‘Dancing with the Stars’ poll results: Victoria Arlen should have gone to the finals, according to 80% of readers

We demand a recount! That may be what “Dancing with the Stars” fans were thinking when the results were revealed during last Monday night’s season 25 semifinals. The four finalists were revealed to be Jordan Fisher, Frankie Muniz, Drew Scott, and Lindsey Stirling. That meant Paralympian and ESPN personality Victoria Arlen ended up leaving the competition in fifth place. And our readers weren’t happy about that. Scroll down for our complete poll results.

We asked our readers what they thought about those results, and they overwhelmingly felt that Arlen was robbed of a spot in the finals. A whopping 80% disagreed with her elimination, leaving just 20% who felt that it was her time to go. Her ouster came as a surprise to our users who made their predictions as well. Drew Scott had received the lowest score in the previous week’s show, so we thought he was the likeliest to go. And that wasn’t the first time Scott overcame a low score to advance through the competition; the HGTV realtor has so much fan support that it might be time to seriously consider him as a contender to win the Mirror Ball Trophy.

Arlen also had significant fan support, though it wasn’t enough to push her through to the last round of competition. Arlen famously overcame an illness that left her in a vegetative state for years of her life, and it’s only been about a year since she learned to walk again. Even without full feeling in her legs she managed to execute impressive and complicated routines, including the semifinals Charleston that turned out to be her very last dance of the competition but also her very best, earning a 9 and two 10s from the judges for a total of 29 out of 30.

Check out our complete poll results below, and make sure to predict next week’s two-night season finale in which the show’s 25th Mirror Ball champion will be crowned.

victoria arlen dancing with the stars poll results

Be sure to make your predictions so that the contestants can see how they’re faring in our racetrack odds. You can keep changing your predictions until just before the next episode airs every Monday on ABC. You’ll compete to win a spot on our leaderboard and eternal bragging rights. See our contest rules and sound off with other fans in our reality TV forum. Read more Gold Derby entertainment news.

More News from GoldDerby