFinal2
Hi Final2,

Final2

View Predictions
Dark Horse is a LOCK for Pop Group/Duo. It might get into RotY.

It dont look like Beyonce is getting any major airplay for her singles.  I think noms are a shoe in for Pop/AotY as well as R&B song noms but I dont think any songs will get in the GF.
Jan 24th, 18:26
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineMusic Forever
Hi Music Forever,

Music Forever

Total Topics: 21, Posts: 648
View Predictions
Actually "Drunk In Love" Is almost top 10 on the airplay chart. Though I don't think it will get in ROTY/SOTY.