Home Forums Daytime TV 2018 Daytime Emmy Submissions

2018 Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 166 through 172 (of 172 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
OLTLfan
  • EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Some excellent stuff over the last few days:

Monday, December 24 – Wednesday, December 26
    Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Drama Series (12/24, 12/25)
    Outstanding Directing (12/24)
    Outstanding Writing (12/24 – 12/26)
    Lead Actor — Billy Flynn (Chad DiMera) (12/26)
    Lead Actor — Tyler Christopher (Stefan O. DiMera) (12/25, 12/26)
    Lead Actress — Camila Banus (Gabi Hernandez) (12/26)
    Supporting Actress — Kate Mansi (Abigail Deveraux) (12/24, 12/25)
    Outstanding Hairstyling, Makeup and Wardrobe (12/24)

Monday, 12/24: Julie wakes up but doesn’t remember what happened just before she fell down the stairs. Abigail serves Stefan with divorce papers and reveals that she’s been faking the Gabby personality. Ciara and Claire make strides toward getting along. Ben and Ciara share a Christmas moment. Gabi tells Chad she’s moving out of the Kiriakis mansion and invites him and Thomas to come live with her and Ariana, which he accepts. With Julie now doing well, the Hortons gather for their traditional Christmas Eve celebration, but fireworks erupt when Abigail returns, announces that she was faking her relapse, and has an emotional confrontation with Jennifer, who still doesn’t believe her.

Tuesday, 12/25: Stefan comes to visit Charlotte and wants to take her home for Christmas night, but as he argues with Abigail, Julie remembers that Chad is actually the baby’s father. Stefan’s denial is quashed when Kayla confirms the result in the hospital database. Sheila cheers Abe up after an awkward visit with Valerie. Leo continues to be a nuisance to Sonny and his family, and makes waves at the hospital’s Christmas celebration for the sick children. Will is heartened after he manages to steal Sonny away for a Christmas kiss. Chad and Gabi prepare for their move. Abigail tells Chad that Charlotte is his daughter, not Stefan’s.

Wednesday, 12/26: Abigail explains the truth about Charlotte to Chad and is finally able to convince him that Gabi was setting her up. Chad confronts Gabi and gets her to admit to everything she’s done. Stefan reels from the revelation that he isn’t Charlotte’s father and sends Ben after Gabi.

In addition to the exciting happenings and excellent performances, the women at the Horton house on Christmas Eve looked incredible. The hair was gorgeous, and the outfits were lovely.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

now that the year is over this is my final list of who I personally think ought to be nominated for 2018. These lists were hard! The acting on daytime is phenomenal, even when the stories aren’t all that great. I struggled with paring it down to 10 and then to 5. Looking through these citations was great for reminding me of performances I had forgotten. I went with my own beliefs about category placements.

Best Actress:

Camila Banus, Days Of Our Lives
    Sharon Case, The Young and the Restless
    Amelia Heinle, The Young and the Restless
    Kirsten Storms, General Hospital
    Maura West, General Hospital

(runners-up: Eileen Davidson, Y&R; Deidre Hall, Days; Marci Miller, Days; Mishael Morgan, Y&R; and Laura Wright, GH)

Best Actor:

Billy Flynn, Days Of Our Lives
    Jon Lindstrom, General Hospital
    Eric Martsolf, Days Of Our Lives
    Chandler Massey, Days Of Our Lives
    Joshua Morrow, The Young and the Restless

(runners-up: Eric Braeden, Y&R; Tyler Christopher, Days; Scott Clifton, B&B; Don Diamont, B&B; and Roger Howarth, GH)

Best Supporting Actress:

Marla Adams, The Young and the Restless
    Kassie DePaiva, Days Of Our Lives
    Judi Evans, Days Of Our Lives
    Genie Francis, General Hospital
    Camryn Grimes, The Young and the Restless

(runners-up: Nancy Lee Grahn, GH; Rebecca Herbst, GH; Beth Maitland, Y&R; Suzanne Rogers, Days; and Melody Thomas Scott, Y&R)

Best Supporting Actor:

Thad Luckinbill, The Young and the Restless
    Christopher Sean, Days Of Our Lives
    Parry Shen, General Hospital
    Freddie Smith, Days Of Our Lives
    Greg Vaughan, Days Of Our Lives

(runners-up: John Aniston, Days; Bryan Dattilo, Days; Chad Duell, GH; Wesley Ramsey, GH; and Robert Scott Wilson, Days)

Best Younger Actress:

Hayley Erin, General Hospital
    Olivia Rose Keegan, Days Of Our Lives
    Victoria Konefal, Days Of Our Lives
    Chloe Lanier, General Hospital
    Eden McCoy, General Hospital

Best Younger Actor:

Lucas Adams, Days Of Our Lives
    Nicolas Bechtel, General Hospital
    Casey Moss, Days Of Our Lives
    Garen Stitt, General Hospital

Best Guest Performer:

Stacey Haiduk, Days Of Our Lives
    Jen Lilley, Days Of Our Lives
    Martha Madison, Days Of Our Lives
    Alison Sweeney, Days Of Our Lives
    Paul Telfer, Days Of Our Lives

Best Drama Series:

Days Of Our Lives
    General Hospital
    The Young and the Restless

Best Directing Team:

The Bold and the Beautiful
    Days Of Our Lives
    General Hospital

Best Writing Team:

Days Of Our Lives
    General Hospital

ReplyCopy URL
    SoapFan88
    Participant
    Topics:

Great list, FreemanGriffin! You inspired me to do my own– there are some similarities.

