Home Forums Daytime TV 2017 Daytime Emmy Sumbissions

2017 Daytime Emmy Sumbissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 113 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
robbalto
  • OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

October 11, 2017
    Supporting Actress
    Lauren Koslow as Kate Roberts (DAYS)

Kate visits Clyde in jail to get more information on his claim that Will is alive.

October 12, 2017
    Supporting Actor Eric Martsolf as Brady Black (DAYS)

Nicole tells Brady she’s leaving him for his brother Eric.

Gorgeous work from Koslow. It’s crazy she’s never even been nominated. And Martsolf was strong in what I’m sure will be the first of many potential Emmy reels for him.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

October 12 and 13, 2017

Best Supporting Actress: Marla Adams as Dina Mergeron (the Young and the Restless)

Wonderful work from this veteran daytime actress. I am so worried they will kill off her character and it will be a tragic mistake if they do ): Her acting in the past two episodes has been stellar, particularly her confrontation scene with Graham (Max Shippee)

ReplyCopy URL
    gatorman
    Participant
    Topics:

October 12 and 13: Y&R

Marla Adams (Supporting Actress) and Eileen Davidson (Lead Actress). Both women have given amazing performances the past two days. I’m excited to see where the story leads (and a little scared…I don’t want to see Dina die).

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

October 16, 2017

Best Actress: Eileen Davidson as Ashley Abbott (The Young and the Restless)

The aftermath of Ashley’s paternity reveal created affecting work from Eileen Davidson, who really shined in her scenes with Jack, Traci and Abby; then she confronts Graham and finds Dina on the floor of her room… ED has been superb lately (:

ReplyCopy URL
    GHFan
    Participant
    Topics:

October 17, 2017
    Days of our Lives

Outstanding Lead Actress – Ari Zucker 
    Outstanding Supporting Actor – Greg Vaughan

Nicole has to lie to Eric and say that she doesn’t love him to avoid prison.

Really heartbreaking and beautiful performances from both. I think both actors knocked this out of the park and this could make a competitive reel for both of them.

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

10-23-17 & 10-24-17
    Days of Our Lives

Lead Actress
    Judi Evans as Bonnie Lockhart & Adrienne Kiriakis

Maggie stops “Adrienne’s” wedding to Victor. “Adrienne” reveals that Victor put a hit out on his own brother but Justin and Maggie already know. It turns out they were all working against her. Patch & Kayla reveal that “Adrienne” is really Bonnie Lockhart. Bonnie lashes out at Maggie over Mickey. Adrienne tries to call Lucas from jail. When the guard catches her, he threatens to put her back in solitary. Adrienne goes hysterical. Justin saves her from the guard and she is overjoyed.

10-24-17
    Supporting Actress
    Lauren Koslow as Kate Roberts

Kate explains to Andre what was so special about Will.

ReplyCopy URL
    gatorman
    Participant
    Topics:

10/27/2017: Outstanding Drama Series:The Young & The Restless.

Mal Young’s writing started Wed and Y&R has become fast paced; action packed; and more entertaining all together. Victoria in the hospital because of the tainted face cream and trying to figure how that happened. Dina enjoying herself in Florida after fainting a few days ago. Scott waking up next to a dead prostitute and Paul putting him in jail. Lauren and Sharon going after each other. Lots of cliffhangers for the weekend.

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

GH
    10-27-17 & 10-30-17
    Drama Series
    Directing
    Writing

Waiters shoot up JaSam’s media launch party as patient 6 descends from the heavens.

GH’s sweeps stunts/Emmy bait are usually hit or miss for me. Sometimes I find the stunts boring and more of the same, sometimes I find them surprisingly entertaining and exciting. This time, I found myself entertained. I thought these two episodes were fast-paced with tons of reveals and action all over the canvas. I could even ignore the Sonny/Jason deification when the show is this strong.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Best Supporting Actress: Camryn Grimes, The Young and the Restless

Mariah opens up to Sharon about her feelings for Tessa. CG gives a terrific emotional performance. This would be an excellent scene to include in an Emmy reel for this wonderful actress (:

ReplyCopy URL
    gatorman
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree about Camryn Grimes. She gives an amazing performance while opening up to Sharon. She was also good talking to Tessa about her feelings.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, November 13, 2017

Days Of Our Lives

Best Drama Series
    Best Directing
    Best Writing
    Best Actor: Freddie Smith (Sonny)
    Best Supporting Actor: Chandler Massey (Will)
    Best Supporting Actress: Alison Sweeney (Sami)
    Best Younger Actor: Casey Moss (J.J.)

An amnesiac Will meets Sonny and then Sami at a bar where he is working; Rafe questions Susan; Paul admits to Sami where Will is and that he is alive; J.J. shoots Theo; Abe, Valerie and Julie converse; Tripp and Claire converse. Great soap! (: The show is on FIRE! (: Superb direction, superb writing, superb acting!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Best Younger Actor: Casey Moss (J.J., Days of Our Lives)

Everybody delivered again and could put together great Emmy reels by combining their work from Monday with Tuesday for a competitive Emmy reel. But I want to single out Casey Moss, because the two episodes combined create a full story arc and would be very competitive for him in the less crowded younger actor category.

Alison Sweeney continues to amaze with each performance; I hope she submits for Best Supporting Actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree, Casey Moss really stood out in Tuesday’s episode as Hope interviewed JJ about the shooting and he tried to make sense of what happened. Moss did work that was nuanced and excellent. I also felt the writing on Tuesday’s episode was incredibly strong. The technical nature of the scenes with Hope and JJ were such a good counterbalance to the scenes at the hospital with Abe, Lani, Claire, and everyone else, and the question of why JJ would have shot an unarmed kid in a hoodie is something it seems the characters will be wrestling with for a while, since we, the audience, are the only ones who actually saw what happened.

I also want to cite James Reynolds (supporting actor) and Freddie Smith (lead actor) for Tuesday. Reynolds might come across as having done too much in the scenes with Theo where Abe is breaking down, but that felt really appropriate to me. Abe has two other children he didn’t learn about until they were adults, but Theo is the only child he raised, and all he has left of his beloved late wife Lexie. Smith’s been great the last few days, as Sonny feels ecstatic and frustrated and disappointed and hopeful about the situation with Will. Great performances also from Chandler Massey, Kristian Alfonso, Alison Sweeney, Deidre Hall, Sal Stowers, Vanessa Williams, and probably others I’m forgetting.

ReplyCopy URL
    robbalto
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Outstanding Drama Series: Days of our Lives

Sami and Rafe confront Susan Banks; Sonny tells Will about his forgotten past; Abe agrees to Theo’s surgery; Hope takes JJ’s statement regarding Theo’s shooting; Marlena and John discuss Will; Claire, Lani, and Abe spend a few moments with an unconscious Theo prior to his surgery. The episode ends with Sami punching Susan.
    This was easily one of the most compelling episodes I have watched in years. It’s full of complexity and substance, buttressed by excellent performances across the board. I couldn’t turn away.

ReplyCopy URL
    robbalto
    Participant
    Topics:

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Outstanding Young Actor: Casey Moss, Days of our Lives

Continuing from the previous episode, JJ deals with the aftermath of shooting Theo. He is devastated on both a personal and professional level. The episode ends with him reliving the shooting and, understandably, wallowing in torment.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 113 total)
Reply To: 2017 Daytime Emmy Sumbissions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.