We now know which 11 celebrities and others are introducing the eight Best Picture nominees at Sunday’s Oscars ceremony. Producer Donna Gigliotti and co-producer/director Glenn Weiss revealed on Wednesday that Jose Andres, Dana Carvey, Queen Latifah, Rep. John Lewis, Diego Luna, Tom Morello, Mike Myers, Trevor Noah, Amandla Stenberg, Barbra Streisand and Serena Williams have been added to the live show on ABC for February 24 at 8:00 p.m. ET; 5:00 p.m. PT.
Our PMC sister website Deadline is also reporting that all four of last year’s acting winners will indeed be on this weekend’s ceremony. Rather than spreading out as is tradition to present all four acting categories, Gary Oldman and Allison Janney will present Best Actor while Frances McDormand and Sam Rockwell will present Best Actress. No word on who will hand out the supporting trophies.
All performers singing Best Original Song nominees:
– Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga singing “Shallow” from “A Star Is Born”
– Jennifer Hudson singing “I’ll Fight” from “RBG”
– David Rawlings and Gillian Welch singing “When a Cowboy Trades His Spurs for Wings” from “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs”
– Bette Midler (replacing Emily Blunt) singing “The Place Where Lost Things Go” from “Mary Poppins Returns”
plus the following performances
– Queen with Adam Lambert opening the show
– Gustavo Dudamel and the L.A. Philharmonic will perform during the annual “In Memoriam” segment.
There has been no confirmation or information about “All the Stars” from “Black Panther,” but the original film version was performed by Kendrick Lamar and SZA.
Discuss all of these ceremony details and more in our notorious Oscar forums thread.
Here is the complete list of 53 presenters announced so far:
Brian Tyree Henry
Samuel L. Jackson
Michael B. Jordan
BEST PICTURE INTROS:
Rep. John Lewis
PREDICT the Oscar winners now; change them until February 24
Be sure to check out how our experts rank this year’s Oscar contenders. Then take a look at the most up-to-date combined odds before you make your own 2019 Oscar predictions. Don’t be afraid to jump in now since you can keep changing your predictions until just before winners are announced on February 24.
SIGN UP for Gold Derby’s free newsletter with latest predictions