Home Forums Daytime TV 2018 Daytime Emmy Submissions

2018 Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 160 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
OLTLfan
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a new year and time for a new thread where we cite our favorite actors and actresses, episodes, writing and direction of the four remaining daytime shows! (: Here’s hoping for amazing and phenomenal performances, terrific episodes that thrill us, improved writing and terrific stories! (:

robbalto
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, January 2, 2018
    The Bold & the Beautiful
    Outstanding Lead Actor: Scott Clifton as Liam

Summary: Liam confronts Steffy after finding the paperwork for her paternity test. The episode ends with her blurting out that she slept with Bill.

Analysis: Clifton completely immerses himself in “Liam Land” as he doggedly pursues the truth from Steffy. You can almost see the wheels turning as he incorrectly concludes that Wyatt is the interloper. Clifton’s portrayal of Liam’s countenance and body language at the end of the episode is especially visceral and convincing.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, January 2
    Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Younger Actress
    Victoria Konafel – Ciara Brady

Ciara lashes out at Hope and Rafe as they confront her for showing up to the New Year’s Eve gala drunk. She then lashes out at Jennifer and Eric, but feels guilty after throwing Eric’s drunken car crash in his face.

I enjoyed these scenes, and Konafel did a great job of showing how much Ciara is hurting and also how angry she is, the combination is making her quite a handful.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Best Actor: Chandler Massey (Will, Days Of Our Lives)
    Best Actor: Freddie Smith (Sonny, Days Of Our Lives)

Best Actress: Sharon Case (Sharon, The Young and the Restless)

Sonny and Will have a heart to heart about where Will was the night before at midnight (kissing Paul) and his belief that it is unfair to both of them to stay together. Sonny is so disappointed but Will has a point: until his memory comes back he wishes to explore who he is on his own. He also really has it bad for Paul! (; These scenes were so well played and while I am completely on Team Sonny and Will, it would be better with more beats – probably eventually (when Sonny has finally moved on) Will will get his memory back!

Bravo to Sharon Case! Sharon confronts Scott about his relationship with Abby and she plays so many different emotions. This is why I love Sharon so much. She had nice scenes with Mariah and then really unleashed with Scott.

ReplyCopy URL
    gatorman
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Actress: Sharon Case (Sharon Y&R).

Sharon was amazing today. Finding out about Scott’s deception and laying into him. Talking to Mariah. Then the catfight with Abby. She played so many different emotions and was stellar in each scene.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Best Drama Series, Best Directing, Best Writing (The Young and the Restless)
    Best Supporting Actress: Marla Adams (Dina, Y&R)
    Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Clare Egan (Chelsea, Y&R)

I still have tears rolling down my face I was so moved by today’s episode. Dina and Chelsea had me in tears. Dina’s alzheimer’s is being played so well, the beats are all there, and it is realistic (my mother had a similar form of dementia; it’s definitely realistic). The scene where Dina believes Christian is Jack and Nick is trying to get to his son had me crying my eyes out, then Chelsea’s outburst of tears at the end of the episode, all that pent up emotion, blaming herself, and the tenderness from Nick – really wonderful. Each and every scene of this episode was well written, produced and played. Kudos also to Sharon Case, Tracey E Bregman, Joshua Morrow, Peter Bergman, Eileen Davidson, Doug Davidson… really terrific work from everyone on today’s episode!

ReplyCopy URL
    gatorman
    Participant
    Topics:

January 4, 2018

Y&R for Best Drama, Writing and Directing Series.

Joshua Morrow (Lead Actor)
    Melissa Claire Egan (Lead Actress)
    Marla Adams (Supporting Actress)

I agree with Freemangriffin. Y&R was on fire today. All the stories gelled very well together and the acting was top notch. It was so cute how Dina was playing hide and seek with Christian, then wanted Jack to talk to him about breaking a cup. At the end how she was holding him and didn’t want anyone to come near him. Marla Adams is mesmerising.

ReplyCopy URL
    chicano1616
    Participant
    Topics:

January 5, 2018

Bold and the Beautiful

Lead Actor- Don Diamont
    Lead Actor- Scott Clifton

Bill begs Liam to forgive Steffy and not to breakup his family. Liam cuts ties with Bill.

Amazing acting from Don especially the ending with Bill literally on his knees begging Liam to forgive. Both actors were on their A game.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

January 18, 2018

Best Actor: Daniel Goddard, Y&R
    Best Supporting Actress: Marla Adams, Y&R
    Best Supporting Actress: Christel Khalil, Y&R

Cane and Lily have really tender scenes as they look back at their relationship. Quieter scenes sometimes win (Christian LeBlanc won one of his Emmys for a really quiet reel). Excellent work from both of them (:

Marla Adams Marla Adams Marla Adams! Dina is my current favorite character and MA is def. my favorite Y&R actress. Her scenes with Paul and her scene at the end when she says “I am his wife. You have my permission to take him off life support”. Yowzers! Really phenomenal work!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday, January 19, 2018

Best Actress: Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (Steffy, B&B)

Steffy is miserable and talking to her father, Ridge, about her pregnancy. She explains to him that Liam has left but that’s all her fault. She eventually tells him that she had sex with Bill (this show is so so so incestuous!). JMW does a great job with the tension in these scenes: guilt, shame, misery. Excellent performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ Jacquie has been absolutely riveting in this storyline. I really hope she submits her work for consideration next year; she deserves all the Emmys, and more!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Best Actor: Chandler Massey and Freddie Smith, Days Of Our Lives

Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Storms, General Hospital

Will hands Sonny divorce papers; they talk about how they want different things at the moment. Sonny is devastated. The writing is so good and the acting is superb!

Everybody has shone in their scenes after Nathan has been shot but Kirsten Storms has shone the brightest and has been truly moving as she tries to stay strong and positive while frightened inside. Truly beautiful work from her!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

General Hospital:

Best Directing
    Best Writing
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Storms
    Best Supporting Actor: the actor who plays Peter

Everybody turned in terrific performances, and I was crying my eyes out at Nathan’s death but the standout was Kirsten Storms as Maxie. Combining the two episodes she has a superb Emmy reel for next year. A phenomenal performance today.

IDK the name of the actor who plays Peter? His scene with Faison in the hospital room was chilling and expertly performed. He is a very interesting actor and this was a terrific performance.

The director and the writers did a terrific job. I care deeply about Nathan and Maxie and this sendoff for the character was masterfully done.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Best Actress: Eileen Davidson, The Young and the Restless

The scene where Jack tries to make amends with Ashley over his mistreatment of her recently was special and I would have ED consider it as part of her Emmy reel for next year, in particular a moment when she gets choked up about being “John Abbott’s daughter” – beautiful acting performance! Now that they can create 20 minutes from 4 episodes this short scene would be an excellent inclusion for her.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday, February 9, 2018

Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Storms, General Hospital

KS has her Emmy reel – Nathan’s death and now his funeral, particularly the scene with Georgie on the floor by the door – beautiful performances by her. Truly Emmy-worthy work!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.