28% say that ‘Kill Bill’ is 1 film since both parts were shot at the same time — BUT a total 39% insist it is 2 [POLL RESULTS]

Now that Quentin Tarantino has been cut loose from disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, he has been proclaiming that his two-part martial arts saga, “Kill Bill: Volume 1” and “Kill Bill: Volume 2.” should be considered a single four-hour film. Hey, the trailer for his fairy-tale ode to Los Angeles circa 1969, “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,” even says it is his ninth film, not his 10th.  That’s in spite of the titles being released separately in 2003 and 2004.  It was Weinstein who forced him to cut the film in two, the better to boost ticket sales receipts.

As the the whiz at violent cinematic mayhem said recently while doing publicity for his latest film the stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt, “I made it as one movie and I wrote it as one movie.”

However, what do you, the ticket-buying public, believe? Most Tarantino fans — 28% to be exact — support their idol in saying “Kill Bill” should be considered to be a single film since they were filmed simultaneously.

SEE Quentin Tarantino’s 10 films ranked from worst to best

But not so fast. Other QT supporters amounting to 26% of the vote believe that the films should be declared as two separate films — and the first volume starring Uma Thurman as the vengeful Bride is the best. Add to that the 8% who think they are two films since they had to buy two tickets to see them back in the day, and 34% believe it is a double and not a single. Plus, 5% say that they are two films — and No. 2 is better. Now the total is 39%.

SEE Leonardo DiCaprio (‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’) tops early-bird Best Actor picks

Others totaling 20% of respondents simply wish that sometime soon Tarantino releases his cut of “Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair,” an edited version that combines both volumes, on DVD or streaming service. Meanwhile, 13% are holding out hope that the director and Thurman will team up again for a third round of samurai madness with a “Kill Bill: Volume 3.”

PREDICT the Oscars nominations; change them until January 13

Be sure to make your Oscar nominee predictions today so that Hollywood insiders can see how their films and performers are faring in our odds. You can keep changing your predictions as often as you like until just before nominees are announced on January 13. And join in the fun debate over the 2020 Academy Awards taking place right now with Hollywood insiders in our film forums. Read more Gold Derby entertainment news.

SIGN UP for Gold Derby’s free newsletter with latest predictions

 

More News from GoldDerby

Loading