Home Forums Daytime TV 2018 Daytime Emmy Submissions

2018 Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 172 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
OLTLfan
  • Kendall
    Participant
    Topics:

Between MW standalone episode and Ava’s grief for Kiki,,and I’m sure MW is going to continue to deliver weeks to come. She has to be the front runner for Lead Actress. I like AH but she might as well go supporting.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  Kendall.
    ReplyCopy URL
    JONNYSBRO
    Participant
    Topics:

The lead actress is going to be tough. Maura was fabulous as always but so was Michelle Stafford who had a better overall year. Amelia was great in JT stuff. Marci Miller imo had the best year of anyone. Gina Tognoni with the Summer slap was delicious. One again this category is stacked

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen Maura West’s performance yet, but I’m sure it’s fantastic. Nothing is a guarantee with the Daytime Emmys, but at this point I wouldn’t thin Amelia Heinle is really competitive for a win. I like Heinle, and I did think people were underestimating her when she had that surprise first win a few years ago, but I don’t think her performances in the JT storyline, while very good, will stand out amongst the other work we’ve gotten from lead actresses over the year. Maybe I’ll feel differently about it if I see all of it together, but that’s my feeling now. But I also feel that given her screentime after JT was killed, Heinle could very well go supporting without much griping.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

^all Amelia has to do is submit the abuse episode and the episode where she admits to the abuse and the Emmy is hers in whichever category she submits; Maura West is her only competition with her stand-alone episode and yesterday’s tour de force if AH submits in lead (imho)

ReplyCopy URL
    Kendall
    Participant
    Topics:

^While those scenes were well done,and AH did a great job. Hell she was one of my top 3 performances of the year until MW showed out this week and bumped her down. Unless MW submits the wrong tape, the emmy is her’s.

I think MS will go supporting…like she’s been doing in the past since she joined GH. If she does that she is a for sure nominee in that category.

I think for GH MW, LW,FH and KM will submit lead.

My rankings
    West
    Miller
    Tognini
    Heinlee (If she goes Lead)
    Stafford (If she goes Lead)
    Hughes

But I could Finola sneaking in..she had some good material this year.

I definitely see two GH girls making the final lineup.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  Kendall.
    ReplyCopy URL
    SoapFan88
    Participant
    Topics:

If I had any doubts about MW deserving that trophy…they’re gone now.

General Hospital
    Monday, December 3rd, 2018
    Outstanding Lead Actress: Maura West as Ava Jerome
    Ava threatens to take revenge on Griffin in the PCPD and laments that she never got the chance to mend her relationship with Kiki.

She deserves this award. TBH I think she deserved it last year too, and she didn’t win then so maybe someone will pull an upset. But, now….I really think the Emmy is MW’s to lose.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  SoapFan88.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  SoapFan88.
    ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Queen Maura was brilliant again today. As far as last year goes I believe she chose the wrong ending scene for her Emmy-reel – the one with Griffin in the boxing gym was not her best work. I also think she likely got done in by the fact that Nancy and Laura were both nominated and both had terrific reels, opening the door for Eileen Davidson to sneak in with a terrific reel to win it.

Perhaps Amelia Heinle will submit in the Supporting Actress category; if they are both nominated for their best material (AH: the abuse episode with J.T. and her amazing scene where she admits to the other women the abuse; MW: the stand-alone episode from earlier in the year with scenes from Friday and Monday’s aftermath of Kiki’s murder) – we have two really deserving winners regardless of category placement.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, December 3, 2018
    Days of our Lives
    Best Actor
    Tyler Christopher — Stefan DiMera

Abigail tries to convince Stefan to let her out of Bayview by pretending to be Gabby and saying they can finally be together.

I thought this was a strong performance from TC. It was subtle, but I was really moved by it and felt really bad for Stefan. Kate Mansi’s been good in her return to far, though watching her be Abigail pretending to be Gabby is so tricky. Considering she’d never been Gabby before, I just feel like I have no proper frame of reference to even judge such a thing, but the scenes really worked for me because of Tyler’s connection to her and the situation.

ReplyCopy URL
    SoapFan88
    Participant
    Topics:

General Hospital
    Tuesday, December 11th, 2018
    Outstanding Lead Actress: Maura West as Ava Jerome
    Outstanding Supporting Actress/Lead Actress: Genie Francis as Laura Collins

Laura has a heart-to-heart with Sonny and reveals the recent issues that she has had with Kevin. Ava lashes out at the guests of Kiki’s funeral and promises her daughter to avenge her death.

Brilliant work from these ladies. GF will probably go supporting, but I would love to see both her and MW nominated in lead instead. Usually Laura Wright nabs the other GH nomination (sometimes three ladies from GH are nommed, though) but I hope GF boxes her out!

ReplyCopy URL
    Marilyn
    Participant
    Topics:

December 11, 2018
    Best Supporting Actress: Susan Seaforth-Hayes as Julie on DOOL
    Julie is showcased in a bunch of different current storylines and the audience gets to see her first performance from 50 years ago as well as a great montage of Doug and Julie set to a new recording of the Most Beautiful Girl in the World by Bill Hayes.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

December 17, 2018

Best Supporting Actress: Camila Banus (Gabi, Days Of Our Lives)

Gabi catches Julie in her room. Julie has stolen the paternity test results. Gabi confronts Julie and they get in a terrible fight. When Julie tries to leave Gabi follows her and they struggle over Gabi’s pocketbook and Julie falls down the stairs. Chad and Sonny come out and find her at the bottom of the stairs. The look on Gabi’s face was truly great acting by Camila Banus! (honorable mention: Susan Seaforth Hayes as Julie)

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

^^Yes, Camila Banus was awesome in this episode as she has been throughout this storyline. I also want to cite Susan Seaforth Hayes for Supporting Actress for this episode. SSH brings such a high drama/melodrama to every moment of this, even when she’s laying at the bottom of the stairs with no lines or stage direction. It’s incredible. The highlight for me was Julie reading the test results and then blasting, “Oh my God, Chad is the father of the baby! And you didn’t tell him! And you didn’t tell Abigail!! You mendacious little bitch!!!” Capped off by a fantastic slap. I’ve watched it like 10 times already. It makes me kind of sad that so much of Julie’s (mostly unfair) animosity towards Gabi happens behind her back rather than to her face.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I just read through our entire year’s worth of citations and it was fascinating. I could see the great potential Emmy reels for so many different performers!

We cited 74 different performers!

There was one actress with 12 citations, another with 7, another with 6, and several with 5 citations. There was only one actor with 7 citations, and then there was a spread the wealth with others.

Some of my favorites were hardly cited at all for individual episodes but I suspect could still put together brilliant Emmy reels.

There was one former Emmy winner who surprisingly was not cited at all this year (although one person mentioned her as a favorite of theirs, she was nonetheless never cited).

Sometimes it was clear that we simply didn’t cite a performer who deserved to be cited.

it was fascinating to see the ups and downs of characters and performers over the years, hot with a particular storyline and then cool with the rest of their work the rest of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

Tyler Christopher, Billy Flynn, and Camila Banus gave Emmy worthy performances today, but Camila’s best tape is still when she was confessing everything she did in the hospital by Abigail’s bedside.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I am really hoping that Camila Banus gets an Emmy nomination for this year. I suspect she would submit in supporting rather than lead actress, but it’s up to her to decide which category she submits in. (btw, I do wish they would let us know who submits and who doesn’t each year!).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 172 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.