ABC just announced the full cast for season 21 of “Dancing With the Stars,” and we’re already predicting who will win and who will lose the long-running dancing competition. According to our initial odds, actress Alexa PenaVega will win the mirror ball trophy, and Gary Busey will be the first to go.
It’s hard to know who will shine and who will struggle before any of the stars hit the dance floor, but as of this writing our early predictors are betting heavily on four celebs. Alexa leads with 13/5 odds based on support from 28% of users. Her husband Carlos PenaVega is next, tied with wildlife conservationist Bindi Irwin with 4/1 odds and 20% of user votes. Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter is fourth with 5/1 odds and 17% of user votes.
Meanwhile, 62% of users think eccentric actor Busey will get the lowest judges’ score, giving him 8/13 odds, and 38% say he’ll be eliminated on the first night of competition (13/8 odds). Can the former Oscar-nominee surprise us with unforeseen dance skills?
Things can change fast on “Dancing with the Stars.” Consider that before the start of season 20, more than half of our users expected gymnast Nastia Liukin to win the season, but she finished fourth. The eventual champ, Rumer Willis, started the season fourth in our odds before steadily climbing in our rankings.
Who do you think will take home the mirror ball trophy?
In our “Dancing with the Stars” predictions center, you get to answer the following questions each week:
Who will receive the HIGHEST score from the judges?
Who will receive the LOWEST score from the judges?
Which celebrity will be eliminated?
Who will win “Dancing with the Stars”?
At the end of each week, the eligible user with the highest prediction accuracy and most points will win a $100 Amazon gift certificate, so it’s beneficial to keep coming back often and making/updating your predictions.
Who are you rooting for this season? Sound off in the comments section below, and join the discussion in Gold Derby’s reality TV forum.
Photo: Alexa PenaVega. Credit: Jim Smeal/BEI/REX
Photo: Gary Busey on “Celebrity Big Brother,” 2014. Credit: James Shaw/REX