‘Dream’ shattered: 83% of ‘AGT’ viewers say Susan Boyle was robbed in ‘America’s Got Talent: The Champions’ finale

So much for dreaming a dream. Over the past week fans of “America’s Got Talent: The Champions” have been voting in our poll that asked whether Susan Boyle was robbed in Monday’s season finale, and today we can report that a whopping 83% said yes. “Susan deserved so much more from ‘AGT,'” voted the loud majority. As for the other 17% of poll respondents, they argued that Susan simply “wasn’t strong enough” to make the top five. What do YOU think? Be sure to sound off down in the comments section.

Viewers were outraged because, after Susan was eliminated early in the evening, she was quickly whisked off of the stage like rubbish without even so much as a goodbye. All of the top five acts — winner Shin Lim, runner-up Darci Lynne Farmer, third place Kseniya Simonova, fourth place Cristina Ramos and fifth place Preacher Lawson  — received special one-on-one moments with host Terry Crews, a far cry from everyone who finished sixth through twelfth.

Many viewers believed that Susan would take home the “Champions” trophy since she’s one of the franchise’s most successful contestants to never win.  Susan had traveled all the way from her home in Scotland to appear on NBC’s reality TV series that pitted 50 acts from around the world against each other. Of the 12 finalists she was one of only four who didn’t hail from “America’s Got Talent,” as Kseniya came from the Ukrainian version, Cristina from the Spanish show and Paul Potts from “Britain’s Got Talent.”

Both of Susan’s “Champions” performances earned high marks at YouTube, with “Wild Horses” from the first episode attracting 16 million views and her revival of “I Dreamed A Dream” nabbing 1.5 million views since the Finals performance show. Of course, Susan knows all about going viral as her original “I Dreamed a Dream” audition from 2009 is one of the reasons the “Got Talent” franchise became such a worldwide phenomenon.

In the video below, Susan proves she has no hard feelings about the way her elimination was handled because she encourages others to audition for the show. “Go for it,” she says. “If it’s your dream, go and follow it. Don’t leave it festering in the corner and say, ‘I wish.’ Go right ahead and have your chance. Tweet me and tell me how it went.”

SIGN UP for Gold Derby’s newsletter with experts’ latest predictions

More News from GoldDerby