Season 29 of “Dancing with the Stars” cast a whopping 15 celebrities to their lineup. But who among them will win? We opened our predictions the day the cast was announced, with our odds updating throughout the season as the competition progresses. So who’s ahead? Who’s an underdog? Scroll down for our latest forecasts.
The 15 contestants who started this season were the most on the show since 16 celebs appeared in season nine. They included “Cheer” coach Monica Aldama, controversial “Tiger King” activist Carole Baskin, “Bachelorette” star Kaitlyn Bristowe, Super Bowl champion Vernon Davis, Emmy and Tony nominated actress Anne Heche, Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson, “One Day at a Time” actress Justina Machado, “The Real” co-host Jeannie Mai, Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean, “Desperate Housewives” actor Jesse Metcalfe, rapper Nelly, NBA legend Charles Oakley, “Catfish” host Nev Schulman, actress and “Selling Sunset” star Chrishell Stause and Olympic figure skater Johnny Weir.
Football players have frequently excelled on “DWTS,” with Mirror Ball Trophies going to NFL alums Emmitt Smith, Hines Ward, Donald Driver and Rashad Jennings. Three figure skaters have won too: Kristi Yamaguchi, Meryl Davis and Adam Rippon. Athletes in general tend to do well on the show given the intense physical demands of learning new dance routines each and every week. But singers have also flourished with their strong sense of musicality: just look at champions Drew Lachey, Nicole Scherziner, Kellie Pickler and Amber Riley.
Of course, the show would be boring if it were always that predictable. Who would’ve thought based on their resumes that teenage animal expert Bindi Irwin and radio host Bobby Bones would rule their respective seasons? Never count anyone out completely on “DWTS.” See who our users are betting on below, listed in order of their latest racetrack odds.
UPDATED: October 5, 2020
1. Justina Machado — 19/5 (Same position as last week)
2. Kaitlyn Bristowe — 4/1 (Up one spot from last week)
3. Johnny Weir — 5/1 (Up one spot from last week)
4. Skai Jackson — 6/1 (Down two spots from last week)
5. Nev Schulman — 13/2 (Up one spot from last week)
6. Jeannie Mai — 16/1 (Up two spots from last week)
DON’T COUNT THEM OUT:
7. AJ McLean — 20/1 (Down two spots from last week)
8. Jesse Metcalfe — 48/1 (Down one spot from last week)
9. Chrishell Stause — 100/1 (Up two spots from last week)
10. Vernon Davis — 100/1 (GREATEST GAINER! Up three spots from last week)
11. Nelly — 100/1 (Down two spots from last week)
12. Monica Aldama — 100/1 (Same position as last week)
13. Anne Heche — 100/1 (GREATEST DROP! Down three spots from last week)
Be sure to make your predictions so that the contestants can see how they’re faring in our racetrack odds. You can keep changing your predictions until just before the next episode airs every Monday on ABC. You’ll compete to win a spot on our leaderboard and eternal bragging rights. See our contest rules and sound off with other fans in our reality TV forum. Read more Gold Derby entertainment news.