Choose Your Delivery Preferences:
Immediate Notification by Email
Email

Advertisement

Nov 14th 2011, 19:54
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

Total Topics: 31, Posts: 1,046
View Predictions
Does anyone even watch B&B anymore?  Well here is a reason to:  Lesli Kay returns as Felicia over the holidays.  I hate that her returns are always announced as temporary.  If Brad Bell had any pride in his work he would hire her full time and make her the HBIC.  
Nov 15th 2011, 15:42
Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,
would like to add you as a friend on goldderby.com. Friends can exchange messages in private and see each others updates on their profiles.

eastwest

Total Topics: 103, Posts: 3,083
View Predictions

I will always harp on this, but why in the hell did Brad Bell bother to keep Felicia alive if he wasn't going to have the character be successor to Stephanie. The show missed a golden opportunity for that to happen.

As for the show itself, it is basically a telenovela and that is how you must watch the show. So abandon expectations for riveting stories. I thought Steffy was w/Bill and now she MARRIED to Liam!? And I can't get into that nasty incest stuff w/Thomas and Hope. I seriously think there's scenes of Drew Tyler Bell Thomas babysitting Hope yrs. back (ala DAYS w/Max holding baby Stephanie) and for that reason alone, I can't w/that pairing.

Dec 16th 2011, 11:04
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions

Stephanie's annual visit to the homeless was a snore.

Brad Bell needs to watch Days to see how to revisit the 90s properly.  He has essentially done this: Katie is the new Stephanie, Steffy is the new Brooke, Bill is the new Eric, Liam is the new Ridge, and Hope is the new Taylor.  The problem is, this round of story telling is not nearly as interesting as the original, and with the exception of Heather Tom and maybe Kim Matula, the acting is pretty weak too.

Dec 16th 2011, 22:23
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinejerrysd
Hi jerrysd,

Total Topics: 0, Posts: 61
View Predictions

Hey guys--finally made the move over from the old board. Even though I hardly chimed in in the first place, ha.

gldf, your comparison of the new generation to those of the 90s was spot on. My mom and I have actually talked about that. And thank god for Heather Tom. Every scene she's in she never under-delivers. I love her.

I for one have actually rediscovered BB and have finally accepted it for what it is. I feel the glory days of BB are over, the times have changed. But it's not THAT bad. I've purposesly started DVRing it at my parents' house and have gotten them into it all over again. And they haven't watched it in years but it's the nostalgia of recognizing all these chararcters/actors, not having to commit too much time to it, and the fact that it's easy to keep up with that has made them enjoy the show again. And the fact that all these soaps have gotten cancelled has made them realize that this show may not be around years from now. So when I come over we light a fire, enjoy our wine, and see what Brad and all the other folks at Television City have to offer.

Other BB notes--everyone looks great these days. Lang is beautiful. Don't like Tylo on the backburner. And give Conroy more to do. Seriously.

Dec 19th 2011, 18:41
Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,

eastwest

View Predictions

Heather Tom is truly this show's best actor. Since Brad wasted Lesli Kay, Heather is perfect to take the throne from Flannery, who has seen her day come and go. And speaking of LaFlannery, the "special episode" I could not with. It seemed kind of exploitive how they promoted it, but I don't blame that on the kids or organization. Hopefully they won't be tacky and used this as their Emmy stuff.

Jan 13th 2012, 11:32
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
Randomly tuned in today and quite enjoyed Kim Matula's performance.  She has grown a lot.  Don Diamont is awful, and Scott Clifton is equally annoying since he is emulating him.  Heather Tom looked hot and was exceptional today.

Jan 25th 2012, 11:24
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinejerrysd
Hi jerrysd,

View Predictions
Hahah, I can't get ENOUGH of Diamont. Clifton doesn't bother me. And Heather Tom does something to me only guys can do. I love it.
Feb 1st 2012, 21:11
Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,

eastwest

View Predictions
Feb 2nd 2012, 08:01
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJake
Hi Jake,

Total Topics: 33, Posts: 1,068
View Predictions
I think this show can really deliver something memorable but since Storm's death it seems like they barely care.

Am I crazy or really there is a triangle of Donna-Nick-Pam? Please tell me that it's only a nightmare. Especially when Nick and Felicia had history and she has nothing to do and even more that he was with Brooke, Bridget and Katie - all the Logans before Donna and had a child with 2 of them (one miscarried, one born dead) and was presumed father of a child with third. How gross. 

Revisiting Taylor and Thorne has potential only if it will give a way to introduce SORASed Alexandria who will make Taylor's life miserable due to death of beloved and sorely missed Darla.

Jones' family - with 3 very talented actors - dropped from the air, as it was expected.

Was Amber in any scene with Stephanie and Taylor since her return? Why not?

Why Deacon isn't there yet?

Why they stopped the crossovers with Y&R? Why won't they invest in a storyline that would take place in the same time on both shows? 

I sometimes feel/am sure that I would write better storylines that this mess that is on right now.  
Feb 3rd 2012, 13:18
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinejerrysd
Hi jerrysd,

View Predictions
Quote by eastwest

Well...I didn't hate it.
Mar 12th 2012, 01:28
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlineJake
Hi Jake,

Total Topics: 33, Posts: 1,068
View Predictions
Lesley-Anne Down and Jack Wagner are out?
Mar 12th 2012, 14:03
Hide Post  Hide Post  
onlineeastwest
Hi eastwest,

eastwest

View Predictions
I liked the therapy scenes w/Hope, Brooke, and Dr. Stacy on today's show. They are FINALLY getting into some character depth w/this storyline that is pretty much taking over for the Ridge/Brooke/Taylor story.
Mar 23rd 2012, 14:03
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
For anyone who didn't already know, this year is B&B's 25th anniversary.  Congrats to them, but this promo makes the show look unrecognizable.

Apr 7th 2012, 10:35
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
Caught a bit of Friday's show and the pool scenes were well produced.  
Apr 12th 2012, 11:22
Hide Post  Hide Post  
offlinegdfl
Hi gdfl,

View Predictions
Kim Matula was good today, but the second half of the show was so cheesey and Scott Clifton was so distractingly bad that I am not going to cite it as a potential Emmy reel.

Steffy Forrester is a horribly unlikeable character, and JMW is not nearly a good enough actress to make it work.  And it is ridiculous that Taylor has been completely dumbed down in order to prop her.

Adrienne Frantz and KKL are still fun together.