A long overdue Emmy awaits Angela Lansbury (‘Little Women’), 73 percent of readers believe [POLL RESULTS]

2018 will be Angela Lansbury’s year at long last — or at least most of you hope so. The 18-time Emmy loser will win her overdue first trophy this year for “Little Women,” 73 percent of our readers say. The other 27 percent, however, feel the 92-year-old legend will be a bridesmaid yet again.

But first, Lansbury has to snag the nomination. As grand dame matriarch Aunt March on the upcoming PBS miniseries, Lansbury will be vying to make the Best Limited Series/TV Movie Supporting Actress shortlist. She is in fourth place in our early odds behind champ Laura Dern (“Twin Peaks”), Penelope Cruz (“The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story”) and Nicole Kidman (“Top of the Lake: China Girl”). One EditorChris Beachum, and three of our Top 24 UsersMaxKevin Dillon and Nathan Taylor, are calling her for the win.

SEE Top 11 overdue actors and actresses at Emmy Awards [PHOTOS]

Lansbury lost all 12 of her Emmy bids for “Murder, She Wrote.” Her most recent nomination came in 2005 for her guest performance on “Law & Order: SVU” and “Law & Order: Trial by Jury,” but she lost to Amanda Plummer (“Law & Order: SVU”). Lansbury received a previous nomination for Best Limited Series/TV Movie Supporting Actress in 2004 for “The Blackwater Lightship,” falling to Mary-Louise Parker for “Angels in America.” Her other nominations were for hosting the Tonys (1987, 1990), and her performances on “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street” (1985) and “Little Gloria… Happy at Last” (1983).

“Little Women” premieres on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13 at 8/7c on PBS.

PREDICT the Emmy nominees and winners now; change them until July 12

And now we move from film to television awards! Be sure to make your Emmy predictions today so that Hollywood insiders can see how their TV shows and performers are faring in our odds. You can keep changing your predictions as often as you like until just before nominees are announced on July 12. And join in the fun debate over the 2018 Emmy taking place right now with Hollywood insiders in our television forums. Read more Gold Derby entertainment news.

SIGN UP for Gold Derby’s free newsletter with latest predictions

More News from GoldDerby

Loading