Home Forums Daytime TV 2018 Daytime Emmy Submissions

2018 Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 172 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
OLTLfan
  • EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Greg Vaughan was great, and I thought Eric Martsolf was excellent as well. The look of shame and regret on his face after Eric says he’s so angry was perfection.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

October 2 & 3, 2018

Best Actress: Sharon Case (Sharon, The Young and the Restless)
    Best Supporting Actress: Camryn Grimes (Mariah, The Young and the Restless)

On Tuesday’s episode Sharon learns from Mariah that Nick had sex with his ex-wife Phyllis. On Wednesday’s episode she continues the conversation with Mariah. These scenes were wonderful in that they were subdued, with Sharon trying to think things through, being upset, yet also torn because she loves Nick so much and wants to marry him. Mariah is conflicted about telling Sharon this news. The two are so good together in all of their scenes. This scene could be part of larger reels for each actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

October 5, 2018

Best Actress: Sharon Case (Sharon, The Young and the Restless)

Sharon breaks up with Nick. The writing was very mature and her performance was beautiful – it’s hard for me as I have been wanting Sharon and Nick back together for such a long time but her acting performance was so persuasive as to why it never works out for them. Sharon Case could put together a reel from her work during this past week that would be extremely effective. I personally believe she is a lead; whichever category she places herself in she deserves a nomination imo.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, October 29 and Tuesday, October, 30
    Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Lead Actor
    Eric Martsolf — Brady Black
    Outstanding Supporting Actress
    Kassie DePaiva — Eve Donovan

After almost sharing a beer with Rex, Brady decides not to drink and instead attempts to reconcile with Eve, explaining what happened with Nicole, Holly and Eric and how guilty he feels about Nicole’s death. He and Eve make amends. On Tuesday, after they’ve had sex, Brady admits to having had sex with Kristen in his quest to help Sami get information about EJ. Eve realizes Brady still has feelings for Kristen despite everything she’s done, and can’t be with him. She also informs him that DiMera has decided to dissolve Basic Black. Eve leaves Salem, having a quick and nasty run-in with Jennifer on her way out.

I feel like Eric Martsolf has had a really strong year, and the last couple of episodes have featured strong performances with some good layers for him. As a viewer, these scenes between Brady and Eve are actually the most emotional I’ve gotten over Nicole’s death. The Tuesday episode in particular was also good for Kassie DePaiva, with a lot of range as she goes from lovey-dovey to hurt and angry to resigned and finally into spitfire mode in the scene with Eve and Jennifer.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Nov. 5, 2018

Best Guest Performer (assuming her run ends soon and she isn’t eligible for Supporting Actress): Stacey Haiduk as Susan Banks, Days Of Our Lives

imo Ms. Haiduk has been GREAT in the role of Susan – and terrible in the role of Kristen! Today she played Susan, hilariously trading barbs with the wonderful Victor (John Aniston). Personally I think Stacey Haiduk should only submit material where she has played Susan and none of her scenes as Kristen – she has been wonderful consistently since day one of Susan’s return!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Nov. 13, 2018

Best Supporting Actress: Camryn Grimes (Mariah, Y&R)

Mariah has stumbled on the money that Tessa has and confronts her about it – she winds up leaving, not trusting Tessa, who refuses to tell her where she got the money. Camryn Grimes is such a terrific actress and delivers yet again with today’s performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Reflecting on potential Supporting Actress Daytime Emmy nominees for 2018 there are an overwhelming number of possibilities.

From Days: Camila Banus, Kassie DePaiva, Judi Evans, Stacey Haiduk (might be eligible in Guest Performer category), Deidre Hall (could go lead), Lauren Koslow, Jen Lilley, Martha Madison, Melissa Reeves, Suzanne Rogers, Louise Sorel, Alison Sweeney

From GH: Tamara Braun, Genie Francis, Nancy Lee Grahn, Rebecca Herbst (could go lead), Michelle Stafford (could go lead), Kirsten Storms (could go lead)

From Y&R: Marla Adams, Melissa Clare Egan, Camryn Grimes, Amelia Heinle (should go lead), Beth Maitland, Mishael Morgan (could go lead)

From B&B: Katherine Kelly Lang (could go lead), Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (should go lead), Alley Mills, Rena Sofer

It’s not only going to be tough to get this down to five but also to ten pre-nominees. Some won’t submit, some will submit in lead, it’s still an incredibly crowded category!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, November 19, 2018

Terrific performances today on Days Of Our Lives and The Young and the Restless!

Best Supporting Actress: Camryn Grimes (Mariah, Y&R)

Best Actress: Marci Miller (Abigail, Days)
    Best Supporting Actress: Camila Banus (Gabi, Days)

Honorable mentions: Billy Flynn and Melissa Reeves, Days; Sharon Case, Amelia Heinle, Gina Tognoni and Melody Thomas Scott, Y&R

Camryn Grimes continues to deliver as Mariah confronts Sharon with the truth about J.T.’s murder. Camryn has been delivering big time in this story!

Gabi taunts Abigail about her predicament and what Gabi did to put her where she is (in a mental institution). Abigail attacks Gabi! I especially was impressed with Camila Banus, who makes us understand her fury at her former bff…

ReplyCopy URL
    robbalto
    Participant
    Topics:

Freeman, I second all the citations you made today. Great performances all around!

Regarding the Supporting Actress category… I have noticed for the last few years that this category is always the most difficult for me to narrow down when I am creating lists of the top performers. There are just so many good ones! It’s so hard to narrow it down to five. I try to consider whether the actress did something unique or new this year — that helps me to narrow the field. Still, it is never easy.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

It was a great final episode for Marci Miller yesterday, and she and Camila Banus were on fire in those scenes. Both were excellent. There was a moment where Gabi leans in to Abigail — I wish I could remember what exactly she said, something to the effect of that Abigail deserved to suffer the way she did maybe — but the line, the delivery and the way it was filmed were just quintessential soap deliciousness. Kudos.

And yes, I agree with you both about the supporting actresses. Every year there are literally dozens of good options.

ReplyCopy URL
    Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

Camila Banus definitely needs to submit the episode where she confesses everything to Abigail in the hospital. She was awesome. I don’t see anyone beating her if she submits those scenes. The only thing it didn’t have was crying, but the voters like to see range so she should definitely be the frontrunner right now for Supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, November 26, 2018

Best Younger Actress: Eden McCoy (Josslyn, GH)

Josslyn goes to see Oliver and lets him know she knows he is sick. He explains to her how sick he actually is. She tries to persuade him to do the medications and treatment that his parents want him to do. Afterwards she enters her home and cries. Eden has been doing a great job all year and I really hope she gets a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Thursday, Nov. 29, 2018

Best Actress: Maura West (Ava, General Hospital)

Maura West once again shows us why she is one of the greatest daytime actresses ever with a tour de force performance as Ava learns that her daughter Kiki has been murdered. The scene where she exhorts her dead daughter to get up and realized that she truly indeed was dead was an emotional rollercoaster ride, so brilliantly performed. She got all the beats of denial and gradual realization of the sad truth perfect.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sean Phillips
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah this is honestly preferable to her stand alone episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    SoapFan88
    Participant
    Topics:

Seconding the citation for MW on GH today. She just made herself a pretty damn strong contender for the trophy and is my favorite to win now. Heinle will be tough to beat though. In my opinion, those are the two to watch.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  SoapFan88.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 172 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.