Gone but not forgotten: 53% of ‘The Voice’ fans are ‘devastated’ that Adam Levine quit [POLL RESULTS]

In Gold Derby’s recent poll, we asked diehard fans of “The Voice” what they thought of Adam Levine quitting NBC’s reality TV show after 16 seasons, and 53% voted that they were absolutely “devastated” by the news. The other 47% of fans voted that now was “the right time” for Adam to finally call it quits. Do you agree or disagree with those poll results? Be sure to sound off down in the comments section.

Adam didn’t give a specific explanation as to why he decided to leave the show he’s called home since 2011, except to say, “For me, it was time to move on.” In his official statement, Adam thanked fellow coaches Blake Shelton, Kelly Clarkson and John Legend, host Carson Daly, producer Mark Burnett and other “The Voice” crew members.

“I couldn’t hide my love for you if I tried,” he said about his frenemy Blake, who’s been a coach with Adam since day one. “Seriously. I tried. Can’t do it. Our friendship is and always will be one for the books. Whatever this whole surreal experience was, I’m just happy I got to experience it with you. You’re my brother for life. Kelly and John, take care of the cowboy and I’m sure I’ll be back to say hi very very soon. So much love to you both.”

Finally, the Maroon 5 singer thanked his “loyal” fans, declaring, “There’s literally no show without you guys. For me, it was time to move on. Your support has meant EVERYTHING.” Based on the results of our poll, it appears as though his “The Voice” fans will miss Adam just as much as he’ll miss them.

Throughout his 16 seasons on the show Adam mentored three winning artists: Javier Colon (Season 1), Tessanne Chin (Season 5) and Jordan Smith (Season 9). However, over the past few seasons he’s notably had a rough go of things, with all of his artists being eliminated before the finale for three cycles in a row. Gwen Stefani will replace Adam in Season 17, which will air this fall on NBC.

SIGN UP for Gold Derby’s newsletter with experts’ latest predictions

More News from GoldDerby

Loading