Best Drama Series:
    1. Days of Our Lives – My favorite soap during the first half of the year. Deserves the win, imo, but could lose because it can be tough to win twice in a row!
    2. General Hospital – Had a weak first half to their year, but things really picked up in late summer. Has been quite strong for the past two months or so!
    3. The Young and the Restless
    4. The Bold and the Beautiful

Best Directing:
    1. General Hospital – Overall, their episodes feel the most cohesive to me. Scenes feel connected and creatively shot.
    2. The Young and the Restless
    3. Days of Our Lives

Best Writing Team:
    1. Days of Our Lives – Ron Carlivati continues to be the best writer in daytime. Hopefully things don’t go sour like they did on GH.
    2. The Young and the Restless
    3. General Hospital

Outstanding Lead Actor:
    1. Joshua Morrow, The Young and the Restless – He’s overdue and did some amazing work earlier in the year…I’m so happy to his talents being utilized.
    2. Roger Howarth, General Hospital
    3. Peter Bergman, the Young and the Restless 
    4. Chandler Massey, Days of Our Lives
    5. Tyler Christopher, Days of Our Lives

Outstanding Lead Actress:
    1. Maura West, General Hospital – She deserves this award hands down, in my opinion. She really takes some of the worst writing on daytime and makes it feel like a film performance. She’s so consistent and always gives her all.
    2. Amelia Heinle, The Young and the Restless
    3. Marci Miller, Days of Our Lives
    4. Michelle Stafford, General Hospital
    5. Sharon Case, The Young and the Restless

Outstanding Supporting Actor:
    1. Max Gail, General Hospital – He has been absolutely incredible in his storyline. GH really stumbled upon an amazing actor…I hope he can stick around for a while longer.
    2. Thad Luckinbill, The Young and the Restless
    3. Chad Duell, General Hospital
    4. Christopher Sean, Days of Our Lives
    5. Greg Vaughan, Days of Our Lives

Outstanding Supporting Actress:
    1. Camila Banus, Days of Our Lives – Many are saying she’ll go in lead, and she definitely could! However, I want to see her WIN and I don’t think she can beat MW. Since she is borderline, I hope she submits in supporting and wins the award!
    2. Kirsten Storms, General Hospital
    3. Marla Adams, The Young and the Restless
    4. Camryn Grimes, The Young and the Restless
    5. Nancy Lee Grahn, General Hospital

Outstanding Younger Actor:
    1. Casey Moss, Days of Our Lives
    2. Garen Stitt, General Hospital
    3. William Lipton, General Hospital
    4. Lucas Adams, Days of Our Lives

Outstanding Younger Actress:
    1. Chloe Lanier, General Hospital – I almost wish she would submit in supporting. She is magnificent and could even give Camila Banus a run for her money in that category!
    2. Hayley Erin, General Hospital
    3. Eden McCoy, General Hospital
    4. Victoria Konefal, Days Of Our Lives

ReplyCopy URL
    NiqueAlexis
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are mine based on watching GH, Days, Y&R

Best Actor

Drake Hogyesten

Peter Bergman

Jon Lindstrom

Eric Martsolf

Best Actress

Maura West

Amelia Henlie

Finola Hughes(The Earlier Stuff when Faison came back to town & she came face to face with her nightmare not the character assassination b.s. with Peter)

Sharon Case

Camilia Banus(Can go either way lead/supporting)but I hope she does what Marci did when she drove story almost all last year submit in lead.

Supporting Actress

Kirsten Storms(I’m really hoping she submits here which is where she belongs)Rarely does she get the material to show out but when she does she runs with it. She took a story that has been done to death with Maxie(losing someone she loves)& gave a tour de force emmy winning Caliber Performance. I’m hoping this is where she submits & gets a long overdue Emmy Nom & win.

Marla Adams

Traci Matiland

Camyrn Grimes

– I believe a Days Actress belongs in this spot but It’s all going to come down to who submits where lead/guest. Kassie belongs in lead & can very well get nominated their same with Camilia/Marci both who have drove story all yr. Stacey Haiduk/Ali Sweeney more so Stacey who could slip into this spot if she doesn’t go guest.

Supporting Actor

Max Gail Nothing needs to be said here

Thad Luckinbill

Greg Vaughn

Bryant James

Dominic Z(Dante)

Best Younger Actress

Victoria Konefal

Chloe Lainer

Haley Erin

Eden Mccoy

Best Younger

Casey Moss

Lucas Adams

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

^I know I am the only one who doesn’t like Max Gail! I never have warmed to his portrayal of Mike Corbin. Oh well!

Who is William Lipton and what role does he play on General Hospital? I assume it’s one of Liz’s kids?

ReplyCopy URL
    SoapFan88
    Participant
    Topics:

William Lipton plays Cameron! He has only been on the show since October, but I’ve really enjoyed his portrayal, especially in his scenes with Joss.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

^thanks for the information about William Lipton; he has been growing on me. He would be fine as a fifth nominee, but for me Casey Moss needs to win this year, to make up for his being robbed last year. (and he had great material esp. during the baby paternity reveal).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 166 through 172 (of 172 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.