‘Project Runway All Stars’ fans disagree about whether Helen Castillo should have been eliminated: Half say no

Helen Castillo‘s roller-coaster run on “Project Runway All Stars” ended in episode 10, “Rock Your Face Off.” The design challenge that week tasked the contestants with creating a look for an on-stage musical performance, and Castillo was assigned country as her genre. Unfortunately, the judges thought she hit a sour note, so she was drummed out. But not all of our readers agreed with the judges’ decision. Scroll down for our complete poll results at the bottom of this post.

A little more than half of “Runway” fans who responded to our poll (52%) thought Castillo deserved to be sent home for her black sequin dress, which host and judge Alyssa Milano thought looked like a costume out of a Renaissance faire and which Georgina Chapman felt looked “cheap.” But that means the other 48% thought the judges got it wrong. In fact, more than a third of our readers (34%) thought the eliminated contestant should have been Stanley Hudson, who has won three design challenges and is actually the front-runner to win according to our latest predictions. Another 3% thought Anthony Williams should have been ousted, while 11% thought the worst designer wasn’t even in the judges’ bottom three.

Our readers responded passionately to Castillo’s elimination. Read some of their comments and check out the complete poll results below.

Keith Lytle: “Helen made a perfect outfit for present day country, plus there are older stars that would love this dress. I do not think your judges knew enough about country music to fairly make this choice.”

Jill: “I think they were just looking for an opportunity to get rid of Helen. Her dress was a bit dark, but that’s her style. It was VERY modern country.”

Wendy jae: “I am blown away each week by the judges’ choices. I think their taste is awful. Helen was not the worst by far. Good luck, Helen, this contest didn’t deserve you.”

Tina Lorenzo: “There has to be someone behind the scenes dictating who they want to win, regardless of what these designers put down the runway! I truly thought Helen’s dress would be in the top two, at least, and I was positive that Fabio would go home. But if my theory is correct, he will be next!”

project runway poll results

Be sure to make your predictions so that the contestants can see how they’re faring in our racetrack odds. You can keep changing your predictions until just before the next episode airs every Thursday on Lifetime. You’ll compete to win a spot on our leaderboard and eternal bragging rights. See our contest rules and sound off with other fans in our reality TV forum. Read more Gold Derby entertainment news.

More News from GoldDerby

Loading